IGNORED

Sunderland (H)

MikeO

I know the game in question so didn't need to even watch it. Gray scored two great goals that day with amazing headed efforts. It was towards the end of the season and we were all but assured of the League Title some time after with the shite and Tottenham battling it out for second place.

Another game of mention came towards the end of the 1996/97 season when they really were in trouble, and Royle had just left as manager I think and we got beat 3 - 0 up there. Paul Stewart scored that day of all things I remember. It was played at Roker Park at the time in it's last season.

I don't like the new name. 'Stadium of Light'.

Fucking stupid. It's as if they think they're of similar stature of Benfica and they're certainly not that.

It was towards the end of the season and we were all but assured of the League Title some time after with the shite and Tottenham battling it out for second place.

Early April with eleven games to go and only four points clear so hardly assured of the titlehuh.png . ManU were actually our closest challengers at the time just ahead of Spurs and eight points clear of Liverpool.....though sadly Liverpool did come through to second.

If memory serves.

I know the game in question so didn't need to even watch it. Gray scored two great goals that day with amazing headed efforts. It was towards the end of the season and we were all but assured of the League Title some time after with the shite and Tottenham battling it out for second place.

Another game of mention came towards the end of the 1996/97 season when they really were in trouble, and Royle had just left as manager I think and we got beat 3 - 0 up there. Paul Stewart scored that day of all things I remember. It was played at Roker Park at the time in it's last season.

I don't like the new name. 'Stadium of Light'.

Fucking stupid. It's as if they think they're of similar stature of Benfica and they're certainly not that.

Lol I needed to, I was at the game and I had completely erased the fourth goal from my memory! I was convinced we won that match 3-1

I know that we won the title with a then record 90 points in 1985, and second place only saw 77, and Tottenham were on same points but in 3rd place with a poorer goal difference.

March or April sounds about right, and once again, Andrew Gray, what a performance that was.

Manchester United finished about 5th or 6th that year didn't they ? Not going to wade through statistics to check, but that fine start and challenge happened in the late summer and autumn of that year (1985/86), but fell away quickly into 1986 and finished outside the top six ?

Maybe we should concentrate on what our club does rather than other sides endeavors.