IGNORED

Wigan away

MikeO

wigan played a great tactical game in the first half and deserved their lead (not many times you'll see Felli bullied out the game), we played much better against a tenacious wigan team second half and but for some dreadful referring we could have won. can't help but feel that wigan deserved something, but glad we got the draw.

There will be no final sting in the tale as Kevin Friend blows for Full-Time. Leighton Baines late penalty keeps Everton's unbeaten run alive but Wigan must been given huge credit for a superb battling display.

We lost to WBA didn't we?

I'm a bit dissapointed about the result but away from home a point is a good one. If the officials had been better we would have had all three but one is better than none.

If I am honest I dont think we deserved too much more than a point. We failed to get a foothold on the game in the first half and Wigan took advantage by exposing our defence. Second half, Moyes moved Felli back and it made a world of difference. We controlled the ball a lot better, they didnt get any real chances to isolate our CB's and they werent given the opportunity to flood people forward like they did in the first 45 mins.

The refereeing for both sides was poor, but in particular it cost us two more penalties and their opening goal. Felli could have been sent off for his kick out though, and several players were given needless yellow cards.

Overall it was a decent performance, nothing more. No-one really stood out and I dont think anyone was that bad. The thing Moyes should take from this game is that Fellaini can be wasted sometimes by playing alongside the striker. He should definitely be allowed to get forward, but he should also be used deeper to control possession. He has the engine to be influential at both ends of the pitch, and I think he is a little bit wasted if he is solely used as a deep midfielder or as a second striker.

The refereeing for both sides was poor, but in particular it cost us two more penalties and their opening goal. Felli could have been sent off for his kick out though, and several players were given needless yellow cards.

Overall it was a decent performance, nothing more. No-one really stood out and I dont think anyone was that bad. The thing Moyes should take from this game is that Fellaini can be wasted sometimes by playing alongside the striker. He should definitely be allowed to get forward, but he should also be used deeper to control possession. He has the engine to be influential at both ends of the pitch, and I think he is a little bit wasted if he is solely used as a deep midfielder or as a second striker.

I'd blame poor refereeing for him kicking out, but you're right that he was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Agree with the bottom.

Quite annoyed by that result - as peteO said further up, we should really still be second, cos that's 4 points we've now been done out of by piss poor refereeing/linesmaning(?).

It's not like they were even tight decisions - Kone was clearly offside for his goal, we should easily have had at least one more pen today (Caldwells barge & figueroa kicking Jellys foot as he was shooting were both stonewall imo), and the two disallowed goals in the Newcastle match were obvious to everyone except the officials too! shaking fist.png