IGNORED

Fellaini better than Gerrard?

perfect example of what? you said moyes doesn't like lightweight players..yet he plays osman all the time..i said i hope baxter is a late bloomer but bein lightweight has nothing to do with that

Osman needed time so he could fully develop, and experience so he could handle playing against fully grown opposition. The fact Baxter is doing so much work in the gym bulking up indicates its one of the reasons he's not in the first team.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes put on some serious bulk!

I always think he looks like a fat stoner - sure he's not (on both allegations!)

I get the feeling that he's popular around the club even with the more senior players - is that due to ability or him being one of 'the boys'?!

I always think he looks like a fat stoner - sure he's not (on both allegations!)

I get the feeling that he's popular around the club even with the more senior players - is that due to ability or him being one of 'the boys'?!

id say ability. He, Barkley and Tolis have looked to have a good understanding in the reserves from what ive seen.

Few pics of him on twitter at the races with Cahill, also one with Felli and Fellainis dad. He seems to be around the first team alot more then the other reserves, but its hard to call which way as he's been with the club longer than most the first team, he might just be part of the brick work for now.

lol think that applies to a few people in here as well

very difficult when you have a chairman who has been proven time and time again to be a complete fraud, and despite claiming to be the biggest evertonian in the world, thinks nothing of telling the fans a string of porkys all the time, and then a manager who has shown his preference is too defend first and score second and nick one-nil wins in games, just look at how the atmosphere changed towards the end of the season when we played a bit. Edited by theprisoner

I disagree, the fans need something to get excited about, Rodwell is not going to do that, neither are Moyes tactics, Ross needs games, he is being recognised at U21 level so it just looks plain odd to be ignored at club level in that situation, he will be gone before we get a chance to see him, lets try and be a bit more positive next season, he is an attack minded player after all.

The worst thing you can do to a young player is build him up. He already has a massive hype around him from just a few games, what happens if he starts playing more regular and doesnt hit the level we want to see him at? What happens to his confidence then? Does he still make it as a top player after the disappoointment and the fans losing faith like some have with Jack?

Kid gloves is the word, and it is needed with Ross. There is no rush.

The worst thing you can do to a young player is build him up. He already has a massive hype around him from just a few games, what happens if he starts playing more regular and doesnt hit the level we want to see him at? What happens to his confidence then? Does he still make it as a top player after the disappoointment and the fans losing faith like some have with Jack?

You can rebuild confidence, any game time will be a good experience for him as he's already had a year of watching and studying due to injury, its time we let him put it into practice.

You can rebuild confidence, any game time will be a good experience for him as he's already had a year of watching and studying due to injury, its time we let him put it into practice.

All depends on the person, we know nothing of his mental ability. And surely as he missed a year with his injury, thats a year of football at a lower level he has missed that needs to be made up.

I think he will turn out to be a great player, but we dont need to rush the kid. we have some decent midfielders at the moment, let him work his way in and then play himself into a place week in week out, not just throw him in to get bums on seats.

But IF he offers more than what we have then he needs to be involved, why play players out of postion because you are scared to play a youngster incase his confidence gets knocked, hows the kid ever going to get any experience, a few games in the Carling Cup is not the answer

All depends on the person, we know nothing of his mental ability. And surely as he missed a year with his injury, thats a year of football at a lower level he has missed that needs to be made up.

I think he will turn out to be a great player, but we dont need to rush the kid. we have some decent midfielders at the moment, let him work his way in and then play himself into a place week in week out, not just throw him in to get bums on seats.

Someone else should have been given a go when Cahills form was off. Be it a youngster or a pro.

Someone else should have been given a go when Cahills form was off. Be it a youngster or a pro.

This is my point, whether you want him in the team or not, there is no way next season that Cahill should be ahead of Ross, or another striker if we do bring one in, Tim is a backup player now imo. Edited by theprisoner

This is my point, whether you want him in the team or not, there is no way next season that Cahill should be ahead of Ross, or another striker if we do bring one in, Tim is a backup player now imo.

He'd be so much more effective from the bench as well, puzzles me why he weren't utilised last season rather than flogging the life out of him.

very difficult when you have a chairman who has been proven time and time again to be a complete fraud, and despite claiming to be the biggest evertonian in the world, thinks nothing of telling the fans a string of porkys all the time, and then a manager who has shown his preference is too defend first and score second and nick one-nil wins in games, just look at how the atmosphere changed towards the end of the season when we played a bit.

Spoken like a true Buffoon ( as in Buffoon Union! )

And just exactly who was it who got them playing a bit?

Spoken like a true Buffoon ( as in Buffoon Union! )

And just exactly who was it who got them playing a bit?

