IGNORED

Pienaar hysteria....

Moyski

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not neccessarily, Moyes wants him to start showing more. If Drenthe wants to stay he'll have to earn the contract. I would have him just off the flashes we've seen but I'm sure if he's wanted here and he wants to stay it'll still happen. He's free to sign a pre-contract with any club... he hasn't so why not us?

If Moyes wanted Drenthe to show more he would be in the team, Drenthe could not even get a game against the team who are bottom of the league, There is no doubt the boy has something but it's very raw and he is not 16,17 he is 24? The problem as i see it is similar to when Ronaldo first came to Man Utd, He was doing 20 stepovers and falling flat on his arse everytime anyone went near him, which quickly resulted in criticism from his own fans. Taggart saw this straight away and new that it needed to be knocked out of him, and Ronaldo learned to do the stepovers in the right place at the right time, making him the player he is now. With Drenthe thats what we need to do, but we have no attack minded coaches or even any senior players with attack-minded skill level who can help Drenthe out and teach him the tricks of the trade so to speak. Moyes as we know seems to have the word "attack" missing from his dictionary which is why i don't feel we will ever get the best from Drenthe because he won't get the appropriate guidance at EFC, its a sad fact but imo true, hence why i don't think we will keep him on.

He's slow, lightweight and lethargic, he's given the ball away and just trotted back, Drenthe will probably wanna fuck off now, his explosive runs piss on Steve's, his heart isn't in this club.

You have a point of view, one that many do not agree with. However it is your opinion and you are entitled to that as is anyone on this forum with their opinions. Never the less, I agree with MikeO when he asks " Where is the hysteria?" Perhaps "Pienaar Excitement" would have been a better title?

For the record I disagree with you.

Anyway that is beside the point, the fact that this thread has descended into bitchiness, has IN MY OPINION ruined what could have been a reasonable discussion.

Grow up the lot of you fer christ's sake. Pienaar is back FACT. Pienaar is not as quick as some other players FACT Drenthe will piss off. OPINION

"but i'm not bumming him like you lot " Bad choice of words, very inciting

"Shut up you tit." Another poor choice of words, having been incited by the posts above it.

If Moyski is a tit in your opinion, that is fair enough. But you really shouldn't let yourself be pulled into silly arguments because of one person's poorly worded comments, (And to be honest, poorly expressed opinions)

So, I am not BUMMING Pienaar. I am not a sodomite. I do think he is a good player who MAY get back to his best with us. And for the record, just on this point alone, I too THINK that Moyski is being a bit of a tit. (No Offense intended there, just my OPINION)

Can we now get back to normallity, please.

If Moyes wanted Drenthe to show more he would be in the team, Drenthe could not even get a game against the team who are bottom of the league, There is no doubt the boy has something but it's very raw and he is not 16,17 he is 24? The problem as i see it is similar to when Ronaldo first came to Man Utd, He was doing 20 stepovers and falling flat on his arse everytime anyone went near him, which quickly resulted in criticism from his own fans. Taggart saw this straight away and new that it needed to be knocked out of him, and Ronaldo learned to do the stepovers in the right place at the right time, making him the player he is now. With Drenthe thats what we need to do, but we have no attack minded coaches or even any senior players with attack-minded skill level who can help Drenthe out and teach him the tricks of the trade so to speak. Moyes as we know seems to have the word "attack" missing from his dictionary which is why i don't feel we will ever get the best from Drenthe because he won't get the appropriate guidance at EFC, its a sad fact but imo true, hence why i don't think we will keep him on.

The comments that he will be played more at home were made and at the moment that is what's happening. Let's not forget the EFC management/coaching team see him on a daily basis in training - he doesn't just need to prove himself on the pitch, which many on here don't think he has.

I think we'll see him cement a place once donovan's loan is up.

The comments that he will be played more at home were made and at the moment that is what's happening. Let's not forget the EFC management/coaching team see him on a daily basis in training - he doesn't just need to prove himself on the pitch, which many on here don't think he has.

I think we'll see him cement a place once donovan's loan is up.

this is the same coaching team that watched Saha every day, and also thought Bily was a winger? think i will wait till the end of the season and see if we still have him(doubt it, but will see)

this is the same coaching team that watched Saha every day, and also thought Bily was a winger? think i will wait till the end of the season and see if we still have him(doubt it, but will see)

The same Saha who was sadly our only striker with any experience at the highest level and has been a top, top Premiership striker - it didn't work for him but as already stated, I think Spurs will get a bit out of him. If we had Beckford or Yak I would have called for them to be playing but Velios and Straq were our only other options - you could say both have done more in their little time? Neither are good enough though - hopefully we have the resolution now in Jelavic - only time will tell.

As for Bily, he clearly isn't a Premier League winger but in saying that he clearly isn't a Premier League player. Signing him was a mistake.

