IGNORED

Lads, it can't get much worse

Aidan

Hello guys, this is my first post to Toffee Talk, although I've been reading articles I've never really commented on much until recently so just wanted to say hello before i begin my article!

Our annual "mess up the first half of the season" hasn't been good this year. Fans, players and Moyes's moral is rock bottom and as always we're all trying to find someone to blame. Lady luck is certainly not on our side as we lose in a horrific game to Bolton, our keeper is the only one that can score, our (arguably) best centre half has been ruled out for up to 6 weeks, there are other vital players injured and to top it all off we dont have a bloody pot to.... nevermind.

However, I ask you all to just calm down and realise that things could be worse. We're Everton, we will turn it around in the next few weeks and then Goodison Park will be a singing fortress again. Signings, new contracts and Donovan coming back isn't going to give the squad a boost, they need to do it themselves. Personally, whether you think I'm talking a load of bull or not, I believe that the influential side of the squad hasn't been as good as it has been in recent years. Neville is getting on and his ability looks like its starting to deteriorate, Arteta has left for better things and also Cahill isn't scoring and doesn't seem to even be involved when he's on the pitch. All 3 of these lads are massively influential to the squad, and when their moral is rock bottom, everyone else's is going to be too (aside from Arteta who's done one!).

Lets all get behind the boys. They need us know more than ever, now to all you pessimists stop moaning and get Goodison singing again!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been positive all year mate. Now every bugger hates me lol. laugh.png

Not at all mate. I don't share your views but I do enjoy reading your posts. As I said before , there I would like nothing better than you to be right and myself to be proved utterly wrong.

Regarding the O.P , sorry I can't join in your optimism. Too many lies and evading of important questions. I do admire your optimism though and welcome .

Is it really as bad as some make out though, I've seen some worse times than these, we're nowhere near as in dire straits as I've seen from years before I could mention, after all, we do have a very winnable third round tie tomorrow in the FA cup and there would be a long list of teams who would give anything to have our place in the draw tomorrow, with all due respect to Tamworth and it's supporters. Still an outside chance of a Euro place by end of May, long way off yet but anything is possible. It's not like there's nothing left to play for. If by some amazing feat Tamworth manage to overcome us tomorrow then it may be time to worry but on this night, still quietly confident

Remember when Walter Smith played Watson upfront with the other 10 players in their proper positions, and route 1 was the norm. That was better than this shambles, Moyes has well and truely 1-upped his fellow Scot and needs a swift kick in the head quick.

Do you think Drenthe would do a good job up front? He can finish from long range and he's not too bad from close range, I think. I know he's not really an aerial threat threat what-so-ever but keep in mind he is very agile, has the first touch of a God and the pace of a cheater! I think he would work well with straq or vellios from long ball headed flick ons, i think he can read the game well like that and he chases down everyone, he'd certainly be something to trouble defenders and force errors.

Do you think Drenthe would do a good job up front? He can finish from long range and he's not too bad from close range, I think. I know he's not really an aerial threat threat what-so-ever but keep in mind he is very agile, has the first touch of a God and the pace of a cheater! I think he would work well with straq or vellios from long ball headed flick ons, i think he can read the game well like that and he chases down everyone, he'd certainly be something to trouble defenders and force errors.

He'd do will in a Andy Johnson role when fit, but would be a waste. We need him on the wing.

Aiden, welcome and bless you! I could only dream to have your optimism.

Unfortunately experience has given me the knowledge to know its misplaced. I'm assuming your are a young gent and have yet seen the blues in the type of pomp that made us the 4th most succesful team in England.

The signs are bad mate, I've been anti bill for some good time as I knew he had put us in a position that he is unable to get us out of, and that is to replace the deadwood which I forecasted 2 years ago (mods can you dig one of them out?). Bill is one problem and I always thought moyes would see him gone to be given the opportunity to spend some money despite the concerns over his tactics and stubbornness.

It seems that the fans are voting with their feet, groans and marches. I think moyes despite his £70k a week will go. He won't be sacked, he will do a kenny the first time round, know his game is up and get out while the going is good.

Stay optimistic mate, but with caution until big changes are made to the board. Only then can we judge our tactically inept manager.

Moyes gets £70,000 a week for this?, give me the job up there, I couldn't do any worse at the moment, and at least there would be an actual supporter of the club at the helm, I'd soon scrap any favored 4-5-1 shit and play with a more attacking emphasis. I'd be a bit more animated than Moyes, he's too phlegmatic sometimes, Everton lost, 'oh well, it happens etc etc' (Moyes seems almost dormant)

Who do I write to shaking fist.png

Welcome to the site mate.

