IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home)

Zoo

Congratulions on good performance, the better team won on the day, Felaini had better hair than Assou Ekotto and on the day that was what made the difference, oh and the fact we could not break down your well organised defence, although Heitinga is right dirty fucker kicking lumps out of anyone in front of him,

on the whole I have no complaints Obviously I am Gutted, but at least my prediction was correct

Lets not forget the constant diving and moaning from Bale, Defoe, Adebayor and Parker eh?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant first half the way we hussled them was class. Just wondering about the second half, yes they stepped up they're play, but does anyone think that the way we played on the first half knackered us for the the second half especially the last 20, some players looked shagged

Brilliant first half the way we hussled them was class. Just wondering about the second half, yes they stepped up they're play, but does anyone think that the way we played on the first half knackered us for the the second half especially the last 20, some players looked shagged

Even so, players at that level need to be able to play to a system for longer that 45mins, if everyone was knackered after the first half then we have serious fitness issues

I was pretty miffed with this article, I don't know if it's just me getting the wrong end of the stick but I don't think that Moyes giving us a good performance yesterday was his way of putting himself in the shop window.

The Scot led the Toffees to a 1-0 victory at Goodison Park on Saturday to prove why he could be the man for Spurs should they lose their manager to the England job

(http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/03/11/2959492/happy-anniversary-moyes-leads-everton-to-another-top-four)

I thought we had good moments in the first half but I got the impression is more because Spurs let us play than our own brilliance. They gave us plenty of time and space and their defending for our goal was woeful, even if it was a class run from Osman and quality finish from Jelavic. Dont mean to be a kill joy, but when Spurs stepped up, raised the tempo & closed down more, they were by far the better team, but I suppose we had done what was needed in the first half. The way the game panned out suited us perfectly & hopefully the Liverpool game will pan out the same way.

Osman & Heitinga were the best players on the pitch and Felli, Coleman & Drenthe all had solid games.

Neville & Cahill were the biggest disappointments for me.

I thought we had good moments in the first half but I got the impression is more because Spurs let us play than our own brilliance. They gave us plenty of time and space and their defending for our goal was woeful, even if it was a class run from Osman and quality finish from Jelavic. Dont mean to be a kill joy, but when Spurs stepped up, raised the tempo & closed down more, they were by far the better team, but I suppose we had done what was needed in the first half. The way the game panned out suited us perfectly & hopefully the Liverpool game will pan out the same way.

Osman & Heitinga were the best players on the pitch and Felli, Coleman & Drenthe all had solid games.

Neville & Cahill were the biggest disappointments for me.

can anyone name a game this season where this hasnt been the case? Im really struggling to think of one...

I was pretty miffed with this article, I don't know if it's just me getting the wrong end of the stick but I don't think that Moyes giving us a good performance yesterday was his way of putting himself in the shop window.

(http://www.goal.com/...nother-top-four)

Yeah but if the job comes up he is going to take it, you do realise that, he would look incredibly unambitious career-wise if he did'nt.

yes i am aware of this, so thats 5 years of no money and possible administration, a crumbling ground and many more player sales...

He's obviously happy with what he has or he wouldn't have stuck around this long, and wouldn't be talking of sticking around longer. Moyes has many flaws but lying isn't one of them, and if he's saying Everton is where he wants to be then I don't see him going if Spurs come calling.

He's obviously happy with what he has or he wouldn't have stuck around this long, and wouldn't be talking of sticking around longer. Moyes has many flaws but lying isn't one of them, and if he's saying Everton is where he wants to be then I don't see him going if Spurs come calling.

I would be happy with that on £3m a year would'nt you? and let's face it we know he is waiting for the Man U job to come up anyway.

No big team has come calling for him yet, that is why he's stayed, if ferguson had retired two years ago and they'd approached Moyes I'm sure he would have jumped at the chance to go.

I don't think Moyes will be going anywhere soon. He has said in many interviews that Everton have been good to him and the fans have made Goodison Park a home, he sees no reason to leave because he loves the club so much and like Romey said above Moyes dosen't lie to the fans in interviews.

Should the job at Spurs come up I can't see him taking it (along with the job down at Chelsea). Until Moyes wins a trophy with Everton and turns us into a solid European job his quest with Everton is not complete - there is still work to do.

I don't think Moyes will be going anywhere soon. He has said in many interviews that Everton have been good to him and the fans have made Goodison Park a home, he sees no reason to leave because he loves the club so much and like Romey said above Moyes dosen't lie to the fans in interviews.

Should the job at Spurs come up I can't see him taking it (along with the job down at Chelsea). Until Moyes wins a trophy with Everton and turns us into a solid European job his quest with Everton is not complete - there is still work to do.

and until then he hasnt proven to be a successful manager in the terms richer clubs would want.

Sadly that's one of the more balanced threads I've read on a Liverpool fans forum.

Feels really sweet to beat the Spuds. Can't stand Harry Redknapp, but what I can't stand even more is the media wank fest over their club this year, especially Gareth Bale and his "incredible physique". We outplayed them all through the first half and all they could talk about at half time was how Bale should be playing on the left side of midfield. Truly pathetic.

Anyway, I could write pages about that, but let's focus on a solid performance. We were great in the first half, and we did the job in the second. A lot of teams commit too many men forward against Tottenham and credit has to go to Moyes for making sure we didn't get carried away. Individually, everybody on the pitch put in an excellent shift. Neville was Neville, but aside from that we didn't look like a team missing one of their best players in Pienaar. I thought Coleman and Drenthe played well, Baines had one of his best games this season and Osman showed some real class in the first half too. Great finish for Jelavic, happy for him, and he showed signs he could be a great acquisition too.

COYB

true didnt complete a pass and shit himself everytime it come near him, apart from that great result hate tottenham.

