IGNORED

Moyes

Just watched an interview with Davey after ten years in charge. He says after this season he will sit down and chat will Bill Kenwright and see what plans we have for next four or five years. I've just got a feeling that Moyes might bow out after this season and see what offers he gets. Would anybody be gutted if he does? I have always loved Davey and been his biggest supporter but i hate to say it but i think it would be best for all concerned if he went. New broom new ideas. Might be the dissapointment of the last week or the envious eye of the football Brendan Rodgers is playin

Just watched an interview with Davey after ten years in charge. He says after this season he will sit down and chat will Bill Kenwright and see what plans we have for next four or five years. I've just got a feeling that Moyes might bow out after this season and see what offers he gets. Would anybody be gutted if he does? I have always loved Davey and been his biggest supporter but i hate to say it but i think it would be best for all concerned if he went. New broom new ideas. Might be the dissapointment of the last week or the envious eye of the football Brendan Rodgers is playin

As said before;

Because he has said that (bold) he will not leave. If he really wanted to leave them when asked about the future he would reply something like 'we will see what happens' whereas because he has given specific time-frames I believe that he will actually stay for another 5 or so seasons. He likes Everton and has said so in numerous interviews, he loves the club and until he wins a major trophy I can't see him leaving.

Having seen the Swans two or three times a year for the last 7 years the plaudits go to Huw Jenkins their chairman. He wanted good, fast attacking football when they moved to the Liberty stadium from the hole that was the Vetch, so Kenny Jacket started the trend, followed by Roberto Martinez who took it to another level by including tikki- taka football, based on his up bringing in North East Spain, one two's in a triangular formations. Paulo Sousa was next, being more compact as a unit going forward but suffered a baron spell in front of goal because his forwards were not linking up with the midfield properly. Now Brendan has taken all the good bits and none of the bad to make the team a harder working team ethos. It has taken three years to perfect their philosophy of playing, it is not something you can learn overnight. One year to adapt to a system, one year to get used to it, and one year to perfect it. Moyes has his own style, 10 years on we have arrived here. If Brendan came here we would be relegated in his first year, our players can't/won't adapt, because it takes years to perfect your system, all the way down to your U9/U10 age group, all singing off the same hymn sheet if you wan't. I just wish we had their chairman instead of ours. his motto '' Play good football and they will come, play great winning football and they will come in their legions''. If we played like them then you would be on a waiting list for a season ticket every year. Just my slant on it btw..............

Doesn't sound like Moyes actually wants to leave Everton!

It's a safe well paid job, he seems to enjoy being Everton manager and he is highly respected by fellow prem managers.

The chairman certainly wont sack him and he knows he starts most seasons with the chance of Europe and a cup run.

The only pressure he has at Everton are the self inflicted ones and the unrest of the fans.

I would think he's safe enough in the knowledge that when he leaves he can pick up another well paid exciting job, I'd say our Mr Moyes sleeps well at night.

Can't see Man Utd wanting him as number one and Celtic with Rangers in the mire offer him easy trophies, so out of those two it would be Celtic.

All other prem teams outside the top 5 or so, could really offer him no more of a challange than he gets at Everton, and the teams within the top 5 (money clubs) probably like Utd, wouldn't want him!

Moyes is here (I think) for a few more years yet.The one thing that could change that would be massive fan unrest.

Doesn't sound like Moyes actually wants to leave Everton!

It's a safe well paid job, he seems to enjoy being Everton manager and he is highly respected by fellow prem managers.

The chairman certainly wont sack him and he knows he starts most seasons with the chance of Europe and a cup run.

The only pressure he has at Everton are the self inflicted ones and the unrest of the fans.

I would think he's safe enough in the knowledge that when he leaves he can pick up another well paid exciting job, I'd say our Mr Moyes sleeps well at night.

Can't see Man Utd wanting him as number one and Celtic with Rangers in the mire offer him easy trophies, so out of those two it would be Celtic.

