IGNORED

Fabrice Muamba

Guest blueboy122

Amazing, absolutely amazing!

One of the saddest things is these guys work these miracles everyday, and they often dont get the recognition they deserve.

Fully agree and these Doctors dont get payed anywhere near that they should do. When football players like Suarez, Terry, King, Bramble are earning millions and they are a disgrace to society. Whilst these Doctors are like angels with the work that they complete every day.

Guest blueboy122

Another fact about Muamba that came out tonight was that he was actually dead for 78 minutes?

Frightening, bringing the player back from the dead. Litrally.

Unbelievable work by the whole medical team.

Another fact about Muamba that came out tonight was that he was actually dead for 78 minutes?

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/03/22/ex-birmingham-city-star-fabrice-muamba-was-dead-for-more-than-an-hour-97319-30596908/

^ Fabrice Muamba was effectivly dead for 78 minutes after his collapse against Spurs.

Amazing that he is still with us (Arsenal fans were chanting his name last night at Goodison which was nice to hear, didn't notice us do anything).

"He has done some short periods of walking down the corridor he is in as part of the unit, staying in intensive care," added Coyle.

Simply amazing. Well done to the docs that have got him to the way he is now.

How long ago was the incident now, 3 weeks ago?

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly thought that the worst was going to happen. It's great to see Muamba smiling and getting better from his injury and its amazing to think that he might be playing football again in the future (I head Owen Coyle saying that he might be put back into training in 6 months).

Top stuff - credit to all the doctors and nurses who have helped his cause.

"Then I started to see double. It felt almost like a dream. I could see Spurs players running around in the distance and two Scott Parkers and then two Luka Modrices.

What a team that would be...

It must have been a strange feeling though, feeling no pain but feeling like he was outside his own body. Good to hear that his recovery is coming along well though, it's still an amazing story.

Guest Nikica

Great to see him doing so well. Shows that miracles do happen. After the sad news regarding Eric Abidal, Stilian Petrov, Piermario Morosini and others, it's good to see Muamba recovering. He seems like a lovely guy.

Great to see him doing so well. Shows that miracles do happen. After the sad news regarding Eric Abidal, Stilian Petrov, Piermario Morosini and others, it's good to see Muamba recovering. He seems like a lovely guy.

Wishing them all the best.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4273172/Miracle-Fabrice-Muamba-shows-off-his-football-skills-again.html

Good to see him speaking in the interview (he stills seems a little dizzy IMO) and it's even better to see him playing some light football again.

Guest Nikica

Watching it was emotional, the guy is braver than many people. What he (and others) has come through is truly admirable and inspiring.

I can sort of understand where people are coming from by saying that people use things like this as a way to show how much they care, selfishly, see Princess Diana etc, strangers crying terribly at her funeral.

However, that debate should not detract from how much Muamba should be admired for this. More so than anything anyone has ever done in terms of winning football matches.

Shanks was wrong.

Guest Nikica

I don't see how he's brave or to be admired really.

He knew fuck all about what was going on and got really lucky with the care he got....didn't get a chance to be brave. And the doctors are the ones who should be admired.

Surely you jest? I agree the doctors are to be commended to the highest degree, but do you honestly think that a person in that situation doesn't have to fight?

Surely you jest? I agree the doctors are to be commended to the highest degree, but do you honestly think that a person in that situation doesn't have to fight?

I believe that anyone in that situation would want to live....so if at any level they're conscious of what's happening they'll fight it. Why would anyone do anything different?

I've been in intensive care myself and "on the edge". Remember very little other than "what the fucks all this about then?". Doctors saved him....he had little or nothing to do with it other than being young and healthy.

Guest Nikica

I believe that anyone in that situation would want to live....so if at any level they're conscious of what's happening they'll fight it. Why would anyone do anything different?

I've been in intensive care myself and "on the edge". Remember very little other than "what the fucks all this about then?". Doctors saved him....he had little or nothing to do with it other than being young and healthy.

Don't you think there's something going on at the subconscious level though?

By the way, you deserve the same respect and admiration as Muamba. Even though you don't agree you deserve any.

Guest Nikica

Maybe....but if the bravery is subconscious can you take credit for it?

It's an interesting point. Fairly philosophical.

I do understand your POV, but my own personal belief is that I and plenty of others could never survive something like that, so credit to Muamba.

On the other hand, that may come across as callous to those who didn't survive, as if they weren't brave.That isn't my intention, but it does engender a debate as to whether it should be considered brave to survive not dying in such situations.

interesting way of looking at it mate, i find myself agreeing with you. But who knows what trials people in that situation go through and who knows how much of it the person remembers. Like Nik says, very philosophical debate there....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

interesting way of looking at it mate, i find myself agreeing with you. But who knows what trials people in that situation go through and who knows how much of it the person remembers. Like Nik says, very philosophical debate there....

Alright mate, how you been the last couple of weeks?

It's certainly an interesting debate. Like Mike says, perhaps the person knows nothing about it, or perhaps he's subconsciously pulling through. But you can argue that the subconscious is still 'knowing nothing about it' anyway.

I am generally scientific in my views, rather than supernatural of mystical, but I do believe that some people can fight these things. However, as I say, it opens up a can of worms where it can be claimed that I am saying those who don't pull through are somehow 'weaker', or have less desire to live, which is far from my intention.

• 2 weeks later...