IGNORED

Newcastle United (Home) Last Day

Dalziel Kane

Manchester City don't even deserve the damn title on the basis of today, what a load of fucking shit - feel sorry for the supporters up there today.

Everton 3 Newcastle 0 Heitinga 65 minutes

No champions league soccer for you this season - serves you damn right

At least we're going to finish ahead of LFC this year, the players have done themselves proud today.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seventh Place is ours, we will finish above Liverpool, there's nothing they can do now

Yes it is great, but how low have our expectations fallen when it is finishing above Liverpool that is the highlight of our season. We really need to start winning things, not being 7th in the league.

That wasn't the highlight of the season for me, that would be reaching the FA cup semi-finals, the replay win over Sunderland and the build up to the actual wembley day out, it beats getting 7th place maybe, but it is good to finish above them whchever way you look at it.

Is it still 3-1 up there ?, I've turned off radios and all about 20 minutes ago, and lying down in an upstairs room with a big fan on, feeling a bit stressed out.. mellow.png

I'll be damn pleased to get away from soccer for a few months in a week or so.

Sent off after the whistle for going after Cabaye and grabbing him by the neck... Who knows, maybe Cabaye said something, but a great way to dampen a good day for us.

Look on the bright side, 2 weeks wages in the transfer fund plus the chance Barkley might start next year.

Had a quick look on Toffeeweb and headline today is 'Hibbert scores' , (I almost went into cardiac arrest),... and then in small print - an own goal

That actually did offer some genuine humor. Hibbert waits until Dinosaurs to score his first Everton goal - but at the wrong end!, happy.png

Cahill got involved in some nonsense near the end, but overall it was a very good day for Toffees, a bit bizarre maybe, but a very good day. Hibbert - bless him..

It obviously hasn't been reported or picked up by cameras, but cabaye pushed a ball boy in the 1st half and knocked him into the advertising boards hence many of our players were very aggressive towards him especially neville and cahill. Cabaye should have been sent off on the basis g.Neville was when he kicked the ball at a fan - similar to that in a way.

Can somebody help out PLEASE..

I just had a look on the Swansea City home page to verify the shite had a defeat today and it says

MANCHESTER CITY 3 QPR 2 ??????????

are you telling me they actually won the title.... I don't fucking believe it ???

Let me look at the MCFC page... WTF is going on, sorry and all getting a bit excited now

The MCFC page is down as you might expect, they've won the league championship I just read on the BBC page to confirm!

Fucking amazing... I'm lost for words etc... ohmy.png

What an incredible day of soccer action.. a day for the ages, absolutely incredible.. ohmy.png

It's an almost perfect way to end the season. Almost perfect, but not quite, I don't believe in such a thing as a perfect end to the season, with regards to other teams involvements or ones I particularly dislike, there's always something that doesn't go to plan.

Newcastle fans are having a riot in their town center someone said a few moments ago.. happy.png arrrr...

Can somebody help out PLEASE..

I just had a look on the Swansea City home page to verify the shite had a defeat today and it says

MANCHESTER CITY 3 QPR 2 ??????????

are you telling me they actually won the title.... I don't fucking believe it ???

Let me look at the MCFC page... WTF is going on, sorry and all getting a bit excited now

The MCFC page is down as you might expect, they've won the league championship I just read on the BBC page to confirm!

Fucking amazing... I'm lost for words etc... ohmy.png

What an incredible day of soccer action.. a day for the ages, absolutely incredible.. ohmy.png

What has that to do with Everton v Newcastle?

It's to do with me not liking Manchester United and wanting someone else to win the league championship. How it occured late on was too much to bear in silence, I get animated about other teams endeavors every now and again, just sides I particularly dislike having a bad day, today was no different, it was all going on simultaneously with our game today at Goodison.

Of course I'm pleased we won today, it was a very good result, a good game, fun game, bizarre game etc, but events elsewhere were a little bonus today.

It's to do with me not liking Manchester United and wanting someone else to win the league championship.

Wanting someone who clearly dosen't deserve it? Amazing, well done...

Anyways, back to Everton;

Good, solid game from us today against tough opposition, we bossed the defence and kept Ba/Cisse whilst also looking unstoppable up front. Everyone had a good game IMO and in the first 45 there was only going to be one winner, I felt that the second half had us hanging on in places due to Newcastle's persistant attacks but in the end we got the result we needed to cap off our season in style.