All other prem teams outside the top 5 or so, could really offer him no more of a challange than he gets at Everton, and the teams within the top 5 (money clubs) probably like Utd, wouldn't want him!

Moyes is here (I think) for a few more years yet.The one thing that could change that would be massive fan unrest.

I Agree, but i really do not want another 5 or 6 years of Hoofball and silly substitutions that cost us games, im fed up of it, and im fed up of only having a plan A, and i really am sick to the back teeth of 4-5-1, it really is yesterday's formation, most teams play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 these days, we are sadly lacking in these departments and im not sure if i can stomach another 5 or 6 years of it. Just my opinion of course, there seems to be plenty of fans who are more than happy with this.

Moyes was right for us in our given situation, that situation was and isn't what everton football club is about.

School of science? My arse, he is a consolidator and a very very good one at that, are we wishing to be forever in that state? No. Wholesale changes required, he will always have a job because there will always be a team out there that needs someone who can operate on a minimal budget. I would rather expose the issues that we know exist in order to get a buyer because quite frankly we are treading water when we need to swim.

Moyes was right for us in our given situation, that situation was and isn't what everton football club is about.

School of science? My arse, he is a consolidator and a very very good one at that, are we wishing to be forever in that state? No. Wholesale changes required, he will always have a job because there will always be a team out there that needs someone who can operate on a minimal budget. I would rather expose the issues that we know exist in order to get a buyer because quite frankly we are treading water when we need to swim.

Thing is haf, as you well know, many fans are more than happy to accept this, and are happy to see us do this for another 5 or more years under Moyes, that's the part i don't understand.

I don't think the situation has changed much. We were in debt when Moyes took over and we are in even more debt now.

Long term, I don't see Everton becoming successful in terms of silverware.

We have:

• a ground that needs modernising and a board relying on a substantial naming rights deal and retail park funding model.
  • an aging squad where the Cahill, Neville, Distin and Howard are coming to the end of their careers and little funds to replace them.
  • a turnover eclipsed by our local rival's commercial income alone.

I don't think the situation has changed much. We were in debt when Moyes took over and we are in even more debt now.

Long term, I don't see Everton becoming successful in terms of silverware.

We have:

• a ground that needs modernising and a board relying on a substantial naming rights deal and retail park funding model.
  • an aging squad where the Cahill, Neville, Distin and Howard are coming to the end of their careers and little funds to replace them.
  • a turnover eclipsed by our local rival's commercial income alone.

So, what would you like to see happen, in regards to Moyes?

So, what would you like to see happen, in regards to Moyes?

It's tricky tbh, whilst there is an argument to say Moyes's time maybe up, it's as though we are stuck in a rut at the moment. Even the most hardcore of Moyes supporters must admit that in 10 years you would have expected him to move on tactically/technically at least a little bit, but he seems to be incredibly stubborn, and after 10 years we still don't really have a plan B to offer in games. However whats the alternative? well due to the situation with Blue Bill and his cronies, i don't think there is one tbh, i think there are plenty of managers who can do the job, but with uncertainty and the Buffoon Union in the background, i doubt any of them would want to touch us with a barge pole at the moment. I think we are stuck with Moyes for the moment, like it or lump it. Edited by theprisoner

Something I think that seems to be forgotten is that when Moyes came to us it was from Preston, a championship team that hadn't really done anything, so what credentials did he come with? He hadn't won anything or steared them to promotion etc, and it worked for us, whose to say if we get in a more experienced manager it wouldn't take us foward again, like Moyes did?!

Edited by mogsy

Something I think that seems to be forgotten is that when Moyes came to us it was from Preston, a championship team that hadn't really done anything, so what credentials did he come with? He hadn't won anything or steared them to promotion etc, and it worked for us, whose to say if we get in a more experienced manager it wouldn't take us foward again, like Moyes did?!

