IGNORED

Sunderland (H)

MikeO

We shouldn't judge Naismith. He joined us for free and is having to come from the bench, so not going to be at his best by any stretch. Some of the things he does gets little credit, but he draws players away, and yesterday put a chance on a plate for us. We need a squad, and encouragement for the fringe players is lacking for some reason.

We shouldn't judge Naismith. He joined us for free and is having to come from the bench, so not going to be at his best by any stretch. Some of the things he does gets little credit, but he draws players away, and yesterday put a chance on a plate for us. We need a squad, and encouragement for the fringe players is lacking for some reason.

Why not? it doesn't matter what he joined for, his passing is shocking for a premier league player, even just a few yards along the ground it was going straight to a Sunderland player, thats why i was asking if he is 100% fit. We should be bringing Oviedo on and letting him have a run in the team. Edited by Simon

Why not? it doesn't matter what he joined for, his passing is shocking for a premier league player, even just a few yards along the ground it was going straight to a Sunderland player, thats why i was asking if he is 100% fit. We should be bringing Oviedo on and letting him have a run in the team.

I agree.

Why not? it doesn't matter what he joined for, his passing is shocking for a premier league player, even just a few yards along the ground it was going straight to a Sunderland player, thats why i was asking if he is 100% fit. We should be bringing Oviedo on and letting him have a run in the team.

I agree as well. He seems to have the pace to make an impact.

At the time the sub was made I said I thought Oviedo would've been a better option.

I like Naismith and was glad we signed him but we needed someone to come on and be able to offer similar things to Mirallas. He may not have the same creativity but he'd have provided pace and drive.

Moyes said it could be 6 months until Naismith is upto speed after his injury so I reckon it'd be better if he comes on towards the end if games when we're trying to see out a game, not when we need a player to make an impact.

We won, so much to be relieved and happy about.

I'm interested in Oviedo, but Moyes has his own ideas about what he wants. Hopefully he'll get some game time soon so we can have a better look at him. We also have the Scottish lad who I'd like a look at, and Hitzlsperger no doubt has folk wondering too.

I think people have been a little harsh on Naismith. Sure he's had some bad touches and gifted the ball a bit, but he's also had some excellent touches and created some chances. I like that he's a bit unpredictable and seems to come out of nowhere to make something happen. The aggravating flip side of that is that he's sometimes out of position trying to force mistakes. But he's been doing well considering the circumstances of the games he's come into.

I'm a bit concerned at our defence.

Once again, we were easily undone, and too many through balls were catching us out. Had Sunderland been better finishers we could have been in trouble. I am more happy having the pace of Distin. It wouldn't do us any harm to show Jags the bench occasionally either just to keep him on his toes. Coleman has not been covered properly when he's been up field.

I'm a bit concerned at our defence.

Once again, we were easily undone, and too many through balls were catching us out. Had Sunderland been better finishers we could have been in trouble. I am more happy having the pace of Distin. It wouldn't do us any harm to show Jags the bench occasionally either just to keep him on his toes. Coleman has not been covered properly when he's been up field.

he's the quickest defender we have and probably the most consistant, jags had a few top games earlier in the season and the last 3 or 4 he's looked poor

i hope Moyesie start the next game without Neville and use him only from the bench towards the end of games to close it out preferebly at right back - the moment he left the park there was a spark in the team - Fellaini is much more dangerous if he moves in from midfield into assisting and heading positions than floating up front and making it easy for defenders to close him down - Pienaar must stay on the left to work magic with Baines - he is ineffective on the right - Naismith deserves another chance but his game must improve otherwise he must be switched with Velios - would like to see Oviedo get more game time as well

Just watched the game properly (only saw the first half live at the weekend) and I dont think we were as bad as some people have made us out to be. We dominated the first half. The defence as a whole was strong and the we attacked pretty well apart from that final ball where we either cocked it up or just didnt shoot. The only times we got caught out were due to defensive errors (misplaced passes from Neville & Osman I think) and then poor marking from Coleman on one occasion and Osman on two. As a unit they worked well and we stopped Sunderland from playing.

Second half started slow but again the same pattern emerged. We defended pretty well, moved the ball ok but couldnt quite finish anything off. The two goals were top class and I thought Fellaini was the dominant player throughout the game. I sometimes think people expect a little bit too much at times. No player in the world is consistently at the top of their game and he did exactly what I would have expected him to do throughout and then exceeded my expectations with a quality finish and quality lay off for Jelavic. Like Romey, I think he should be dropped back a little. Let him influence the game a bit more from deeper, especially against teams that are strong at the back where he wont be able to bully defenders.

Overall I wouldnt necessarily say anyone had a poor game. A couple of players (Neville, Osman & Coleman) got caught out and in the case of Osman it cost us, but their general play was pretty good. Pienaar was the biggest disappointment for me as his passing was woeful and he cost us several opportunities by completely misplacing an easy through ball. Depending on the fitness of Mirallas (doesnt look promising) I would drop/rest him and bring in Oviedo. He needs a kick up the arse IMO.

Jelavic was another to have a good game. Yes he wasnt foot perfect but he worked his arse off and made some brilliant runs (such as the one for his goal). He actually really impressed me with his attitude as most other strikers we have had recently have started sulking when they lose a bit of form, but he showed he is ready to put in a shift for his team.

Still not sure what to make of Naismith. He wasnt all bad but he should be doing a bit better on the ball. Off the ball he works hard, makes good runs and finds good positions but with the ball he doesnt seem too confident at the moment.

I can understand why people Oviedo would have probably been a better sub at the time of Mirallas going off, but apart from that I thought Moyes made good choices tactically which is refreshing.