IGNORED

The "I met a footballer the other day" thread

Hafnia

I worked at Old Trafford, Maine Road and Etihad for 3 years through uni in the boxes, lost count how many footballers I met and shook hands with. I did meet Bobby Charlton at his box, asked him if he wanted to put a bet on. He laughed, said he couldnt and asked if I wanted to watch the game in his box..... I should never have asked the boss for permission sad.png

Edited by Matt

doh.gif Love Everton FC and respect every player that's ever worn a blue shirt, but they are only normal people!

A nurse working a 12 hour shift, saving lives on shit money, now that's a hero!

I've met a couple of Blues, they are paid bloody good money for doing something we'd all love to do and I know a lad who cuts people out of crashed cars and enters burnning buildings, his job as a fireman pays not much above the average wage.

Hafnia, your sounding like a ten year oldwink.png

Married to a nurse, who does an incredible job working with poorly kids whats your point??? That I don't admire the work she does and feel pride? Of course I do.

If you wanted to truly reinforce your point then I could be pedantic and say - "if you feel that strongly about paying attention to something that isn't a matter of life and death - then why are you wasting time typing on a football forum where really your opinion will not change anything?"

However I won't even though I just did...

I met an Italian lady on the train home last night and had a conversation in her native tongue happy.png

and (reading above) ,Paramedics, nurses, Law Enforcement, Air sea rescue etc, all do important jobs in often difficult circumstances or even working environments so give these people the respect they deserve, it's true.

Married to a nurse, who does an incredible job working with poorly kids whats your point??? That I don't admire the work she does and feel pride? Of course I do.

If you wanted to truly reinforce your point then I could be pedantic and say - "if you feel that strongly about paying attention to something that isn't a matter of life and death - then why are you wasting time typing on a football forum where really your opinion will not change anything?"

Just thought the whole "I met a footballer the other day " was a bit sad.It's probably the kind of thing a kid would say, or maybe someone trying to name drop, the second would be more sad I guess.I'm sure most of us have bumped into some Blues....WOW!

I did hero worship Latchford as a kid, I'd still probably like to meet him, though I can't see myself getting a semi over it, or want to tell you about it.

Just my opinion, is that allowed on your forum?

Just thought the whole "I met a footballer the other day " was a bit sad.It's probably the kind of thing a kid would say, or maybe someone trying to name drop, the second would be more sad I guess.I'm sure most of us have bumped into some Blues....WOW!

I did hero worship Latchford as a kid, I'd still probably like to meet him, though I can't see myself getting a semi over it, or want to tell you about it.

Just my opinion, is that allowed on your forum?

Different things make different people happy. Your opinion is respected, just not sure if your comment was necessary. Kind of a downer. sad.png

Haven't met any famous footballers, unless you count American Footballers. Soccer... I mean... footy... isn't as prevalent here as you guys know.

Of course.

But people are also allowed to disagreesmile.png .

I thought that's what I was doingblink.png ......I played football at a pretty low level and ended up playing with a player from the old 1st division on his way down, and to be honest he couldn't have got much lower other than to have stopped altogether.He was just one of the lads, no different from the rest of us, except he'd lived the dream.

Good luck to those who think footballers are specialsmile.png

I thought that's what I was doingblink.png ......

You were, but you asked if it was allowed.....so I was just clarifying for you.

Good luck to those who think footballers are specialsmile.png

And like I said, the point that you seem to have missed about this thread is that we're talking about footballers being normal.

Not all players can be categorized by way of that.

At least not in terms of psychological evaluations.

But, Yes, we have seen many times over, a vast majority of players over the years, and just like us, go out each week and do a job or what they're employed for. Very humble off the field and in social circles etc. They leave their greatness behind and go about their business like everyone else.

You were, but you asked if it was allowed.....so I was just clarifying for you.

Very kind!

And like I said, the point that you seem to have missed about this thread is that we're talking about footballers being normal.

Haven't missed the point, I agree footballers are normal, very normal (see above post).....my point was/is that to name drop and to make out meeting them is something special is putting them on a pedestle ie ' I met a footballer '........maybe it's just the way he did it.He's an old hand at name dropping, probably just reacted to him being a prick!dont%20know.gif

Haven't missed the point, I agree footballers are normal, very normal (see above post).....my point was/is that to name drop and to make out meeting them is something special is putting them on a pedestle ie ' I met a footballer '........maybe it's just the way he did it.He's an old hand at name dropping, probably just reacted to him being a prick!dont%20know.gif

I'm sure we have met and do meet them from time to time. I'll start this as a big name dropping thread.

Anyway, met Derek Mountfield yesterday - top man, a big unit who clearly still looks after himself. Told him he stopped me from crying versus Ipswich Town with his last gasp equaliser - awesome goalscoring centre half and a winner.

He was doing a presentation in a charity day, very generous with his time and an overall good egg.

How can you consider this post to be someone being a prick? If anything Haf is showing not all footballers are stereotypical dicks.

Had the pleasure of traveling back from the semi final on the train with the everton squad, To say I was star struck was a understatement!

Without doubt a sound bunch of lads, mood wasn't great after the result but a fantastic team spirit in this team!

Roll on the new season!

Your an old hand at being a bit antogonistic. You seem to be lacking in the manners we are talking about some of these superstars in actually having. Never mind eh.

Had the pleasure of traveling back from the semi final on the train with the everton squad, To say I was star struck was a understatement!

Without doubt a sound bunch of lads, mood wasn't great after the result but a fantastic team spirit in this team!

Roll on the new season!

Fair play - would have been awesome if we would have won it.