Hardly, they have kicked me off there fb page twice, think they are a bunch of tossers tbh, a combination of things got us playing like that, Moyes decided to open his eyes for once, we brought Pienaar in, and finally we got a striker who knows where the net is

It's now down to Moyes to see if we can continue the momentum at the start of next season instead of our usual slow dross till xmas time

Hardly, they have kicked me off there fb page twice, think they are a bunch of tossers tbh, a combination of things got us playing like that, Moyes decided to open his eyes for once, we brought Pienaar in, and finally we got a striker who knows where the net is

It's now down to Moyes to see if we can continue the momentum at the start of next season instead of our usual slow dross till xmas time

Moyes didn't open his eyes... HE WAS ABLE TO STRENGTHEN KEY POSITIONS!!!! Give Moyes money without handicapping him and he will improve us!

Give him money this summer and keep the key players there, then we will have a strong start!

Moyes didn't open his eyes... HE WAS ABLE TO STRENGTHEN KEY POSITIONS!!!! Give Moyes money without handicapping him and he will improve us!

Give him money this summer and keep the key players there, then we will have a strong start!

We need a strong start, we have to be looking to get back into europe again next season, as for money thats down to BK, and has Moyes got the balls to stand up to him and say "come on Bill, look what happened in January, a bit more and we can really do something next season" i really hope so, because with the right signings i do think we can have a good season, if we can keep damage limitation in terms of Baines/Fellaini preferably neither, then the future is promising.

We need a strong start, we have to be looking to get back into europe again next season, as for money thats down to BK, and has Moyes got the balls to stand up to him and say "come on Bill, look what happened in January, a bit more and we can really do something next season" i really hope so, because with the right signings i do think we can have a good season, if we can keep damage limitation in terms of Baines/Fellaini preferably neither, then the future is promising.

I'd imagine he does this and has done in the past already. If we've got no money, we've got no money... what we don't want is Bill saying yes and putting the club in real danger. Which brings us onto the topic of needing new investment/ownership, which once again everyone agrees we need but we/the clubs owners haven't found the right one so far. So in the meantime we sell high or move on surplus players and buy sensibly - that I can accept and I understand why we are doing this. Hopefully Yobo will go for however much which will allow us to buy Pienaar. Maybe there will be a couple of loans who will improve us, maybe we can pick up a free transfer of 2 (there's enough about), maybe there is some extra money about due to reducing the wage bill last season and finishing strong when maybe a 10th place finish had been planned for financially. Who knows, we on here can only speculate.

balls to do what? moyes has said he needs more money...no amount of balls is gonna will money out of thin air

Do you seriously think Moyes has ever put any kind of pressure on Kenwright over transfer funds/wages, i mean ffs, it's like SteveO said a few weeks back, they are perfect for each other, Bils under no pressure from Moyes, and Moyes is under no pressure from Bill.

Also if that is the case then he and his board should be sweating blood trying to sort it out, and there is just no evidence to suggest that, this is maybe where the club are going wrong with their "we wont talk to any fucker policy" they seem to have at times

Edited by theprisoner

I'd imagine he does this and has done in the past already. If we've got no money, we've got no money... what we don't want is Bill saying yes and putting the club in real danger. Which brings us onto the topic of needing new investment/ownership, which once again everyone agrees we need but we/the clubs owners haven't found the right one so far. So in the meantime we sell high or move on surplus players and buy sensibly - that I can accept and I understand why we are doing this. Hopefully Yobo will go for however much which will allow us to buy Pienaar. Maybe there will be a couple of loans who will improve us, maybe we can pick up a free transfer of 2 (there's enough about), maybe there is some extra money about due to reducing the wage bill last season and finishing strong when maybe a 10th place finish had been planned for financially. Who knows, we on here can only speculate.

this.

This maybe the reality of the situation, but it's settling for second best imo, and goes against the club motto and everything it stands for, and it's been allowed to go on for too long now and i include the PJ era in that, which BK was part of, it just frightens me how many blues are happy to settle for it, i find it very sad

Moyes has pressured the board before to make sure all the Lescott money went towards transfers. He knows financially we cant do that every window and that the debt is holding us back, so wont be pressuring the board as much when we have the banks at the door.

Moyes has pressured the board before to make sure all the Lescott money went towards transfers. He knows financially we cant do that every window and that the debt is holding us back, so wont be pressuring the board as much when we have the banks at the door.

What once in ten years, and remind me where that has got us again?

like i said it comes down to settling for second best, which to me is what Everton has become because of the chaos off pitch, and it goes against what the club is all about, its sad thats all.

it got us a few good players that had us challenging for europe every year...

and it's not settling for second best when nothing can be done..like i've said many times would you want us to be sold to just anyone? venky's spring to mind..

that's all i'm gonna say on it though cos not turning this into another bk merry-go-round cos it's fuckin borin now