IGNORED

Home Sweet Home - Tony Bellew at Finch Farm

Lowensda

Great short video :) Funny!

http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,19875_8014120,00.html

Tony Bellew told Ringside - Ones to Watch his drive and determination comes from his upbringing.

Johnny Nelson visited the Bomber at his home in Aigburth and the pair travelled to the streets where Bellew grew up around Wavertree in Liverpool.

"This area's made me what I am today," said the British light-heavyweight champion.

"No one's got it easy round here. It's a rough area. There aren't any fancy places round here.

"I'm a really determined and very driven person and I believe coming out of an area like this has made me what I am.

"I've always strived and no matter what I do, it isn't enough. I always want more, I want to progress, do better and I think that's down to my background and where I'm from.

"Without a shadow of a doubt I'll be giving back to this area. I've got to. Without this area I'm nothing."

Fighter

Bellew also talked about how he got into boxing and said that initially he was more interested in the battle than any preparation work.

"I started fighting at 16, so I was quite late," he said. "But I didn't like doing any running. I didn't like doing any ground work, sit-ups or press-ups.

"I just wanted to have a fight with people. I was young and naïve. But I enjoyed the brutal side of boxing; the pure out-and-out fighting."

I watched it, it showed big Dunc on bench press and he pushed out what looked a ridiculous weight. Especially for someone who was footballer - not a rugby player. It looked like 150kg!

Bellew is a top lad, gives alot of spotlight to Everton and hopefully one day will win one of the main world titles.

Johhny Nelson actually tore his tendon doing those plyometric jumps.

NOt sure if that was sarcastic or not Av - http://www.bomberbellew.co.uk/

It was just that you put it in the general Everton discussion forum, stating a guy I'd never heard of was at Finch farm, so yes, it was sarcastic. I was disappointed to realise that no, we weren't signing anybody, and the guy is a boxer, not a Spanish Midfielder. You is now in my bad books you is. crying.gif

You're right TJ, we need a sarcasm font. doh.gif

Always right might ;):lol:

I loved that Vid Ten thanks for starting this thread off mate. Great stuff and Bellew is a good blueboy he is going to win big soon I am sure of it. Dunc looks fit too. I'll bet he can still give a good old 'dig' if anyone wants to take him on.

Cheers Rubes, enjoyed it, so thought it best to share :)

• 1 year later...