He brought PNE up from the 3rd division to the 1st division playoffs in 4 years

If Moyes was to leave in the near future I for one would shed no tears

For the last time, I have nothing against the man, it's simply that Moyes has become stale now and many people have said with the Scot in charge we will not win anything, I do have to go along with that, Tuesday night was no time for a surrender and Moyes quite rightly got a backlash for his meddling and seeming to treat such an important fixture with contempt and focusing on a cup tourney a few days later, which even then was no drastic improvement or real progress made. It's been 10 years now with Moyes in charge and apart from one FA cup final, and deservedly beaten on the day, there has been little cheer in the domestic cup competitions, we all know about his league pedigree and achievements and that's all very well, but finishing in 4th or 5th place in the league, while a fine achievement, will not bring you a trophy and there is no silver to show it, The cup tournaments, after all, if we talk about Everton, is our best route of success in terms of actual trophies, I'd much rather win on that route than a top six finish, most rightly because the 17 year gap without honors is getting wider by the season and we'll all desperate to win something again, let's be honest

I can't really see that with Moyes in charge and Yes sometimes I feel I would jump at the chance to have someone else come in and give it a try and see where it takes us

Yesterday represented a very good opportunity to progress past an average side albeit with a very good manager, into the semi-finals and after the rubbish of the shite game, there was some high expectations and in the end it did not come to pass and we now find ourselves with an awkward replay, the route to glory once again just became that little bit harder. There is a real possibility now that any dream Moyes had about getting some glory for his 10th anniversary year may have gone now, but there is still everything to play for, but bottom line is sometimes I get very frustrated with Moyes and all said if he were to depart in whatever fashion, then it would hardly be Armageddon, the man is simply becoming, or has become even, stale or has even outstayed his welcome

The thing is, while I can see the argument that Moyes time is up and we could do with a change of scenery, what if we did get rid of him? Who would we replace him with that we could guarantee

A - They'd actually come to join us (Lambert? Rodgers?)

B - They would do a better job than Moyes?

Would you leave a solid Swansea or Norwich on the up and playing good football, to join Everton, with debts, minimal transfer funds, an aging squad and an old stadium? The only managers who we could really guarantee would see us as a step up are the likes of Chris Hughton, Owen Coyle, Sam Allardyce, Roberto Martinez, or unemployed managers - Neil Warnock? Mick McCarthy? Andre Villas-Boas??

Would any of these managers do a better job than Moyes? You can't guarantee it. There's an element of risk that, in my opinion, we can't afford to be taking given our financial situation and the personnel at our disposal. Yes, maybe another manager would bring a fresh approach to the side and in the short term, could get more out of them with some different tactics, but come summer, how are they going to improve the squad and start finding long term replacements for Neville, Distin, Cahill? That is the long term picture that needs to be considered, and I think that as long as we're in this situation, Moyes and his bargain buys and safe tactics, is the man for the job.

We are in mid-table, and the quarter finals of the cup, with an outside chance of making it into Europe next season, and I don't think we can expect much more than that, looking at our squad. So you can't say he's doing a bad job at the moment. Yes, he frustrates us with his negative tactics and his persistence with players like Neville, but honestly, I'd rather play shit football and finish mid table than play a fluid attacking game but get relegated. Who would you have been happier supporting last season? Stoke or Blackpool?

Edited by adziom

The thing is, while I can see the argument that Moyes time is up and we could do with a change of scenery, what if we did get rid of him? Who would we replace him with that we could guarantee

A - They'd actually come to join us (Lambert? Rodgers?)

B - They would do a better job than Moyes?

Would you leave a solid Swansea or Norwich on the up and playing good football, to join Everton, with debts, minimal transfer funds, an aging squad and an old stadium? The only managers who we could really guarantee would see us as a step up are the likes of Chris Hughton, Owen Coyle, Sam Allardyce, Roberto Martinez, or unemployed managers - Neil Warnock? Mick McCarthy? Andre Villas-Boas??

