IGNORED

Newcastle United (Home) Last Day

Dalziel Kane

This will be the last chance I will get to try a match day progress thing this season and always wanted a go etc, so being quick, will try and get some responses from the north east in time for the weekend about our respective clubs and see what we get. This is an important game, still in contention for seventh place, a win at home on the last day will be enough for it, but NUFC themselves are still in there for a European Cup place, it's going to be some atmosphere at Goodison this weekend. There is all to play for for both teams, but they will have an eye on the greater prize.

Early prediction - It will be a difficult game for both, Pardew has done very well, they have some very good players, as do we when the need arises, Jelavic hasn't had a strike for two games and will be eager to get back before the season is over. I think the venue will be the deciding factor.

Everton 1 Newcastle United 0

(can't post article, will try again, good job for saved work etc)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me a bit of the last day in 1995/96 when we played Aston Villa was it, and we needed to win to get a Euro place, but lost out on the day despite Parkinson I think getting the only goal that day as other results went against us. Finished 6th that season and just doing that I had some memories coming back, probably because of our league position (going into this), last day,and it was NUFC involved and they were doing very well at the time and almost won the title, I don't know.

I don't know either, who Spurs play on the last day, but if they draw or lose and NUFC win at Goodison then the North East side play Champions League soccer next autumn, they must be aware of that. Obvously that's a bigger carrot to them than us finishing in 7th place so there's going to be some nerves and all at the old lady this weekend with everything to play for. I still think it's in our favor though.

Andre Mariner will be the match official this weekend.

Former Everton 'legend' David Watson has spoken out ahead of the upcoming contest by saying he expects a tough day ahead.

I think it will be very difficult to see which way this goes, they have an eye on the greater prize and will be pumped up for this, they know three points could very well mean Champions League soccer next season, It'll be difficult for both sides on the day.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120510/watson-toffees-trip-wont-be-easy_2281670_2766617

think we'll roll over. Moyes had made it clear hes got no understanding of the rivalry and isnt going to go all out to finish above them lot across the park.

But potentially losing £1.5m+ prize money by dropping two places? He knows how tight the money is for next year....I think we'll be relaxed, Newcastle will be nervous and we'll do them. Hopefully Gosling will come on for them and get hurt humiliated in some way.

But potentially losing £1.5m+ prize money by dropping two places? He knows how tight the money is for next year....I think we'll be relaxed, Newcastle will be nervous and we'll do them. Hopefully Gosling will come on for them and get hurt humiliated in some way.

he's also said that top 10 is a good result, which makes me think thats what theyre budgeting around. Dont get me wrong, if it was me id be saying "dont care who it is normally, I just want to win. But this can be made even sweeter by getting one over on those lot, go do it for the fans", I just dont think Moyes cares about the braggin rights.

As for Goose, hope Neville goes through him. Not to hurt him, of course, but to have 40,000 people really enjoy the moment.

I was looking briefly through some NUFC pages a moment ago and there wasn't even a mention of tomorrows game, maybe it's a bit premature, more talk about Pardew and the Champions League etc

There won't even be a champions league if you don't beat us Sunday, and even that is dependant on other clubs, they have to get the win and hope others slip up on the same afternoon. Not saying it can't be done but it's a tall order, they'll be more fired up for this, but the venue should be enough for us with 39,000 behind us on the last day of fixtures, and a possible finish ahead of the shite. It should be a successful event.

What a waste of fucking time I do sometimes

Spent a lot of time on a Newcastle forum page asking many questions about tomorrows game and respective clubs, went to a lot of trouble and lo and behold it appears I've been accused of spamming or some shit and been terminated from their damn silly site page. Er, try again, I'm asking fair minded questioned and went about my business in a friendly and non belligerent approach. I guess outsiders aren't really welcome, so fuck that really. dry.png

I said Evertonian just looking for a few questions and answers and they get all ratty..

on the basis of this nonsense I hope we do give them a damn healthy beating tomorrow and their Champions League aspirations disappear up their ass.. shaking fist.png

It was a most awful web page too, so no great loss.

Some people say they don't care if we don't finish above Liverpool, well I do, it would mean an awful lot actually, first time since 2005 and it would be good for all concerned to do it again, just to rub some noses in it or we can have bragging rights of the city, at least in terms of league accomplishments

I expect them to win in South Wales tomorrow, and never one for a shite win, if we can get the result we need, then it's in our own hands to get that seventh place really. It's ours to lose in other words.

This won't be as tense as 1994 or 1998 at the Old Lady tomorrow, but there's something for everyone to play for, I do hope we can beat them, the crowd will be the twelfth man, (did I spell 12th right), I hope Moyes goes for this damn it. I fear he won't care too much if Liverpool edge us out tomorrow, the season is effectively over after all, but I want that seventh place and at their expense.

It's One o clock in the morning, what time do you sleep. mellow.png

Normally I go to bed at twelf o'clock....but I'm flexiblemellow.png . It's no easy life being a moderator you know...on call 24/7 keeping the streets safe for the good people of TT....sometimes I lie awake at night thinking about it!

Or was that Liz McLarnon in a bikiniunsure.png I forget.....age is a terrible thing.

he's also said that top 10 is a good result, which makes me think thats what theyre budgeting around. Dont get me wrong, if it was me id be saying "dont care who it is normally, I just want to win. But this can be made even sweeter by getting one over on those lot, go do it for the fans", I just dont think Moyes cares about the braggin rights.

I really dont think the Liverpool fans will care if we finish above them considering the way the derby games have panned out this year. I actually think its a little bit embarrassing and a bit 'chip on our shoulder'ish that fans see this as getting one over on them.

The important thing is to make sure we finish as high up the table as we can in order to get as much prize money as we can. Newcastle will be going for it, and while we dont necessarily do that well agains teams that pressure us, it will leave them vulnerable at the back and we have shown that we can create chances. I think it will be an entertaining game and their could be a few goals. 2-2.

I really dont think the Liverpool fans will care if we finish above them considering the way the derby games have panned out this year. I actually think its a little bit embarrassing and a bit 'chip on our shoulder'ish that fans see this as getting one over on them.

The important thing is to make sure we finish as high up the table as we can in order to get as much prize money as we can. Newcastle will be going for it, and while we dont necessarily do that well agains teams that pressure us, it will leave them vulnerable at the back and we have shown that we can create chances. I think it will be an entertaining game and their could be a few goals. 2-2.

I think it's more about shutting their fans up about finishing above us again, as kopites tend to have noisy repetitive cunt tendencies.

Toon fan in peace

What a waste of fucking time I do sometimes

Spent a lot of time on a Newcastle forum page asking many questions about tomorrows game and respective clubs, went to a lot of trouble and lo and behold it appears I've been accused of spamming or some shit and been terminated from their damn silly site page. Er, try again, I'm asking fair minded questioned and went about my business in a friendly and non belligerent approach. I guess outsiders aren't really welcome, so fuck that really. dry.png

I said Evertonian just looking for a few questions and answers and they get all ratty..

on the basis of this nonsense I hope we do give them a damn healthy beating tomorrow and their Champions League aspirations disappear up their ass.. shaking%20fist.png

It was a most awful web page too, so no great loss.

You should come over to www.toonforum.co.uk . We are a decent bunch always up for friendly debate. Even have resident Arsenal and Bolton fans!

Not looking forward to the game today, I have more faith in Arsenal/Spurs slipping up than us beating you.

It felt horrible cheering on Liverpool in the Semi-final to guarantee European football for us next year, and it will feel horrible if we cause them to finish above you. Still hope we win mind!