I thought Peinaar was brave returning. With the injuries Spurs have he probably would have got a few games there now. Why compare him with Drenthe?, they have two very different styles plus Drenthe isn't exactly screaming "I love it here offer me a contract please!".. Peanuts can hold the ball, offering it wide, maybe behind Jelavic with Drenthe and Donavon on either wing?

It could be argued that upon Landon Donovan’s return to the MLS at the end of the month, Drenthe will be given a run of games on the right wing. However, with the return of future-right-back Seamus Coleman as the reliable and hard working option, Royston will likely be avoiding splinters on the bench once more. And who could blame him for being a little annoyed, having lost his place firstly to Donovan, a loan signing only available for two months and then to a former player in Pienaar who had left in search of riches before begging to return a year later.

Sadly, on Saturday it is likely that the spark that Everton have often lacked this season will sit once more on the bench, kept away from the pitch due to his rash decisions, rushes of blood and occasional taste for playing questionable passes in dangerous positions. Steven Pienaar will start, his return to link up with Leighton Baines having been met with delight from Everton’s manager and fans. However, Pienaar is truly a percentage player, with his poor record of goals and assists masked by his ability in holding the ball, turning in circles and constant hard work. He is also aging at 29, in contrast to Drenthe’s room for improvement at 24. No disrespect to Pienaar, but he sums up Moyes perfectly. Moyes is an adequate but truly overrated manager outside of Goodison Park, a negative tactician who adores ageing players and bemoans the lack of entertainment his team has offered this season whilst leaving his wildcard option on the bench, choosing to bring Phil Neville on for Tim Cahill while his team are drawing against Wigan.

So the “fancy dan” Double-R Drenthe would probably be best off elsewhere, as much as I’d love to see him stay. You will struggle to find a player with such natural ability available and obtainable for no transfer fee, but under a manager who values perspiration over inspiration he will never truly succeed. Drenthe is a wildcard, a footballing madman even, equally capable of winning games alone and frustrating you in to submission. But isn’t it the surprise factor and the hope of entertainment that puts backsides on seats? If so, then no wonder there are more than ten thousand of them empty at Goodison Park these days.

I don't know where you have quoted that from Moyski but it raises some valid points. I would love to see Drenthe on the pitch more often, he's exciting to watch and he makes things happen, even if he doesn't have a stellar success rate. All we can do is wait and see how Moyes picks his team when Donovan heads back to LA.

Moyes will have to pick from Pienaar, Gueye, Drenthe, Osman and Coleman on the flanks once everyone is fit and Landon is gone. Ideally, I'd like to see Drenthe on the right, Pienaar on the left, with Osman behind the striker and Cahill being used as an impact sub. However, this is Moyes, and Cahill being dropped is unlikely. Contrary to some of the other opinions above, I doubt we will see Drenthe hold down a place in our line up as long as Osman and Pienaar are fit.

Unfortunately, I don't see us signing Drenthe up either. It would be the right thing to do in my opinion, simply because he's a player with a certain raw, unpolished talent, a talent generally lacking from our squad, on a free transfer, but I just can't see Moyes wanting him in the long term given how sparingly and reluctantly he has been used this season.

He's slow, lightweight and lethargic, he's given the ball away and just trotted back, Drenthe will probably wanna fuck off now, his explosive runs piss on Steve's, his heart isn't in this club.

Yeah mate thats all i was trying to say in my initial post before big bollocks got involved, all i'm saying is yes Pienaar is ok but its not the massive deal that some are making out, i think its going to result in us losing a talanted player.

Not the same thing though is it really? rolleyes.gif AND he was MOTM (in most people's opinion) against Wigan, and now has scored a vital goal against Chelsea......... Hate to say i told you so happy.png

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Not the same thing though is it really? rolleyes.gif AND he was MOTM (in most people's opinion) against Wigan, and now has scored a vital goal against Chelsea......... Hate to say i told you so happy.png

2 games is hardly enough to prove your right. He done nothing in the final third against Wigan, today he done well but still had a few dodgy decisions, misplaced/weighted passes wise and would be a close runner up to Straq for MOM.

Pienaar just didn't look bothered today... stats will prove he only covered 5-10metres all game... left Baines stranded all day... fuck him off!

Pienaar just didn't look bothered today... stats will prove he only covered 5-10metres all game... left Baines stranded all day... fuck him off!

Haha

I have to admit I was very optimistic of him albeit one good game coming back and having much impact but totally agree with what your saying regarding Baines I just hope it carries on..

Edited by EFC-Paul

A couple of questions for you boys;

Which loan signing would you prefer to take on a perm? If you had one choice(money no object at this point), who would it be?

Straq - Pienaar - Donovan - Drenthe?

Given £6m, you could purchase as many of the loan signings you wanted but baring in mind their current contract situations and valuations, who would you get? Would you go all out for Donovan or buy secure a couple?

(Values are estimates)

Straq - Value: £1.5m

Pienaar - Value: £4m

Donovan - Value £6m

Drenthe - Value £Free