IGNORED

Wigan away

MikeO

If there's any sanity in the world this is a win right?

In recent seasons a potential banana skin but on current form should be a fairly comfortable three points (as long as the players don't think that way).

1-4....Jelly x 2, Coleman and Vic from the bench.

Chelsea get upset at home by Norwich and we go topbiggrin.png .

(Last bit probably won't happensad.png )

I hate Wigan away it's always one of our worst games to watch. They've took Fulham's rank of teams I'm least confident we'll beat away: Arsenal, Liverpool, ManU, and Wigan.

I'll be happy with a clean sheet, with a goal would be a bonus. This is the type of game that will show if we've got what it takes in the long haul.

Edited by pete0

I can remember when Wigan Athletic were in the bottom tier of the league, and that was about as recent as 2001, quite a rise up the last decade to where they find themselves now, but it wasn't too long back that everybody associated Wigan with Rugby League and soccer never really got a mention.

I don't know hardly any of their other results thus far, and don't even know quite where they are in the league standings, but I don't think this will be an easy fixture, but we have the capabilities to get a result, and Moyes seems to focus more on league fixtures than Cup tournaments, so I think this one should have his strict attention. It won't be a stroll for us, and it's an awkward venue, so I think a draw would be a fair and accurate outcome and I can see this materializing.

Wigan Athletic 2 Everton 2

3-1 win for us.

We seem to be struggling to keep clean sheets at the moment though they will I assume be without Jordi Gomez who was sent off last week.

we look like we've got plenty of goals in us and Wigan don't look particularly tight. Playing agaisnt them with their 3 centre back set up should make thing different but I think we have the attacking players to open them up.

Jelavic

Mirallas

Fellaini

Kone for them

A fair number of people thought we would have an easy ride against Leeds too..

You never can tell what will happen, it is after all 11 men against 11, anything can occur, we should have the capabilities to see off this opposition but they will have home support and venue and I don't think it will be as straight forward a result as some would believe.

Not an easy game by any means but still one we should win at a stroll if we turn up.

I think we have learnt our lesson from the WBA game. If we come out with the fast and crisp passing we have shown lately then there are not many teams that can handle us.

There have been passages this season where we have outshone Barca for passing.....funny thing is, that is no exaggeration! some of the one touch, fast paced passing has tied teams in knots and there is no way to defend against that type of football. You just have to hope that a pass goes astray.

Now if we play like that against Wigan, we will destroy them.

I am going for a clean sheet and four goals...optimist i know haha! but i just have a good feeling about Saturday.

Wigan can be a decent team but because of the way they play they can be got at early and ship sloppy goals. They always try and play from the back, and like Swansea if they cant dominate the midfield, they fail to get anything going. Press high up the pitch, get at them hard in the first 15-20 minutes and we could be 1 or 2 up. If we sit back & let them play, they have the ability to make us chase shadows and given we arent exactly solid at the back right now, they will create chances. Could swing either way but I fancy 3-1 being the score without knowing the winning side.