IGNORED

Norwich (away)

Finn balor

Thought this was the last game before the semi. Is it right we play sunderland in between or not? If we have to play Sunderland after Norwich i think Davey will play a stronger team than if we didnt. Im going with we play Sundeland at home after Norwich so i think a strong team will play. I'm going for a 0-1 victory Jellyfish with the winner

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just as well City are safe this season as they've got some really testing fixtures between now and end of the campaign, could well be one of the hardest run ins of all the EPL teams left this season.

Not my favorite opposition by any means, but hats off to them they have done excellent this season and have a first class manager in Paul Lambert. 99 per cent of people had them down as automatic relegation candidates in the summer but haven't they done well.

I don't think we won't get much change out of a trip over there but have had some fine encounters in past years.

City 2 Toffees 1

They've had a good season but they seem to have gone off the boil a bit lately. It's a winnable game, no doubt, but hard to call.

Beating West Brom was the first game in ages where we've turned up and beaten a team where we were clear favourites.

However, they were poor and Norwich will be a different proposition. Win and we prove to ourselves we can win when we're favourites and when we aren't. Lose and I can see us struggling to go into games as favourites with a huge amount of confidence.

And yes, I'd call us favourites for this one.

As with any game it's a must win and We need to keep the pressure up on the shite! I would be suprised if they don't get a result against Villa at home even given their poor run of form.

I think We will have to much for Norwich who although have done well this term have a pretty poor team and struggle to play if you stop them lumping it up the top...Mo and Gibson will be key.

1 - 3 Jelavic x2 and Gibson with a thunderbolt

I think moyes will mix the team up a bit for this one. Not sure what the card count is on some individuals but I'm sure he won't want to risk anyone getting a suspension for the derby. As much as I'd love to finish above the red shite (the only realistic thing we can achieve this season) the league has obviously got to play second fiddle to the cup now. So I'd be happy to see big players left out for this and the Sunderland game at the risk of losing points, in exchange for a better chance in the cup.

I'd take a draw now, 1-1, but a defeat wouldn't bother me too much as they are a decent side.

Not sure what the card count is on some individuals but I'm sure he won't want to risk anyone getting a suspension for the derby.

Felli's the only risk I think....on eight yellows; so I'm sure he'll play.

If he gets another he won't play v Sunderland for sure (unless Moyes loses his mind).

I wouldn't take a draw and a defeat would bother me a lot...bit bored with 2-0s but I'd take anothersmile.png .

My team, Howard, Hibbo, Jags,Jonny,Baines, Drenthe, Felli,Gibbo,Peanuts, Ossie, Jelly.

Team to play Sunderland: Hanhemen, Hibbo, Jags,Duffy,Neville,Peanuts, Maggie, Barkley,Cahill,Vic,Strach.

My team, Howard, Hibbo, Jags,Jonny,Baines, Drenthe, Felli,Gibbo,Peanuts, Ossie, Jelly. Team to play Sunderland: Hanhemen, Hibbo, Jags,Duffy,Neville,Peanuts, Maggie, Barkley,Cahill,Vic,Strach.

You need to have Gibbo in that team, we can't lose with him :)

Edited by the_everton_way

According to the Daily Paper Round Up on the OS, Drenthe is back in training and in contention for game time over Easter weekend.

Royston Drenthe, who has missed Everton’s last three games after being given compassionate leave, returned to training this week and could come back into first-team contention over Easter.
Edited by adziom

My team, Howard, Hibbo, Jags,Jonny,Baines, Drenthe, Felli,Gibbo,Peanuts, Ossie, Jelly.

Team to play Sunderland: Hanhemen, Hibbo, Jags,Duffy,Neville,Peanuts, Maggie, Barkley,Cahill,Vic,Strach.

Why drop Tim Howard?

Also I don't think we need that much of a change between the teams from game to game, for me it would be really stupid of Moyes to swap the entire XI and replace them with another just because we have a semi final coming up. The league is just as important and if the players are capable of playing in the Sunderland game then they should.

Felli's the only risk I think....on eight yellows; so I'm sure he'll play.

If he gets another he won't play v Sunderland for sure (unless Moyes loses his mind).

I wouldn't take a draw and a defeat would bother me a lot...bit bored with 2-0s but I'd take anothersmile.png .

Ha yeah boring boring everton hey! I'll re-phrase that to- a defeat wouldn't really bother me too much with a weakened team. Full strength I still think we'll draw.

It's never good to see us lose but let's be honest besides the goal of finishing above the shite the league is pretty much over for us...either higher or lower mid-table is still mid table.

...let's be honest besides the goal of finishing above the shite the league is pretty much over for us...either higher or lower mid-table is still mid table.

But each place is worth an extra £500,000 prize money.

£3m difference between 7th and 13th....not to be sneezed at.

I dont have problems with us making some changes but only in certain positions for players that have some form. For example I would definitely have Drenthe & Gueye coming in on the wings as they have done well overall (in some peoples eyes anyway!) and rotating them with Osman as well would be fine. Maybe resting Cahill for someone like Straq would be fine or maybe bringing Osman inside, but I dont want to be seeing players moved all over the place (Neville, Heits in midfield, Vic on a wing etc). The balance of the team is good, so please lets just have like for like rotation where necessary and please no more Mcfadden anywhere near the 1st team!

But each place is worth an extra £500,000 prize money.

Yahoo said that it's £9,000,000 for winning the Premier League. Can anyone clarify this? Because I thought that it would be a lot more than that...