I think we've had worse, or at least equally bad phases under Moyes. I mean one season West Brom beat us 4-0 twice in one season (if I remember correctly)

But this isn't what we've all come to expect from David Moyes' Everton, and while it is disappointing, I do agree with you that for all our ranting and raving here, the best thing we can do is get 100% behind DM and the 11 lads on the pitch at every game, even if it is bloody Neville, fecking Cahill, and that useless waste of space Saha.

After all, we saw the other night what happens when the wind is behind us, if all the fans stay behind the team, it'll come, it always does.

ha... I'm convinced we'll lose.

United lose 3 on the trot? It's sod's law.

probably end up City 1 : 7 United such is their 'jamminess'

At least you're at home... playing those lower league teams is a nightmare. They have nothing to lose, and can smell fear. 9 times out of 10 they get over excited and lose in the last 30 minutes, but 1 in 10.... just waiting to happen. You should be ok though. I hope Everton fans turn out in numbers and make it a great atmosphere... but 3rd round of the cup isn't too inspiring for a lot of fans.

Thank you for finally posting something like this, i always wanted to but i wasnt confident enough. As you can probably tell i completely agree with you and i have only followed everton closely for four years now but we have had worse times and the team and moyes need us to stand behind them, especially moyes because he stuck with us even through the financial problems and i remember that he really considered not renewing and every one was really scare. Also, i have looked into his tactics as in depth as i could and i really think he is making the best out of what he has. I feel that the only reason people or getting so mad is because he set the expectation too high. COYB

Moyes' best days as club manager are behind him, he's coming up to his 10th anniversary this year, and still nothing to show for it, he's done very well with some outstanding league finishes, but also one or two final standings of near embarrassment, took us into the Champions League and I thank him for that., One Cup Final also in that time, bottom line is, many have said it and quite rightly so, if they had the choice and were able, we would get someone else in, I think he's yesterdays man sometimes, his job is done, there is nothing more to be done, so long as Moyes remains as club manager I can't see any trophies in the meantime, 17 years now since actual honors, it's been such a long time, and yes we are a big club, so therefore I'll say, 'not acceptable for such a big club', I feel under a different leadership we may well have done something in domestic cup competitions, Moyes is stale now and so say many, I don't wish him any harm but for the good of the club maybe should vacate at some stage.

If there is a shock on Merseyside later today this will only reinforce my point, maybe I should wait until end of season before slagging moyes off but I've seen enough of it to warrant some serious doubts

Moyes' best days as club manager are behind him, he's coming up to his 10th anniversary this year, and still nothing to show for it, he's done very well with some outstanding league finishes, but also one or two final standings of near embarrassment, took us into the Champions League and I thank him for that., One Cup Final also in that time, bottom line is, many have said it and quite rightly so, if they had the choice and were able, we would get someone else in, I think he's yesterdays man sometimes, his job is done, there is nothing more to be done, so long as Moyes remains as club manager I can't see any trophies in the meantime, 17 years now since actual honors, it's been such a long time, and yes we are a big club, so therefore I'll say, 'not acceptable for such a big club', I feel under a different leadership we may well have done something in domestic cup competitions, Moyes is stale now and so say many, I don't wish him any harm but for the good of the club maybe should vacate at some stage.

If there is a shock on Merseyside later today this will only reinforce my point, maybe I should wait until end of season before slagging moyes off but I've seen enough of it to warrant some serious doubts

Mate, get a grip.

To say Moyes has nothing to show for it, so should go is ridiculous.

How many teams are there in the football league that don't win anything? Should all their managers be sacked? Maybe the Sky clubs should just toss a coin on who will win the league, because the chances of 'any' other team winning it are a big fat zero !

Look at how many managers in our entire history, have won something. Other than the year when we didn't have a manager, only 7 managers in our entire history have ever won silverware.

Moyes has had very little backing from the board in comparison to the teams he has to face every week, yet he has found players from lower leagues, or unknowns, or academy talents, and kept us playing at the top end of the Premiership for most of his tenure.

He was 1-0 up in a Wembley FA final also, and in Wembley again in the League cup semis. He's broken the top 4, and brought European football back to our club, which has to be something special for all fans to enjoy once again.

Had the club been able to back him, he would possibly have taken us to the top, but we will never know, because they haven't been able to.

