IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Interesting half that, despite not much really happening.

Ill start with Chelsea, and in all honesty Im not really impressed.

Back 4 look solid but Cahill is definitely a weak link, I just dont think he reads the game well enough and to be at a title chasing team. Ramires cant pass the ball. I like his energy and drive but he simply cant pass the ball and he is someone I would target if I were an opposition manager. The wide players also havent impressed. Hazard shows glimpses of quality but like Mirallas he gets careless and gives the ball away. De Bruyne looks like he needs time and this is probably not the game to assess Schurrle. Oscar has been brilliant.

With Man Utd, they havent really created much. RVP and Rooney have been sharp, Valencia has put in a good shift but Welbeck has been clumsy and I don't see why he should be playing wide. Cleverly has been anonymous, and Carrick has played in some decent balls but again not really doing enough. I think if Lampard and Carrick played in the same team (again) then they would be the best pairing on the pitch. In the same breath, Jones isn't a RB and whilst he can defend well enough, his attacking play is poor and he isn't a great passer either.

Chelsea need to start putting more pressure on the Utd CB's and I think we should see Lukaku on the pitch, probably for De Bruyne.

Interesting half that, despite not much really happening.

Ill start with Chelsea, and in all honesty Im not really impressed.

Back 4 look solid but Cahill is definitely a weak link, I just dont think he reads the game well enough and to be at a title chasing team. Ramires cant pass the ball. I like his energy and drive but he simply cant pass the ball and he is someone I would target if I were an opposition manager. The wide players also havent impressed. Hazard shows glimpses of quality but like Mirallas he gets careless and gives the ball away. De Bruyne looks like he needs time and this is probably not the game to assess Schurrle. Oscar has been brilliant.

With Man Utd, they havent really created much. RVP and Rooney have been sharp, Valencia has put in a good shift but Welbeck has been clumsy and I don't see why he should be playing wide. Cleverly has been anonymous, and Carrick has played in some decent balls but again not really doing enough. I think if Lampard and Carrick played in the same team (again) then they would be the best pairing on the pitch. In the same breath, Jones isn't a RB and whilst he can defend well enough, his attacking play is poor and he isn't a great passer either.

Chelsea need to start putting more pressure on the Utd CB's and I think we should see Lukaku on the pitch, probably for De Bruyne.

How has Oscar been brilliant? He's had the shots but he didn't create them himself and they weren't good shots either.

Very poor game so far. Both teams defending deep. Rooney sole player who's done well.

How has Oscar been brilliant? He's had the shots but he didn't create them himself and they weren't good shots either.

Very poor game so far. Both teams defending deep. Rooney sole player who's done well.

He's constantly available for the ball and always looking to get the ball forward. Chelsea's best player.

He's constantly available for the ball and always looking to get the ball forward. Chelsea's best player.

Not blaming him for being bad as United had 10 or 11 players in or right in front of their box. But he wasn't good by any means imo. Everyone was constantly available, no one was passing it forward.

I wish just once that a side in one of these big games would actually have some balls and attack. The closest we have come to a goal was that 30 yard strike from Gary Cahill and then that other 30 yard strike from Wayne Rooney. There is fuck all happening at either end of the pitch because whenever a team pushes forward they have nobody in support because they're terrified of being caught on the counter-attack.

The result will suit Chelsea more than United being away from home but I really thought Jose would go for this and stamp his come-back to England.

Brilliant was probably a bit far. I added that at the end because I realised I hadnt mentioned him and I meant too haha. I thought he was the best player on the pitch at the time. Working hard, coming deep to get the ball and making runs forward and into the box. His runs resulted in a couple of half chances which is a damn sight more than anyone else was doing. On the flip side, he was invisible in the second half.

That was a really poor game, very negative and little intent. Rooney probably just edges MOTM.

?

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Wayne Rooney bid, speaking to Sky Sports: "This is a special club with special fans and I think probably now he thinks he wants to stay. If that is his decision we will respect that and say it is over. If now, he does not want to leave, we are out of the thing but we need to know what is happening."

I wasn't even aware there was a game tonight.

This should have been a 3 pm start on a Saturday, but what can you do. Appears it was a rather dull and mundane game, and then you realize one of the managers involved is David Moyes.

Probably a great many people were getting excited or foaming at the mouth in anticipation of tonights fixture, but it turned out to be a poor game then, and with any good fortune, those two points dropped for each side may benefit others by end of season in the race for the league championship. I wouldn't want either of these to win it again, and hope they don't.