IGNORED

Sunderland (H)

MikeO

It's annoying that the league table looks like we're in a seven way battle for fourth when we should be four or five points clear of a six way battle for fifthdry.png .

"Must win" if ever there was one and surely we will....comfortably.

Got to be be three or four and a clean sheet....Jelly back with a couple and Baines from a set piece. Mirallas with a possible fourth.

We should be higher up the table (at least points wise) and we will be after this game. Team to a man seemed gutted by the loss and have to think they'll be coming home to prove a point. Sunderland have been on the end of a Goodison thrashing before, and while that would be exceptional with O'Neil at the helm and their defensive record, I think we might put a few past them. If Jelly gets going it could be 3 or 4, as they'll be throwing everything at Felli. For me though, a clean sheet would be the real piece to savor.

Guest blueboy122

Been such a frustrating month for us with all the draw there were winnable games. Lets get back to the Everton we love and know. 3 points is a must. Lets look up rather than look at whose chasing us!

We need to tighten up. It's fine to be playing well, but if we don't take more care then it's paramount to a boxer swinging away without keeping his guard up. Many of our conceded goals have been through carelessness, be it a poor pass, poor tackle, or poor positioning, even if we have had a little bad luck.

We know we can attack, but emphasys must be drawn to our midfield, and also our tactics overall. There have been lots of formation changes, and that can't be good if we want consistency, so a big effort is needed to find that final jigsaw piece, to enable us to settle in our best formation, even if it means selling somebody to buy somebody.

We've done the pretty football, let's just win this one!

If we do win, it probably will be through our brilliant passing game, or..........maybe a launched ball from our own half onto Fellainis chest, when he pivots and whacks it in, I for one will not give a shit it didn't take twenty passes to get to him.

Sundeland will be sucked down into an early relegation battle if they don't start winning, so forget all ideas that this will be easy.

Can't see us not scoring.....can we stop them!

Bit early for a match day preview but in any event, you would have to think we should have enough to see off the next opposition, but you never can tell what will happen. I remember back in 1996/97 around the same time we played these at home and everyone was certain it was a home win and they would get beaten out of sight but they took a 3 - 1 win back to the North East that day, so you never can quite tell what will occur.

They're still fighting, we have been inconsistent yet again this season at times, but if we get as many chances as seen in London at the weekend, it should be enough for a result. Won't be a landslide victory as some would believe, but quietly confident. Rare chance it will be a fifth drawn game.

Everton 2 Sunderland 0

In my time following the prem and this forum I have noticed the pessimism that you Brits possess, but check this out from the Sunderland fans! There's like half a dozen predicting 5-0 to Everton, I'm laughing like an idiot reading it. At least they're honest, gotta give them that.

http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=740840

Only optimism here. biggrin.png

Oh, btw ..... I hate it when folk call us Brits. shaking fist.png

I'm English, and would prefer not to be associated with the lowly riff-raff commoners known as the Irish, Scottish, or even worse .......... the Welsh. major%20overreaction%20alert.gifleggit.gif

Because a number of americans don't realize that the United Kingdom is split into seperate countries, more often, those who have never travelled to the UK. A similar error was made above when someone was under the impression that Ireland was part of Britain ? Didn't they break away in the 1920s. Unless it was the Northern half made in reference.

This is not a geography lesson however, so we get back to the issue in hand that is next fixture.

Anybody who believes a 5 - 0 score will work in our favor at the weekend is going to be in for a disappointment.

I do believe we will win, can win, but by about a one or two goal margin would be a sensible prediction. Nothing too extravagant or getting carried away etc.

A similar error was made above when someone was under the impression that Ireland was part of Britain ? Didn't they break away in the 1920s. Unless it was the Northern half made in reference.

(Reference to the north would be wrong in itself...NI is part of the UK but not part of Britain)

ha ha top predictions, how funny is that 6 months ago they were viewed as our equals under O'Neill, they spent £25 million is summer and they are on a total downer. Worry i have is the likes of McClean and Johnson havent got going but i think a big weakness is Johnsons ability not to track back and our fullbacks should exploit that to the max and get at their fullbacks. Said 2-0 at the start of the week but i think Sunderland might get it at weekend. Jelly to get an early goal and us to win 4-0

They certainly don't fancy coming here, but I can't imagine where so many of their supporters get the notion we'll hammer them 4 or 5 nil. Our defense has been adequate at best this season, and while they've lacked a cutting edge, they've been, bar last weekend, a reasonably organized and disciplined team. Can't see a blow out, going to be close. They'll sit back and ask us to break them down. If we can answer that challenge in the first 20 or so without exposing ourselves, then we should be comfortable. If they're still well in it at half then I think we could struggle as their resolve will only build.

With our luck Sunderland will turn their season around starting with this game. They are due a win. Im hoping they dont get it this game. We have to be careful on set pieces, dont give them any around the box. Seb Larssons right foot is very dangerous. Best freekick taker in the world last year?

Im predicting a win for us. Three points. Id take a shit game with us getting one goal more than them.

It's always a surprise to see any O'Neill team struggling or not doing too well. What I mean is, he's been such a fine name for all clubs as far back as anyone can remember. I don't think a man of his caliber, that Sunderland was the right choice to go back into management ?

Still believe we will have enough to beat them and the venue as well should just about make sure. Home win and finally end that damn drawn/ non winning streak. We need to be beating opposition like this, with all due respect to them, if we seriously want to challenge again for a European Cup place, although no team in any league has any divine right to beat one another.

Same prediction as the last 4 matches : All things being equal we should beat them by 1 or 2 goals - UNLESS - an own goal , the post , the ref or some more bad luck gets in our way - shacks - nothing stays the same - really hope its a win and not a loss - come hell or high water we just have to win this one - turning point in our season as well - UP or down - GO EVERTON ! - MAKE US PROUD !

We've done quite well in recent years, although after the 4 - 0 league win earlier this year at home, we also only managed a 1 - 1 draw at the same venue about two or three weeks earlier, immediately before the replay victory at their stadium back in March ?

If we can get ahead at any stage in the first half then I think that will be enough. They may manage one goal themselves, but with home advantage and the chances we know we can create, and players of caliber, and Moyes going attack minded, that hopefully will be enough to finally get back to winning ways.

If we don't concede in the first 6 mins I'll be chuffed, obviously a clean sheet for the remaining 84 mins would be lovely too. I think we'll hammer this lot.

3-0

I'm going to miss the blues on sat as im off to the the stoke -QPR game as my Missus' family are all season ticket holders and have a spare, I think it's going to be a goal fest......nooooooooot. Hopefully I can celebrate lots of goals via sky sports news updates from Goodison, COYB!!