Also on topic I think that we will beat these on Saturday. They have had a good season by Norwich standards but they're still not good enough to beat us when we are on form. I believe that Moyes will play a full strength squad and like the Swansea game we will come away with a nice little 3 points and move closer to Newcastle United.

Yahoo said that it's £9,000,000 for winning the Premier League. Can anyone clarify this?

It was £15.1m last season....£756,000 per place (so quite a lot more than the £500,000 I quoted).

TV money adds shitloads more though....

ManU totalled £60.4m and we got £49.6m.

Re Felli's 8 yellows, I read somewhere that on April 8 (Sunday night), the ten card limit no longer applies and the new limit becomes 15 for the remainder of the season.

Does anyone know anything about this?

That's a good spot (FTCM= First team competitive matches)....

(iv) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the

Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be

suspended automatically for a period covering:-

Two First Team matches

(v) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the

Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -

“Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct"

(vi) If a Player accumulates 15 cautions in FTCM between the opening date of

the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended

automatically for a period covering: -

Three First Team matches

http://www.thefa.com...scProc11-12.pdf

So in fact if he gets booked on Saturday it doesn't matter because it'll be reset the following dayyay.gif .

Lawro's Prediction for Norwich City v Everton

This should be a good game because Everton are in excellent shape and, although Norwich lost at Fulham, they have already shown this season how well they recover from setbacks.

The Canaries are safe, even if their manager Paul Lambert will never admit it, and he will demand a response in front of their supporters.

Toffees boss David Moyes will also be thinking about next week's FA Cup semi-final, although I think he is more likely to consider resting players in Monday's game against Sunderland than this one.

Something of a storm followed Moyes' decision to rest players in last month's Merseyside derby before a cup tie against the Black Cats, but he could end up doing the opposite this time around, and I am sure the fans won't mind.

Prediction: Norwich City 1-1 Everton

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

Re Felli's 8 yellows, I read somewhere that on April 8 (Sunday night), the ten card limit no longer applies and the new limit becomes 15 for the remainder of the season.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Great Date! Mine (and Apparently Drenthe's) Birthday! tongue.png

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Why drop Tim Howard?

Also I don't think we need that much of a change between the teams from game to game, for me it would be really stupid of Moyes to swap the entire XI and replace them with another just because we have a semi final coming up. The league is just as important and if the players are capable of playing in the Sunderland game then they should.

I dont agree, we need to "rest" players going into the derby. Its a big pitch and in all likelyhood might go to extra time. You cant play the same players in three games in a week, especially a position as important as goalie, we have a brucie bonus in Reina not playing if Howard gets injured against Sunderland that puts us in the same position as them , a back four who has no relationship or knowledge of how their keeper plays in such a big game.

Tim Howard does not use up as much energy as the rest of the team and should be able to play three games in a week. Plus we must remember that these players are athletes and should be able to cope with the week ahead (they get bloody paid enough).

I believe we should play a weakened squad against Norwich and play some of the established players to make sure that nothing goes tits up, we should then do the same against Sunderland (swapping the established players round) and then obviously against Liverpool play our best XI.

For all this game is against Liverpool we shoulden't drop everything to beat them. We are still in a bloody league competition you know.

Ten points off sixth place and games running out, a huge gap to close up with so few League fixtures left at this stage of the season. Of course it would be fine if Everton were to finish in the top six or a euro berth by way of the league but I did think just now, chances seem slim tonight.

Furthermore, given a choice between winning this years FA cup and a more impressive league finish, I'd take the silver straight away. Too many years have passed since the last trophy of recognition (1995) and we have a realistic chance of actually taking that this year, so if Moyes sees fit (again) for resting players in any League games between now and end of season in favor of cup progression you can understand the mentality of it.

I don't want to be beaten by City this weekend, would be a bit of a painful defeat, and I think they have done well this year, but if Moyes insists on dropping any key names for fear of injuries or suspensions then that's fair enough.

I keep thinking ahead to the cup games and two games away from glory and if we can get everybody fit and up for those two fixtures then we really give ourselves a chance of finally winning something again after so many years away.

6th place? Newcastle have 7 games remaining, including the last day clash at Goodison:

Swansea away

Bolton home

Stoke home

Wigan away

Chelsea away

Man City home

Everton away

Lets assume that we lose at Old Trafford, because lets be honest, we probably will, then Newcastle have to drop 10 points before they come to Goodison, with us winning every other game (Norwich away, Sunderland home, Fulham home, Stoke away, Wolves away), in order for us to be within range of them on the last day. It's a very, very tall order. We should focus on the cup and hope to finish ahead of the Shite. I honestly don't care about overachieving league finishes any more, we've had enough of those over the years with Moyes, it's time to win a trophy.

If we win the semi, we will probably be in Europe, because both Chelsea and Spurs should finish top 5 and qualify for Europe anyway.

Guest blueboy122

6th place? Newcastle have 7 games remaining, including the last day clash at Goodison:

Swansea away

Bolton home

Stoke home

Wigan away

Chelsea away

Man City home

Everton away

Lets assume that we lose at Old Trafford, because lets be honest, we probably will, then Newcastle have to drop 10 points before they come to Goodison, with us winning every other game (Norwich away, Sunderland home, Fulham home, Stoke away, Wolves away), in order for us to be within range of them on the last day. It's a very, very tall order. We should focus on the cup and hope to finish ahead of the Shite. I honestly don't care about overachieving league finishes any more, we've had enough of those over the years with Moyes, it's time to win a trophy.

If we win the semi, we will probably be in Europe, because both Chelsea and Spurs should finish top 5 and qualify for Europe anyway.

We need to win the cup to be in europe