IGNORED

QPR away

Finn balor

from what i've seen either side looks capable of scorin whenever they go forward

Agreed, I'm just glad that Howard seems to be having one of his good games. He will be a rock in defence for us whilst I am sure we can get the better of Paddy Kenny again. Stracq for example will be hungry for more goals along with Drenthe and Pienaar whilst we have a fired up Jelly on the bench to make all the differance.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so the defence aren't at fault for bad marking? you can't solely blame a player for a goal when giving the free kick away..yeah partly their fault but solely..that's very harsh

Yeah, I guess so - agreed.

It was Drenthe's fault for giving away the free-kick so he is solely responsible for putting us under pressure and forcing us to defend a dangerous free-kick. I do agree however that he probably had nothing to do with it getting past Howard, from the looks of things it just fizzed in and glanced over Zam's head. Does anyone know who was supposed to be marking him? (I'd take a guess at Sylvain).

He did give the goal away though, the player was running into the box but wasn't looking all that threatening, his bad challenge put us under immense pressure and all it needed was a good ball in and one of the Rangers players to get their head to it. It was a shocking tackle and IMO Drenthe is solely responsible for the goal we just conceded.

It's just as well that he scored the first otherwise I'd be really pissed.

I disagree. A free kick should allow us to get organized. However Howard came for a ball in the six-yard box and didn't get it.

Its been just as strange i were fearing before kick off. Tbh honest, i think most of it is cause Gibson replaced by Nev. He can defence on his day, he can tackle. But on the centre of the pitch hes clueless and playing way to far behind. We are very lucky that its 1-1 at half time. We had good looking opening minutes of the game, TC blasted the ball to the crosbar and BOOM. It was gone and qpr all over. Its weird again to see at away game, how invisible Denis is today. We cant get midfield in control(yes i saw we have some nice possession on one 5 minute chapter) and cant start pressing up enought where Denis would be at his best. Hopefully we will get back on track at second half. We need 3 points today, no matter what.

COYB

Edited by LexKing

It was a bad tackle from Drenthe to give away the free kick, but before that, Hibbert got beaten by Taarabt, who was driving into the box and looking very threatening. But on top of that, Zamora had a free header from about 3 yards out, so whoever was meant to be marshalling the defence (Howard) or whoever let him get away were also at fault. Drenthe did not give away the goal single-handedly. I don't understand why everyone's so keen to bash Roysten. Nobody else would have scored that goal or even dreamt of shooting from there.

We aren't keeping the ball well enough, they seem to just be waltzing through our midfield every time they go forward and we're very lucky to be level at half time in my opinion.

Yeah, I guess so - agreed.

It was Drenthe's fault for giving away the free-kick so he is solely responsible for putting us under pressure and forcing us to defend a dangerous free-kick. I do agree however that he probably had nothing to do with it getting past Howard, from the looks of things it just fizzed in and glanced over Zam's head. Does anyone know who was supposed to be marking him? (I'd take a guess at Sylvain).

that says enough about the goal...defenders completely at fault..how do you leave such a big guy alone?

WTF is Moyes again doing? Drenthe off for Osman. Why in the hell not Nev?

All I can think is because then he would have Drenthe, Osman and Pienaar on the field and there would be nobody to hold the fort going back. With Neville on the pitch he has both defensive options aswell as attacking. In Moyes we trust...

no one to hold the fort? what the hell is fellaini for then?

I didn't say it was the right decision, I'm as much against the decision to take off Drenthe and replaced him with Osman as you are. I'm just trying to see the method to Moyes' madness.

Giving away sloppy fouls, not even trying to hold up the ball, but the ball shouldnt be hoofed up to our strikers like this in the first place. We're playing too centrally, which is bollocks because we have two tall strikers in the box. Get it out to the wings, get wingbacks supporting Pienaar and Osman and get the ball in the box, were not crossing were fucking about in the corners and losing the ball over and over again - its frustrating!

Edited by AidanLewis

I didn't say it was the right decision, I'm as much against the decision to take off Drenthe and replaced him with Osman as you are. I'm just trying to see the method to Moyes' madness.

i know man i'm just pointin out that is what fellaini is there for...there is no method to it other than that he is obsessed with playing neville