IGNORED

Newcastle United (Home) Last Day

Dalziel Kane

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only if it's frivolous..they obviously felt there was some ground for appeal just not enough...and my name isn't ten so no i'm not tongue.png

not sure what grounds there are for grabbing someone by the throat..... If anything Cabaye shouldve been punished further, not Tim being let off the hook....

just watched it...stupid of tim..not like him to do that at all...shouldn't take it upon himself to stick up for the ball boy

rumours that Cabaye insulted him and his heritage too, but still he overreacted in my eyes and deserves his ban.

just watched it...stupid of tim..not like him to do that at all...shouldn't take it upon himself to stick up for the ball boy

Cahill was just generally pissed off with Cabaye Marco. In just one game he;

- Pushed a ballboy.

- Offended Tim Cahills heratige

- Was a dirty little shit for the full 90 minutes

It comes as no surprise to me that TC did what he did (nor that his band was withheld).

is the insult confirmed though?

just seen the ballboy thing...bang out of order amazed he wasn't sent off for that?

if cabaye insulted his family and whatever(i've heard samoan tit and such bein banded around) then i'd have probably done the same in tim's shoes..not that that makes it right

Alan Pardew, Newcastle United manager was also named LMA manager of the year yesterday if anyone missed it.

Of course Moyes was never going to win this award being sensible, but I thought Lambert should have got the honor, taking a little club like Norwich with insignificant players and not much to spend and a mid table finish against all expectations gets a bigger round of applause for me than having more to spend, better players, bigger arena and fan base and all what they did, fifth place finish and all. I think all said, Lambert should have got the award, and Rogers too was worth an inclusion, Pardew has done well but think he's not the right choice for the LMA award. Newcastle should have been better than they were at the weekend with so much at stake and Pardew must take his share of responsiblities etc.

Link doesn't work for me.

So someone said something derogatory to Cahill was it, the guy is a model professional, he shouldn't get all agressive and fisty, he's not with Millwall anymore!, I'd turn a blind eye myself, not worth the bother, look at Zidane in the World Cup Final a few years ago, it's not worth the consequences.

Taking it out on defenseless corner flags seems acceptable, but not other players, I hope a lesson was learned.

Going to bed, too tired to continue.

"Everton

midfielder

Tim Cahill

has accepted a three-match ban after being sent off against Newcastle on Sunday but has accused opponent

Yohan Cabaye

of using language which has "no place either on or off the football pitch".

The Toffees announced earlier on Tuesday their appeal against Cahill's red card had been rejected by the Football Association.

Cahill has issued a statement, through his management company Wasserman Media Group, in which he said: "I accept my three-match ban. My reaction at the end of the game was out of character but I was disgusted at comments made to me by Cabaye.

"I don't wish to elaborate on the exact detail of what was said - but his words have no place either on or off the football pitch.

"Cabaye has apologised via his club's website and as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed."

I'm quite glad he's sticking to what he believed about whatever Cabaye said. Too often players off all sports come out with the rehearsed crap they're given on a script from the clubs PR officer. It's good he apologised, as he should have, but he's clearly a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve and I reckon it's good he has articulated what set him off and set the record straight about why he did so.

I wouldn't go as far as to whack anyone, at least not now, got into some unsavory altercations years back which I regret, but I realize now it's not worth the fucking hassle, too much to jeopardize and if some Idiots got belligerent, I think I'd be more inclined to walk away, there's no sense in escalating a situation, been through this countless times with my counsellor. That's not to say one day I won't do something stupid again but people in general just aren't worth the bother sometimes etc. For all the anger and fucking frustrations there are moments of phlegmatic calmness and tranquility, which while in short supply, are known to exsist. This Cahill thing will soon blow over, if it hasn't already.

Finally got round to watching this game last night, and f*ck me did we play some nice football! There were some real quality performances all over the pitch and we could have probably scored 6 and it wouldnt be undeserved!

However, I do have some constructive criticism (well it wont be that constructive seeing as Im sure Moyes doesn't read TT). After half time, when Newcastle started to get back into the game, both Neville & Gibson were getting caught in no mans land. Either the defence was too deep or the midfielders were pushed up too high, because we were giving them so much space in between the two lines that its lucky they didnt really punish us for it. On one or two occasions you could see Heitinga screaming at either Neville or Gibson, for not tracking their midfield runners and leaving the back 4 against 4 Newcastle attackers. This was a big problem for us earlier in the season, and while I am not in any way suggesting that Newcastle deserved anything from the game, on another day they could have also got a couple more on the scoresheet.

MOTM for me was Pienaar as he was sensational, and what sums him up most for me, was that after a move broke down between him and Baines and the latter was caught very high up the pitch, as soon as Pienaar realised, he was sprinting back to try and cover Baines' position. Could you imagine Bily, Drenthe or even Osman doing the same thing. He understands the club and what Moyes wants to achieve as much as anyone else there and I really hope we can get him back.

I was reading the BBC sport page printout yesterday on the game as while there wasn't much to read it did offer a decent insight into the game. We played some delightful stuff at times apparently and I was a little disappointed or bemused even the opposition didn't come down and make more of a game of it, there was a lot at stake for them and the opportunity was there and they never turned up on the day, just seemed a strange time for an off day, thought they would have been more up for the occasion etc. If there's a chance of European Cup soccer on the last day's trip it seems strange in a sense they put in a largely overall poor performance but what they do is their business, we got the result and played well for the most part and that's what overall matters on the day in question.

It was a fine way to end the season for sure, I was pleased for Jelavic getting another strike before the close of season. We were up for it from the start and they weren't, missed out on the greater prize, but seventh place all said isn't that bad, considering as always our slow start and we did finish above the beauts and played some good soccer the last few weeks for the most part, so content enough in a sense.