IGNORED

Mobile contracts

MikeO

Josh wants a decent phone for his birthday next month (asked this last year but he wants to upgrade) and I know bugger all about them.

Thinking contract this time and he ideally wants an xperia.....saw this; £17.50 pm for 24 months...

http://shop.tescomobile.com/mobile-phones/pay-monthly/sony+ericsson/ray+urushi?deal=5651

Decent deal? Could I get better elsewhere? Any info appreciated....you've never let me down before peoplesmile.png .

Josh wants a decent phone for his birthday next month (asked this last year but he wants to upgrade) and I know bugger all about them.

Thinking contract this time and he ideally wants an xperia.....saw this; £17.50 pm for 24 months...

http://shop.tescomob...rushi?deal=5651

Decent deal? Could I get better elsewhere? Any info appreciated....you've never let me down before peoplesmile.png .

Looks a good deal Mike, however like you im no expert.

It looks pretty decent that, Mike.

Ive got an iPhone 4S on a 24 month contract on O2 and that costs me £41 per month. I get unlimited texts, 1000 minutes to other O2 numbers, 1200 any time any network minutes. I don't get any data as part of that, i pay an extra £5 a month for 500GB of data.

So, like I said, it looks a really good deal.

Thanks Mark....thing I like about this is you can cap the contract so he wouldn't be able to run up a daft bill, can just top up PAYG if you run out of credit any month.

Don't know if that's a freely available thing.

(Daughter who's living with us at the mo pays £35 pm on her contract but her latest bill is more than three times that....insane!)

Thanks Mark....thing I like about this is you can cap the contract so he wouldn't be able to run up a daft bill, can just top up PAYG if you run out of credit any month.

(Daughter who's living with us at the mo pays £35 pm on her contract but her latest bill is more than three times that....insane!)

You can download an app to keep a check on how many minutes/text you have used.

I know that that cap thing is available on 3 as well but not sure if any other networks do it.

When I first went on contract I used to go over on my bill every single month (and by a big amount) but now i pay for more extras I never go over.

Mike - you may have tempted me into getting a phone. I saw that the HTC Wildfire S is on a £10 per month contract.

Did you get it Louis?

Finally got the deal through for Josh's tonight....site was playing up so had multiple failed attempts.

Also means I'll get to upgrade....lose my five/six year old LG (that cost less than £20) and take over Josh's old LG Viewty Snap. May not be "smart" but it's a step up for mesmile.png .

Not overly bothered by them personally....though I'd like a tablet at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wanted a Nokia Lumia just because if you buy one from Carphone Warehouse it comes with a free deadmau5 speaker. If I was going to change from my phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace) then the Lumia is probably the one I'd go for - it seems a nice piece of kit.

Either that or the WindowsPhone.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn cell phones. Never had these when I was a kid, too many of these damn things about, people become too dependant. Seems their end all and be all above all else. I estimate about 75 per cent of the people you see on the street have a damn phone to their ear, and 75 per cent of those would be banal, trivial conversations, with banal, trivial individuals. Just something that irritates that's all. I'm a miserable old fuck in my defense, but it is true, i.e. two many damn phones about.

• 1 month later...

Used to have two of those...mine and works. Spent a lot of time playing snake.

Did you ever complete it? aha

My mate used to throw his Nokia over his house, all that happened was the back would fall off and the battery fall out. Stick it back together and it was fine. They're unbreakable, should be in the engineering hall of fame.