IGNORED

What A Scary Thought This Could Be

Benitez won the European Cup, no fuck that, Milan lost it, with the majority of the squad Houllier had assembled by that year, and besides from that, what else was there, another penalty shoot out success against the Bayern Munich esque West Ham United in the following seasons FA cup Final, when they were six seconds away from actually losing on the afternoon in question. Apart from those drawn victories I really can't remember much else in the way of shite honors while the Spaniard was in charge.

Bottom line is, the chances of Benitez becoming Everton manager, today, tomorrow or any time in the future are so remote I have trouble even saying it. And look at the damn link that gave us this rumor anyway, the excellent Talksport, Fuck me, that about tells me everything we need to know about this.

Watch out on Monday when we get another rumor about the possibility of a Messi and Ronaldo strike force in time for next season or we can expect Rod Hull and Emu to take over from Moyes before Halloween.

Chicken litter. dry.png

Even Liverpool fans were calling for his head in the last few seasons he was in charge I vividly recall. He did OK first off, but was soon found out, above all else he was a Cup manager, something that the shite are dependant on now as there's little sense making a league effort.

They complained about him eventually, then they brought in Hodgson, complained about that eventually, and then they brought in Dalglish and they complained about him in the end.

If they had Roger Hunt or big nose or Fowler in charge and they struggled or were incapable of mounting a league challenge, the shite supporters would invariably find some scope for complaint or disagreement.

Maybe he's not a bad manager so to speak, but I'm not buying into the fact he's a good one either. This rumor or whatever it is will never see the light of day I'm sure of that.

Guest blueboy122

won the fa cup and the super cup as well...got a shite side to the final of the champions league and won it...or milan lost it whatever you wanna say...i don't see why people think he is such a bad manager

could have had 2 champions leagues if he wasnt such a poor manager. How Liverpool didnt beat Milan second time round is total shambles. Liverpool should have walked all over them that night. I remember when bentiz took off pennant and put crouch on... Haha a winger off and a 7ft striker on.... He also started that final with no strikers

Guest blueboy122

Yes that is an acheievment however they should have easily won that game however they didnt and Benetiz will forever take the blame of not handinmg them another CL cup. Not winning that game doesnt compensate for getting them there, with a few good wins.

He rated Barry over Alonso and he destroyed the Liverpool squad with expensive foreign kids(not a single one has made it into their team either). His football tactics are so boring and defence minded it was unbelievable he lasted so long, they were top of the long balls stats. If Liverpool fans cared about football and not just trophies he would have been out much earlier, time he bought by winning with Houllier's team

I admire what Fergie has built up as in an empire. Could have all been so different if he went to the Arse like he was supposed to! Yes I know, Fergie to Arsenal, but that was deffo on in 86, something about waiting 6 months but Fergie wanted to come south straight away, hence Utd sacking Ron and in comes Fergie!shaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.pngshaking fist.png

i asked why do people think hes a bad manager you said cos hes a twat...must have a better reason if not then shush boy tongue.png

its a perfectly good reason! That and his comments about us, never want to see him again, he just winds me up....

but ok, how about his crazy spending on mostly crap players? Or his miserable tactics (boring the opposition into a coma doesnt count as a tactic in my eyes)?

Liverpool won some silverware because of Gerrard, Alonso and Reina despite him being in charge.

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

Remember when benetiz dragged torres off against someone shite they couldnt break down.....gerrard's reaction..... priceless

I'll always insist that Benitez wasn't the great manager that some really believe. He did do well here and there, but eventually the inevitable occured where despite a near miss or two, the League Title was simply never going to happen, and in between, a few poor seasons ensued. All the man had to show in like six or seven years in charge was two honors which incidentally occured when his team conceded three goals on the days in question and struggled through in the end by way of penalty kicks. The man did remind me at times of a Spanish Moyes actually, making some inept and questionable decisions often enough. And someone questioned it, but I remember Milan fully deserved their win in 2007, lessons had been learned from before and they were mentally stronger this time around and managed to bury a few ghosts that night too. I remember where I was vividly when the final whistle went, it was a spontaneous moment of joy and really enjoyed that night.