IGNORED

Newcastle United (Home) Last Day

Dalziel Kane

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was West Ham where Hibbo scored a mad own goal, the ball was rolling towards our own goal (as Howard was beaten) and he could have put it anywhere apart from where he did. Remember it being a terrible own goal but obviously just a patch on his Everton career as he has been magnificent.

am i the only person that was pissed off when everton fans cheered hibbert scoring an own goal?

I wasn't. I found it rather funny myself and all of my stand were singing 'He scores when he wants'. We were 3-0 up at the time and totally cruising so I don't see what the problem is in having a good old laugh (just like the Newcastle fans did).

Can anyone tell me what Cahill did too? I missed it at the ground and havent been able to find out it he's headbutted/punched/kicked Cabaye or what.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I'll post for those that don't know what went on.

Just seconds after the final whistle, the Australian substitute walked over and put his left hand around Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye’s throat at Goodison Park. Two of Cabaye’s teammates rushed over and dragged an incensed Cahill away from the Frenchman. After being separated, the Australian stopped and pointed at Cabaye on a couple of occasions and gestured as if he wanted another chance to voice his displeasure from close quarters.

Edited by Zoo

If they scored again then ah well, that's the way football goes. It was the last game of the season and the whole crowd was buzzing because it was the last game, Newcastle had been in full voice even when they conceded and when Tony scored his own goal it was just a little mess around to match the light hearted atmousphere in the ground. If he would have scored to make it 3-3 then obviously we'd of been pissed off but he scored a consolation for Newcastle with little time remaining, I don't see the problem in it myself.

wasn't a nothing match for me i want my team to win and keep clean sheets..results could have gone bad and put us down to 9th

I do too but you have to have been at the ground to understand (and I don't mean that in a nasty way). The whole ground was the most laid back I've ever seen it and we were in total control over Newcastle. There was 20 minutes to go but they'd done sweet fuck all throughout the match and we really were the top team, the celebrations was just Evertonians being Evertonians and having a laugh - try and see the lighter side Marco mate :).

Why was it a nothing match?, there was an opportunity to finish in seventh place and with it above the shite again, and that doesn't happen too often, it was more than just a win yesterday. Yes there was no Euro finish for the team but we did what was asked, went out, played well for the most part, and got a result on the last day of the season, can't ask much more than that.

How much was we featured for last night on 'Bores of the Day', surely not last, for an hour and a half program I estimate we got about a good 15 minutes air time, as Manchester took center stage. All said it was a fine way to end the season, Hibbert just rounded off a satisfactory afternoon, we can't really argue with the end results.

Five minutes on a 90 minute highlights show? Damn outrage I'm thinking. dry.png

Ok, fair enough there was a very special match along the M62 yesterday, but about a third of the program would have been sufficient. We had an important game yesterday with Newcastle and for the BBC pricks to only allow a few minutes with all the time allowed is a bit questionable. I'm sure the Tyneside club feelings are reciprocated.

It's one reason I don't watch it anymore, either on last or hardly get shown at all, so stuff that -

'If there was no talking', that would be a god send actually for that show.. Whenever they do analysis I just turn off audio or change stations and see what's on satelite or something. Lineker, and even Lawrenson or Hansen, nothing against these individuals, but totally devoid of any spark or charisma, and that cameraman gets on my fucking nerves also, see more of the damn studio than the actual presenters themselves, but I'll let it lie. I'd rather concentrate on the game in question but I do take issue with that program sometimes. I was even thinking just now for if for arguments sake we had been taken over by some mega rich billionaire last summer and brought in the cream of the worlds best players and had won the league on the last day and were playing, say Norwich or Bolton for instance, even then, other games would take a priority. Someone at the corporation doesn't seem to fancy us much I would go as far to say. If Moyes' misguided belief that we are in fact 'The People's Club' then we really should be getting more coverage perhaps. Maybe 'The People' don't want to watch Everton Football Club on television, I don't know.

no i don't..that's what i'm sayin but maybe it is cos i'm grumpy..i want clean sheets and i wanted to make sure the game was won..a 2 goal lead is less than 3

You're not alone mate. Soon as it went in I was thinking thanks for that fuck up, Tony, there goes the cleansheet. And I was actually nervous that Newcastle would make a comeback.

Neither are 3-0 ones, still agitated to a very slight extent about Milan a few years back.

It's ok to look back on the game now, as we won, the scoreline will suggest it was comfortable, Ok, Hibbert scores an OG, but in hindsight we can smile on that, provided a bit of comic effect on the day in question. All said it was a job done, there seemed little chance that Newcastle would get another two scores to tie the match or even go as far for a victory, the spade work was done earlier, we were deserved winners, Yes they pulled one back, but it was one of our players who provided them with that, it was not a Newcastle goal in itself, and despite Hibbert not knowing for an instance what side he was on, well a win's a win. Pleased enough with the days endeavors.

Yes, but they got to where they were because of overall performances, every side that does well in respective leagues or has a finish of merit invariably has a handful of off games or where they don't perform or turn up etc

The end of season is judged over 38 games for all sides, and well, where you finish usually indicates where you should be. City had loads of cash to spend and the finances and resources to be championship material, some people don't like how they went about their business and I can appreciate that, but they did play some very good soccer at times the last eight months and gave good value for money and I think they were worthy champions. Newcastle aren't quite so affluent but Pardew has done well and made some good signings and they usually play well together as a unit, I think overall, they deserve their end of season place, they have done very well this year, but there could be some changes made in the summer, if they can keep hold of Cisse, Pardew etc, or even strengthen, then they could even surprise one or two people and do even better next season.

I actual thought jelly's goal was brilliant, the initial shot straight a krul was disappointing but his reactions to get up and across to the ball, and then go to kick it with one foot, change and welly it with the other was fantatastic, can't wait for next season with him, I just pray nothing happens to him at the Euro's