IGNORED

QPR away

Finn balor

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost their last game 1-0 to Fulham and are slowly nose-diving to the bottom the table, I can't see why we can't go to Loftus Road and get a win because they are surely there for the taking. I was really annoyed with the first game of the season and I hope that our boys are out to get revenge so if we keep our heads screwed on then surely with the form we have found lately we can blow Rangers out of the water.

Stracq to score too to add more to his growing goal tally.

Everton to win 2-0 IMO.

With our recent decent form and a dip in theirs, is the outcome inevitable? I am optimistic of a victory but we need the big game mentality that we have shown against City and Chelsea to stop us falling flat on out faces again. 0-2 for me.

Someone tell them that QPR are top of the table LOL!

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for QPR v Everton

This game falls into the 'must-win' category for QPR, because they are sinking like a stone.

The change of manager has not worked for them as yet and, while you don't always see an instant response when you do that, the big problem for Mark Hughes is that he keeps seeing his players sent off.

Samba Diakite's red card against Fulham last Saturday was QPR's fifth at home this season and that undermines what Hughes is trying to do. It comes from a lack of self-discipline as much as anything - as a player, if you have been booked already, you just have to be very, very careful.

Everton, in contrast, are on a great run of late, having won four of their last five games.

They had last weekend off because Liverpool were in the Carling Cup final but, because they have been playing well and winning, David Moyes and his players would probably have preferred not to have had a break.

If I went with recent form, then I would obviously back Everton to win here but I quite fancy an upset on the basis that QPR's luck will change eventually, and they will begin to get a break or two.

To be fair to Rangers, they haven't played that badly of late but they just keep pressing the self-destruct button and making things difficult for themselves. They will end their bad run sooner or later, though, and this might just be the game where it happens for them.

Prediction: QPR 2-1 Everton

Here are all of Mark Lawrenson's 2011-12 Premier League predictions & how the Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct:

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

Has Coleman ever played at right back for us?

Debut v Benfica he was left back but I can't remember him in defence since so I don't see it happening tomorrow.

Certainly not if Nev and/or Hibbo are fit.

his home debut vs spurs..where he got man of the match and pretty much dragged us from 2-0 down on his own

Strange feelings about this game. We had good run and hopefully we can continue on that, even didnt play last weekend. We should be able to payback our abysmal result at home. Interesting to see what kind of starting eleven we will see today, so many players are really close to come back at playing squad. Probably we will also see Jelly debut today, he played 45 mins for national team this week. But wouldnt definitely drop Straqu from starting lineup, hes been immense lately and his workrate of a horse has got us back to fight point on any game. My guess is 1-2 for us. Straqu and may be Baines will get again his freekick under the bar.

EDIT: my lineup guess

Howard

Hibbo-Johnny-Distin-Baines

Drenthe-Felli-Osman?/Rodwell?-Peanuts

Cahill

Denis The Menace

Edited by LexKing

his home debut vs spurs..where he got man of the match and pretty much dragged us from 2-0 down on his own

That was emergency cover though....he came on for Yobo (presumably Hibbo went to centre back but I don't remember). He's never been selected at right back.

Good post Lex;

IMO we should steam-roll QPR at Loftus Road but as we all know this could be a tight affair. We come into the game on a good run of form picking up points against Manchester City and Chelsea whilst also progressing into the FA Cup Quarter Final with a convincing win against Blackpool. I see no reason why we shoulden't win this game tonight if we keep our game up and if we go at Rangers with the passion and determination that we have done with Chelsea and City we will play them off the park.

Jelavic is back for us (according to the OS) although I'd expect Stracq to start ahead of him due to his past performances.

I predict a win and being the optemist I am I'll say its going to end 4-0 to us.

Saw Jelavic vs sweden on wednesday, he didnt look good at all in that game. Although sweden made all croats look bad. Even modric looked like a school boy compared to ibrahimovic. (and before you mention it, yes Ibra is a striker but he played as an attacking cm against Croatia)

Jelly did look very pale tho.

1-0 to everton. Felli to score

Doesn't normally happen....and they'll be at the ground by 2.00 surely?

You know what footballers are like, he's probably been texting the missus on the mobile whilst walking to the changing rooms and signed into Twitter to give the fans something to talk about. IMO it shows that the lads are focused on the task ahead as it's not going to be an easy game!

The squad you've posted is strong however as it's really attacking-based which is good to see. With that kind of squad I expect us to get maximum points for today, good to see that Stracq starts about Jelly too (who no doubt will get the last 20-30 minutes).