IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea 30th Dec 13:30

Avinalaff

Serious question. How the hell did you guys not vomit every time John Terry suited up for the national team? I can't decide whether he or Suarez is the worse person.

Couldn't give a shit about the individual. Can't take pride in the national team of this country, and not really interested in what they do, but agreed that Terry is a nasty little snide player, and also that between the two, don't really have time for either. But give me a chance with a sledgehammer getting close enough with either one of them, I wouldn't hesitate.

Furthermore, I like whenever a new game is imminent, there's this mass rush or stampede to get in first and be game originator. No offense to you Mr A but there needs to be some order to this, instead of everyone falling over themselves in a panic to get in first. There can be no dispute

Game is a few days away, still can only concentrate on what occured just a few hours ago, but needless to say hope 100 per cent we beat this opposition coming up. Did just that with another club very recently I don't hold in much high regard, so can only hope there will be a repeat of that. We have sorted ourselves out just recently. Haven't been play tremendously well, but still got the results. This may well yet occur again this time out. I would be less than pleased with a defeat to those fucking beauts on the last fixture of the year.

Everton 1 Plastics 1

1) Furthermore, I like whenever a new game is imminent, there's this mass rush or stampede to get in first and be game originator. No offense to you Mr A but there needs to be some order to this, instead of everyone falling over themselves in a panic to get in first. There can be no dispute

2) Game is a few days away, still can only concentrate on what occured just a few hours ago

Everton 1 Plastics 1

1) what the fuck are you going on about? If no-one has started the thread, just start it. If someone has started a thread, join it. When did it turn into a competition? Who wants to get in first? And why would they want to get in first? If youre so thread horny, im sure the mods can create a place for you to start all the fucking threads you want.

2) you didnt even see the game?

Guys, who cares who starts a thread?

I opened the thread so I could comment on our missing players, otherwise it would have been off topic. The game is but 4 days away, so well due a thread in it's own right. It's probably the first time I've started a match thread, so apologies to those it might offend, but in all seriousness, who gives a toss who starts it?

As for Terry, there is an existing Terry thread for those who want to turn their attention to it (again).

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/23384-john-terry-racist/

'This' thread is about our upcoming encounter (I think).doh.gif Don't make me press the ban button (now that starting the thread gives me admin powers). happy.png

Got tickets for this off my (redshite) brother! He's coming along too, probably be the first time he's watched any good football this season :)

Anyway, that aside, obviously a clean sheet and a jelly hattrick would be nice but to be honest I'd settle for an Ivanovic own goal and a bucket load of contentious decisions in our favour.

Hmmmm

Everton 1 Chelsea 0

Edited by MoyesForPM

Can't see us winning this one unless we improve dramatically over our last two performances. Felli owes us big time on his return.

I would seriously look at benching jelavic as I think he needs to realise that we can use other options, and by that I mean vellios. Maybe then he will get the message.

DK I wouldn't get so upset when other people start a match day thread - especially as you don't often see the game. There isn't any benefits to starting a thread. I'm all for you starting every match thread from now on in, it's no problem to anyone else.

Can't see us winning this one unless we improve dramatically over our last two performances. Felli owes us big time on his return.

I would seriously look at benching jelavic as I think he needs to realise that we can use other options, and by that I mean vellios. Maybe then he will get the message.

DK I wouldn't get so upset when other people start a match day thread - especially as you don't often see the game. There isn't any benefits to starting a thread. I'm all for you starting every match thread from now on in, it's no problem to anyone else.

I think we should insist on it. It wasn't long ago he was inviting opposing fans to do it lol. Newcastle is all yours Dalz, and then you can have added exposure with the Cheltenham game. smile.png

Yep, just making the point that we will likely feel his absence more in this game. Can't see anything other than a Chelsea win I'm afraid.

Ahh, thought you meant he needed to give back in this game because of him getting himself banned.

I'm with you on the defeat, unfortunately :(. Hopefully the lads surprise us and put a performance on seeing as it's a big game.

Everton almost always does well against the big teams. (cant believe im refering to Chelsea as a big team) There is a chance of an upset and it would be an upset if Everton won. But its not impossible.

If the four defenders tighten up. We could get a few breaks to score on. I want Jelavic on the pitch for this game, we all know what he can do and he is getting into good positions. Im all for dropping him for a couple of games, just not this one.

I dont want Heitinga on the pitch. Absolutely not with Distin and Jags in a 3 CB situation with 2 wing backs. We cant be messing about now with our line up.

We need Neville to have a good game. Hopefully in the middle of the field (!) just for some stability and experience.

My team:

......................Howard......................

Coleman.....Jags....Distin......Baines

...........Neville.............Osman..........

Anichebe...............................Oviedo

................Pienaar............................

............................Jelavic.................

I could be tempted to switch Pienaar and Anichebe around but I just have a feeling that Peanuts would do well centrally against Chelsea. I think I even wrote something about it in the Wigan thread.

I am asuming that Gibbo is out for this one.

Edited by Peter H

One of the most likable traits about Everton is that the players on the field are clearly not intimidated by prestige. And also they they seem to play up to their competition. That's been unfortunate against Reading and QPR but has paid off against Man U and perhaps Tottenham. A win will be difficult but I can't imagine us getting crushed by any means. Hopefully the suspension was a reality check for Fellaini because we sure as hell could use him in the defensive half against Mata.