IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Palace look lively, giving Spurs a fright when they go forward. Pity the runners aren't on the same wave length for the final ball.

I don't think Palace have threatened at all in the first half. Spurs need to do better with their final ball. They always have plenty of people in the box attacking both posts at the penalty spot but Lennon has picked out the wrong option twice and Rose needs to remove his blinkers. Palace are generally defending agressively though, they're doing that well.

I don't think Palace have threatened at all in the first half. Spurs need to do better with their final ball. They always have plenty of people in the box attacking both posts at the penalty spot but Lennon has picked out the wrong option twice and Rose needs to remove his blinkers. Palace are generally defending agressively though, they're doing that well.

First 20 mins it was Palace looking the more threatening, final ball was threatening enough to create a chance just the runner didn't read the play.

Agree on Lennon, he has a case of the Baros', deserved to be subbed for not pulling it back.

Very harsh pen, nothing he could do to get his arm out of the way.

I thought Palace were really poor. They had the quality of a pub side and Gabbidon didnt seem to be able to pass the ball within 5 yards of a teammate. They did show a lot if fight though.

Spurs on the other hand didnt seem fully wound up, they certainly werent very cohesive for most of the game. However they got the win with a clear pen and it will be interesting to see how they play next time.

The Chelsea vs Hull match is quite entertaining though, as Chelsea are all over them. Hull seem to be able to pop it about but as soon as they get pressured they fold and Chelsea flood forward. They look very sharp and by far the best of the title contenders so far.

I've been really apprehensive about the start of the new season and now it's upon us, it's going to do no favors whatsoever.

I can't abide Chelsea and no fan of Tottenham either and seems they both won (or will win) today, even if the level of opposition is poor. I saw something that Liverpool managed a win yesterday and that just makes things a little more hard to take. Perhaps the worse thing about the season is when teams you genuinely don't like get a result, be it they stole a win by playing poorly, or got a comprehensive win from a good performance. It really doesn't make much difference in all you get is angry and irritated. would have wanted Crystal Palace and Hull City to get their respective wins today, but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

Think Chelsea will walk the league tbh. I haven't seen the game but I thought they would before the season started. Some real quality players in that team.

Same could be said about Spurs I guess but they didn't look all that impressive against palace before. Might just need time to gel though I think. Dembele came off at one point for Capoue, now that's what you call strength in depth.

Just seen that, glad I didn't put a bet on Levante!

make that 5, 42 mins gone

Levante arent playing well. To be honest, theyre not able to play because Barca are closing everything down and absolutely dominating the game! its like an exhibition game

edit: make that 6...

Edited by Matt

If you look up the term 'arse-rape' in the dictionary you will find a picture of Levente's badge.

@GR: Hoffman scored the first and then was fouled in the box for a penalty which Reus converted. The two goals for BVB came at around 75 and 84 minutes. EB pulled one back into the 88th minute through a corner after terrible defending from Lewandowski but couldn't get another.