Would any of these managers do a better job than Moyes? You can't guarantee it. There's an element of risk that, in my opinion, we can't afford to be taking given our financial situation and the personnel at our disposal. Yes, maybe another manager would bring a fresh approach to the side and in the short term, could get more out of them with some different tactics, but come summer, how are they going to improve the squad and start finding long term replacements for Neville, Distin, Cahill? That is the long term picture that needs to be considered, and I think that as long as we're in this situation, Moyes and his bargain buys and safe tactics, is the man for the job.

We are in mid-table, and the quarter finals of the cup, with an outside chance of making it into Europe next season, and I don't think we can expect much more than that, looking at our squad. So you can't say he's doing a bad job at the moment. Yes, he frustrates us with his negative tactics and his persistence with players like Neville, but honestly, I'd rather play shit football and finish mid table than play a fluid attacking game but get relegated. Who would you have been happier supporting last season? Stoke or Blackpool?

Top post, agree with much of it, evolution over revolution...........................

Top post, agreed with most of it. I know what you mean, like I said i love Davey but lately he has been giving me the right hump. I know he is solid and we won't go down etc but i just want more from him. No plan b, no risk football. For me he seems to be itching to play his favourites the first chance he gets Jags, Cahill regardless of how well others have done or poor their form has been. For the last six seasons everybody has known we lack pace throughout the team and how slow we are on the counter attack, opposing managers dont need to brief their teams cos they know exactly how we play and what formation. Moyes has stated he knew this year was "transitional" and a "tough" year if thats the case experiment!! give Barkley a run of ten games, play Velios instead of fucking Saha who hadnt scored for a year. Whats the point of signing these young players and never playing them? Fuck me your telling me that Baxter or Mcaleny couldnt contribute more than Mcfadden? We go away to Villa, Wigan, Qpr etc and instead of turning up and giving them a tonking we squeak 1-1 drawers out and we are supposed to be content with that? Newcastle were supposed to be relegation candidates this year. They have sold their "stars" on big wages got affordable hungry players in and play a good brand of football and take it to teams home and away. After ten years i think Davey should have added alot more strings to his bow than he has

Perhaps he needs to go to the Euros and sit next to the Spain, Dutch, German managers and see how they affect a game, not in terms of tactical awareness just how they change things ie.... formations, substitutions, man management and style of play. Maybe he can pick up things Steve Round doesn't think about on the training pitch.

Too much if Moyes does everything himself, a No 2 should always question the gaffer no matter what, behind closed doors of course. But a good No 2 if he has any ambitions needs to push the boss because more often than not it is the 2ic that the players come to if there is a problem in the team. That means say for instance Ossie likes playing behind a ''one man up front'' philosophy instead of Tim, Distin prefers Heits etc.....etc.....

We are Everton, never ever forget that. People who know football know what we are, sadly evertonians younger than 25 have no real idea as to what a force we are when served the right brand of football.

Sleeping giant indeed, I'm one of the sleeping giants sleeping fans. Season ticket holder for years, not for out of falling out of love with the club, more the brand I am apathetic.

Something needs to give, we are not Sunderland like that idiot commentating yesterday suggested - similar stature??? I admire Sunderland as a club and it's fans, but they ain't us. We keep stagnating they soon will be.

I guess the question is "Can moyes evolve?" - my answer to that is no. We have been waiting for it to be happen but there is little sign of it.

Waiting for moyes to evolve is like waiting for Neville to develop a cultured right foot... they are too long in the tooth mentally. In his Sky interview Moyes was sounding like a Jock Stein or Alex Ferguson who could write the managerial hand book, sadly he is no where near them. He is just too negative and cautious and any team he manages will have that blueprint. As i've said, he will always have a job in football, but I don't think it is for a top 4 aspiring club... do we want to have top 4 aspirations?