Shoutout to Darron Gibson too, his shots today were phenominal, could easily have had a hat-trick as all of his long-range shots came very close to beating Krul (my unsung MOTM).

rumours are that Skippy hadnt forgiven Cabaye for pushing the ballboy back to his seat in the 1st half. Cabaye apparently made an effort to found the lad afterwards and was seen giving the kid a hug. Not sure why Cahill took it upon himself though. Another rumour is that he was called a "Samoan tit", which might also explain the reaction....

Cahill and Cabaye went in for a tackle and had a few handbags and whilst Cahill was being pushed away he turned to Cabaye and pointed at him as if to say 'I'll get you back for that etc...' so I knew something was going to kick off. I didn't see the incident (did he punch/headbutt Cabaye?) but I'm guessing that he was wound up by the ballboy incident and then the mad tackle didn't help, I woulden't be surprised if he was racially abused either.

Cabaye was horrible anyway today, dirty little shit and I was glad that someone had the balls to stand up to him.

That first half was nothing short of faultless, and at times our football was breath-taking. I was actually giggling with giddiness at some of our play. And the majority of that play was down to Pienaar. He was absolutely brilliant and he ran the show for us. Always available for the ball, always working an opening for us, creating space for others, winning fouls, making key passes, and topped it all off with a goal. Even though it was a cracking team performance, that midget gem stood head and shoulders above everyone. While others didn't reach those sort of heights I didn't think any one had a bad game, they all pulled their weight. We dominated the midfield, and the defence snuffed the threat of Ba and Cisse out expertly. Ba actually spent more time on his arse than anything else, and would have had more success singing ba ba black sheep than playing football today for all the change he got out of Heitinga and Jagielka. The only thing I was disappointed with was that I didn't think we supported Jelavic enough.

Second half we did what we've grown accustomed to and started very sluggishly. That let Newcastle into the game and their confidence grew and we were lucky they didn't convert the pressure into goals. We did eventually settle but we didn't look anywhere near as good as we had in the first half. Except maybe until near the end when we started playing with them a bit. Which I enjoyed massively because I can't stand Newcastle.

Howard - He didn't have an awful lot to do (I've said that pretty much every game the past few weeks/months) but when called upon he did brilliantly.

Hibbert - I thought he had an excellent game up until his own goal. Before that he'd done excellently going forward so that we had an outlet on both sides of the pitch, and the few occasions he was needed defensively he did well too. After his silly own goal though he went to bits.

Jagielka - He started off a bit shaky; a couple of heavy passes and aimless hoofs but he settled into the game and looked a lot more assured than he has done recently. He dealt with Ba and Cisse with ease for much of the game tbh and they weren't much of a danger to us because of this. And they've been big dangermen this season so that's a big compliment to Jags.

Heitinga - Along the same lines as Jagielka. He was excellent and Ba was getting nothing out of him and took to throwing himself on the ground to try and win free-kicks, which says it all really. I'm glad he got a goal too, his celebration showed that he's got blue blood in him.

Baines - The enforced rest he's had looked to have done him the world of good. He was so much more dangerous and effective than he's been for a lot of this season, and him and Pienaar tore Santon to shreds.

Osman - I thought today was one of his better games on the wing. While not as silky as Pienaar was he was a major contributor to our good football and quick, slick passing.

Gibson - I think he was the main reason we dominated the midfield and he showed that we have missed him massively while he was gone. He didn't help us to dominate the midfield by being an enforcer (that was Neville), but he gave us a calmness in the centre of the field which allowed us a degree of control. He was always available to receive the ball and would take the time to assess the situation without panicking and then play the right ball.

Neville - He had a really good game today and complimented Gibson perfectly. His job was all about getting at Newcastle's midfielders so they couldn't get a foothold in the game and that's exactly what he did. He chased them down at every opportunity so they didn't get a chance to do what Gibson was doing for us, and more often than not they were forced into playing a difficult pass or the wrong one.

Pienaar - He was absolutely brilliant and he ran the show for us. Always available for the ball, always working an opening for us, creating space for others, winning fouls, making key passes, and topped it all off with a goal. My MOTM.

Fellaini - I'm not sure he actually did a good job of being a supporting player to Jelavic but I still thought he had a really good game. He was all over the pitch for us, and I never fail to be impressed by his ability to bring a high ball down on his chest, today was no different. And the amount of times he just stepped in and took the ball as if he owned it was just funny in the end.

Jelavic - He didn't have a bad game but I thought today was one of his poorest for us tbh. His link-up and hold up play wasn't quite to the level I've come to expect from him. That being said he scored once again for us so it doesn't matter.