No big team has come calling for him yet, that is why he's stayed, if ferguson had retired two years ago and they'd approached Moyes I'm sure he would have jumped at the chance to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs have asked to speak to Moyes but have been told where to go tbh. Man Uited is a completely different story to Spurs, of course he'd go if they come after him. But, at the minute he's being linked with Spurs and his comment about sitting down with Bill and planning for the next 5 years here was made in the past couple of days, i.e. at the same time that he's being linked with Spurs. So he's basically saying "I'm not going to Spurs".

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs have asked to speak to Moyes but have been told where to go tbh. Man Uited is a completely different story to Spurs, of course he'd go if they come after him. But, at the minute he's being linked with Spurs and his comment about sitting down with Bill and planning for the next 5 years here was made in the past couple of days, i.e. at the same time that he's being linked with Spurs. So he's basically saying "I'm not going to Spurs".

The only downside to that though is, do you want another 5 years of the dross that has been served up so far this season?

The only downside to that though is, do you want another 5 years of the dross that has been served up so far this season?

Yes.

The dross this season has been turned around at the moment with the wins against Manchester City, Chelsea and Spurs. We are doing well in the FA Cup and I fully believe that we are heading in the right direction. This season may not have been one for the record books but it could be been a lot worse with a shit manager (i.e. - would you rather have had Bruce or McCarthy in charge and gone down the pan like Sunderland had and Wolves are doing?).

Moyes may not have been at his best this season but he is still a bloody good manager. He's going nowhere too, if he was on the move to Spurs he would have kept his mouth shut, because he has come out and said he is going to plan for the future with BK he is pretty much saying that he is going to be in charge of Everton for some time.

In Moyes we trust.

The trouble we have is, you see a first half like yesterday, or the games against city and Chelsea and it gives us hope. I would love to see us playing amazing footie week in week out, but that ain't gonna happen realistically. The biggest problem we have is, how can we beat man city and then draw against QPR? But saying that at least we aren't losing any matches at the moment. I suppose at everton it's all about self preservation. Staying in the prem at all costs must be Moyes's first goal! Now we have seen them play well against the top sides, and do complain when we play for a draw against lower sides, but are they not trying to do to us what we are are doing to Chelsea, spurs, city etc?

Yes.

The dross this season has been turned around at the moment with the wins against Manchester City, Chelsea and Spurs. We are doing well in the FA Cup and I fully believe that we are heading in the right direction. This season may not have been one for the record books but it could be been a lot worse with a shit manager (i.e. - would you rather have had Bruce or McCarthy in charge and gone down the pan like Sunderland had and Wolves are doing?).

Moyes may not have been at his best this season but he is still a bloody good manager. He's going nowhere too, if he was on the move to Spurs he would have kept his mouth shut, because he has come out and said he is going to plan for the future with BK he is pretty much saying that he is going to be in charge of Everton for some time.

In Moyes we trust.

We HAVE to try and aim to be more attack minded though, 3 wins do not change a season, if we continue on a run like this then yes, but we have seen some shocking games this year and some shocking team selections/substitutions, i have no issues with Moyes being manager, but he needs to open his eye's a bit, because in 10 years he has'nt really adapted that much.

I dont think the 'big teams' would go for Moyes, purely because he isnt attacking enough. You dont win trophies by playing 2 defensive midfielders and sitting back all the time and playing people out of position. He is good at what he does, but its no surprise to see us lose points in the games where we have to force the pace and impose ourselves. If he went to Utd he would be expected to do that week in week out.

Its no surprise that our best performances come against the better teams because the pressure is off, we can let the other team play and then break. When other teams do that to us, we look lost & IMO if Moyes really wants a top job then he has to start setting up a team to win these games and exploit their weaknesses.

Would I want Moyes in charge for another five years ? - I'll be quick and state No. No I really wouldn't

Yes we have done well the last few weeks, every now and again we get a result against some very good opposition, every now and again we get a very good team effort, every now and again we look back on a day to be proud of etc

But - look at it from the bigger picture

Which is, for all those few outstanding results and team performances there has been, in equal measure,- more so in acutal fact, pretty shit performances, terrible games, poor results, Moyes did himself no favors, let everyone down, the team was a shambles, and all those frustrating days when we couldn't beat a Wigan or Norwich at Goodison Park etc. There's been some pretty dire moments the last 10 years

I think all said, for anyone who thinks Moyes is the golden child of Everton FC, is simply not the case.. Yes he's done very well, but it hasn't been all one way traffic. The man has at times been frustratingly dour and inept as manager of EFC and had me smashing vases about

I like him as an individual, but another 5 years of Moyes, I say no thank you. Bottom line is 10 years now without one trophy whatsoever, some can't look beyond that, but I've weighed it all up and feel decided that another half decade of Moyes is simply not the way forward. Apologies

I don't see any problem with keeping Moyes as manager. Let's be honest, without serious investment, Moyes guarantees us a maximum of nicking a Europe League spot and the odd cup run, and his minimum is going to be to steer well clear of relegation each year. I don't think any other manager could guarantee us that year on year. Can anyone else?

His footballing style might be questionable at times, as are some of his team selections and substitutions, but at the end of the day, can you honestly look at any of the teams above us in the league and say "We have a better squad than them, we should be finishing above them"? Not really. Newcastle maybe, but they've still got quality players in their squad - Ba, Tiote, Simpson, Krul, Cabaye and others would all at least challenge for places in our line up.

We won't know if Moyes is the manager to take us forward until we have some sort of budget to speak of. With our current level of spending, no manager in the world is going to take us much further forward than we are now, so at the moment its a moot point. In my opinion, the time to consider his position, is IF we get investment and a transfer budget and he then fails to move us on from where we are now.