His peers respect him so much that he had earned a record number of LMA awards, and if he left Everton, there would be a scuffle amongst Premiership and Worldwide Chairmen to secure his services. Some of you don't know how lucky you are to have David Moyes as manager, and many fans can't see further than their noses regarding the obstacles in Moyes' way regarding competing.

If you think 'any' other manager is going to win silverware on the budget we have you must be very optimistic, because even Alex Ferguson would struggle to achieve what Moyes has achieved at our club.

The very fact that you have expectancy at all, is down to David Moyes. The guy is deserving of a knighthood, never mind being slagged off as you put it, by an Internet fan who doesn't even get to watch most matches, and constantly quotes his dates and memories from a history book.

Knock it on the head please. It's out of order, regardless of how many other posters show the same level of frustration. Our fans need to be very careful what they wish for, because if Moyes leaves, we are very vulnerable indeed.

We will scrape a 1-0 win today at best. We have strikers that can't score, a midfield that doesnt create and a defence that might as well be blindfold for all the good it does. I think it is time that fans started to think about the very realistic scenario of a relegation dogfight with our injury problems. crying.gif

If moyes leaves then we should go all out for lambert or Brendan Rodgers - both play exciting football, tactically very smart and operate well in the market.

It's not like moyes is managing us out if the kindness of his heart. He has earned somewhere in the region of £25-£30m in wages for managing everton - he is one of the best paid managers in the premier league.

Is moyes meant to have a job for life? No. None of us do. Appreciating what he has done does not mean he can be a part in the downfall.

Tamworth are bringing 5000+ supporters up today for the match. It should be a good atmosphere

There may well be more Tamworth in the Old Lady than Everton come to think of it unsure.png

You can get odds of 37-1 for the upset to occur should the worst happen

i got 20-1 for tamworth to win..bastards shaking%20fist.png

Mate, get a grip.

To say Moyes has nothing to show for it, so should go is ridiculous.

How many teams are there in the football league that don't win anything? Should all their managers be sacked? Maybe the Sky clubs should just toss a coin on who will win the league, because the chances of 'any' other team winning it are a big fat zero !

Look at how many managers in our entire history, have won something. Other than the year when we didn't have a manager, only 7 managers in our entire history have ever won silverware.

Moyes has had very little backing from the board in comparison to the teams he has to face every week, yet he has found players from lower leagues, or unknowns, or academy talents, and kept us playing at the top end of the Premiership for most of his tenure.

He was 1-0 up in a Wembley FA final also, and in Wembley again in the League cup semis. He's broken the top 4, and brought European football back to our club, which has to be something special for all fans to enjoy once again.

Had the club been able to back him, he would possibly have taken us to the top, but we will never know, because they haven't been able to.

His peers respect him so much that he had earned a record number of LMA awards, and if he left Everton, there would be a scuffle amongst Premiership and Worldwide Chairmen to secure his services. Some of you don't know how lucky you are to have David Moyes as manager, and many fans can't see further than their noses regarding the obstacles in Moyes' way regarding competing.

If you think 'any' other manager is going to win silverware on the budget we have you must be very optimistic, because even Alex Ferguson would struggle to achieve what Moyes has achieved at our club.

The very fact that you have expectancy at all, is down to David Moyes. The guy is deserving of a knighthood, never mind being slagged off as you put it, by an Internet fan who doesn't even get to watch most matches, and constantly quotes his dates and memories from a history book.

Knock it on the head please. It's out of order, regardless of how many other posters show the same level of frustration. Our fans need to be very careful what they wish for, because if Moyes leaves, we are very vulnerable indeed.

F**king Spot on Av, Though I admit to having a few knee jerk "moyes out" moments, I think we would be up proverbial creek without him. It must be just as frustrating for him at times, having to deal with no finances, an ageing underperfoming squad,and, after all the adulation and praise of earlier years, even some fans now turning against him.

8 out of 26 managers have won honours.

Moyes is the the 4th highest manager in terms of games managed in our history. He is the highest match tenured manager not to win honours.

It all means nothing to me. In moyes time at everton he has achieved the gratitude of fans for stabilising an old tired team, but guess what, history is repeating itself. I would have loved for him to win silver but with the joke of a board he has had behind him I do sympathise.

I think the above is a more damning criticism of kenwright and co. more than moyes to be honest. In my opinion he should have aired his issues with the lack of funding and concerns relating to the business operation of the club.

Edited by Hafnia