IGNORED

Wigan away

MikeO

Overall it was a decent performance, nothing more. No-one really stood out and I dont think anyone was that bad. The thing Moyes should take from this game is that Fellaini can be wasted sometimes by playing alongside the striker. He should definitely be allowed to get forward, but he should also be used deeper to control possession. He has the engine to be influential at both ends of the pitch, and I think he is a little bit wasted if he is solely used as a deep midfielder or as a second striker.

well said agree with that fed up of fellaini being a target man

Edited by Blue4Ever

This was always going to be a tricky fixture, Wigan played well against Sunderland last week before Gomez got sent off. All in all a draw is not too bad an outcome although sounds like we were the better side. I trawled this thread this morning & I think two people called the correct score - good call! and I hope you were on.

Scoring a hat-trick half an hour into your debut, that's the sign of a shit player if ever there was one - What a stupid comment.

Testimonials don't count :P. Tbh I've been disappointed with Naismith as well, the game against Leeds he was the worst of a dreadful bunch, but it's too early to say how shit he is.

He's played six games and IMO he hasn't done much wrong.

We got him for free so if he does end up being shit we can sell him on for a nice profit, its way too early to start giving him greif so just see how he goes till Christmas when we'll have more of an idea. Out of the 6 times he's played I think most of them have been from off the bench (where we can't really expect him to set the world alight).

I agree with Zoo, though he was appalling against Leeds i think its very harsh to judge him just yet. Like Zoo say's we've only seen him from the bench.

Not judging him....but you get a first impression of a player. Some might have bad games but there's the odd moment where you can see a bit of a spark.

Not seen that from the guy yet....doesn't mean it won't happen. First impressions can be deceiving....look at Bilysad.png .

I think we're due to be gifted 4 points somewhere between now and the end of the season, as after all, all these refereeing things tend to "even themselves out". dry.png

But seriously, why are we always copping these rubbish decisions? When I watch any sport I try to watch with an unbiased hat on and will happily concede when a stroke of luck by poor refereeing benefits my team, but I just can't see any when watching Everton. I hate using this excuse and sounding like a bitter sore loser but we've been robbed twice now, and gifted very little by those who've robbed us.

We should be on 18 points, 1 behind Chelsea if not for damn referees making certain games uphill battles. The Newcastle (disallowed) goals were clearly fair for all to see, and if from first glance on a poor television angle everyone can see it, why can't a trained, professional linesmen who is right inline with it?

Anyway, I think Wigan's 3 at the back really shut down our wing play. Didn't seem much room for Bainaar or Coleman/Mirallas to work with and when they did the middle was crowded.

Wish Moyes would be a bit more ruthless with his attitude. I understand humility, level headedness and modesty are reasons he's such a good person and manager (as opposed to Mancini, making excuses before for City losing before they even played Sunderland) but check this out from his post match press conference:

"We thoroughly deserved the point. We played really well in the second half and kept having a go at them.”

That sounds like something Martinez should be saying about drawing with us. We're third on the damn table Moyes, we're not a basket case battler team this year and the only thing stopping us qualifying for Europe will be Moyes attitude in managing.

Chelsea Reading game was 2-2 when Torres put them infront miles off side and only 10 mins to go, otherwise we may have been top.

I wouldn't be so disheartened at Moyes' comments, we should have won which is sickening, but a point at the DW is a good point. Wigan has been a tough ground for more than just us. Man U were comfortably beaten there last year without getting close to Wigan's goal. Not even a single shot on target and Wigan missed a few sitters if my memory serves me right. They were cheated against City, beat Newcastle 4 nil (it should have been more), and drew with Chelsea, Everton, and Liverpool.

Edited by pete0

That's a good point Pete, but it's the kind of mindset I'm talking about. I'll probably cop a few raised eye brows for this, but the moment Moyes accepts a point against Wigan, and the moment we as supporters become comfortable with a point just because Man Utd and Newcastle couldn't get one, or because Chelsea and Liverpool got the same result, it immediately says that a draw is acceptable.

Whilst realistically it probably was a reasonable result, the manager should be blasting at the troops that nothing less than a win is what they should be aiming for. Attitude is everything, an when we're already financially disadvantaged, if you haven't got attitude then what else is there?

No one may agree with me here, but my old man raised me with these two ideals (which may be why my girlfriend is always having a go at me for being so competitiverofl.gif ) .

1. Always aim for the top. Bit of a cliché, but if you aim for the stars, at least when you fail you'll be amongst the clouds.

2. Don't compare yourself to others. Who cares what United or City or Chelsea came away from the DW with? If you're happy to compare yourself to them, you're happy to finish behind them.

Personally, I just feel had Moyes sent a bit more of a message in his conference that he's disappointed we didn't get the win, rather than contempt with a draw, it would speak volumes about the ambition of this team to not just make up the numbers mid table again this season.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum right?

I think he came across as upset about only getting a draw as we deserved to win, but was contempt with the point as we were going home with non until the 86th minute. He acknowledges the side didn't play well in the first half, but the team made up for it in the second, only for poor officiating to deny us the result.

I prefer the saying "second place is the first loser", but we play a 38 game season you can't win them all.

Neville was poor, totally at fault for second goal. Offered no protection whatsoever.

Gibson can't return quick enough in my opinion. Fellaini has a problem with consistency, it's great being super dooper and bullying the mancs but for fucks sake a £35m player does not go missing against the likes of Leeds and Wigan.