IGNORED

Fabrice Muamba

Didn't hear anything until early this morning but still a shock and something we don't always expect from the business of week to week soccer, at least in the UK, incidents such as these do occur however, but are thankfully very few and far between

Reminds me a bit of the Marc Vivien Foe incident a few years back. I can only wish Mr Muamba a swift recovery. That bullshit statement by 'someone' years back, about 'Football being more important than life or death', can at times, seem very hollow

Get well soon Mr Muamba

I really hope the lad pulls through - tragic, I was on the touchline in a local game a few years back, I was injured and left 10 minutes into the second half to see my mrs before she left for a night shift. Returned to the pub to ask how we got on - the lad who was in goal collapsed and died shortly after I had left. It was awful, lads who didn't know him were in tears and just utter shock.

Made me realise that football is just a game, the lad had a wife and young kids, just so frustrating that he had no immediate medical attention that muamba had. Seeing his family and friends turn up for a minutes silence in the next game we played was emotional.

As for the twitter abuser - lock them up and make them do some work in broadgreen and see the impact events like these have on families...

Fabrice Muamba is "showing small signs of improvement" according to a joint statement from Barts hospital and Bolton Wanderers. The midfielder remains in intensive care after suffering a cardiac arrest during Bolton's FA Cup sixth-round tie at Tottenham on Saturday night, but the London chest hospital said that, while he is still in a critical condition, there are small reasons to be optimistic

At least things are looking up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/19/fabrice-muamba-signs-improvement

I've just been on the Bolton forums and spotted that Matt very encouraging news if true!

I was very doubtful in all honesty that He would pull through at first as the outcome is usually very bleak in such events but as reports say He's really fighting and hopefully can continue to do so and make a full recovery.

Fingers crossed for the lad and best wishes.....

I don't mind sick jokes as sometimes they can be funny. It's just that it's way too soon (and disrespectful) to be posting jokes when the young lad is still fighting for his life. The other thing that annoys me is that most of the stuff being posted arn't even supposed to be jokes, a lot of people are just posting vile insults at him for no reason at all (most of them are probably racists) and it just sickens me how horrible some people are in this world at times.

Pray for Muamba, keep going!

i have no issue with people postin sick stuff...if they want to do that that's their bag...they're idiots and not worth the worry

the fact he has survived the first 48 hours is brilliant i really didn't think he would after seein the foe and that spanish lad incidents..went down to reebok when i was back at the parents to leave a blue shirt...younger than me...frightening

Completely amazed by this....the fact that he's alive for one thing but the progress is staggering.

Harry Redknapp has said a cardiologist came out of the crowd to help as well!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309080/How-doctor-fan-saved-the-life-of-Fabrice-Muamba

Amazing story, this guy deserves all the good press that he can get because what he has done is truly amazing. It's like what people were saying when Muamba first had his heart attack; rivalries have been forgotten and the whole human race has come together. That man went to the ground as a Spurs fan but has united with the whole of Bolton (and England) because of his helpfulness which could have been difference between Fabrice living and slipping away.

It's amazing that the chap was there and had the bottle and bravery to run down and help out if you read his fact file He's possible the best man in the country in that field so the coincidence of that happening and him being there is amazing in its self.

He's a hero in my book along with the other medics, they should all be given the keys to Bolton

So is Tom Finney!!

Great gesture mate I thought the same thing He's certainly defying the odds!

well it's 10 minutes down the road...and i think it's important for bolton to know they don't feel this alone...he isn't one of ours but he's still a young lad who needs the support..also staggered by the progress...was laughin with some teammates earlier apparently

Yeah it's crazy how much progress He has made from what I have read it's a very grim outcome in nearly all of the same or similar cases....

I think the mentioned chaps can be given the credit for that as most have already said and it's crazy how somehting can have such a profound effect on so many just touches that bit of humanity we all have I suppose.

I've stuck a message on the Wanderers forum they seem to post info on his progress as if not before it goes onto the usual sites if anyone wants to keep up to date

http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23228&start=520