IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea 30th Dec 13:30

Avinalaff

Everton almost always does well against the big teams. (cant believe im refering to Chelsea as a big team) There is a chance of an upset and it would be an upset if Everton won. But its not impossible.

If the four defenders tighten up. We could get a few breaks to score on. I want Jelavic on the pitch for this game, we all know what he can do and he is getting into good positions. Im all for dropping him for a couple of games, just not this one.

I dont want Heitinga on the pitch. Absolutely not with Distin and Jags in a 3 CB situation with 2 wing backs. We cant be messing about now with our line up.

We need Neville to have a good game. Hopefully in the middle of the field (!) just for some stability and experience.

im going to remember that line after the game alot of people may agree but imo playing a youngster gives u more than neville in midfield for the fact that other than shouting and playing a few 5 yard passes he doesnt offer anything you really need but i will say im wrong if he plays well.

No Nev tomorrow according to FeelingBlue. Basically leaves us with

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Naismith Osman Hitz Pienaar

Anichebe Jelavic

Unless Coleman isn't fit, Heits in. Subs Oviedo for Pienaar, Gueye for Naismith, and Ross or Vellios for a striker.

Edited by pete0

No Nev tomorrow according to FeelingBlue. Basically leaves us with

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Naismith Osman Hitz Pienaar

Anichebe Jelavic

Unless Coleman isn't fit, Heits in. Subs Oviedo for Pienaar, Gueye for Naismith, and Ross or Vellios for a striker.

Lol making subs before a ball has even been kicked??

You could go into The Winslow right next to the ground though it's always a bit too crowded for me.

Alternatively go down the County Road....walk down any of the roads off Goodison Road going away from the ground and you'll come to it....there are several to choose from along there. I've always seemed to end up in the Players Bar. Been a while since I've been thoughsad.png .

Hope you get a taker to meet up with you (I wouldsmile.png ) but seems people on here tend to stay pretty anonymous off the web....shame really.

Enjoying your trip?

Cheers Mike.

It's been good some far and a win today would truly seal it. Is Players towards or away from the city centre on county rd? If anyone hears the Canadian with the Baines jersey come say hello. I'l be sat dead center in upper bullens today and hope to Jelly crack a couple.

2-1 as we've completely forgotten how to keep a clean sheet.

Caught my first match a Goodison on Wednesday been wandering the city since then, and second will be the Chelsea game. I know there's more than a few options, can anyone recommend a particular pub for pre match pints? As I'm travelling alone I'd also be we'll up to meet with anyone who is going to the game. Cheers lads.

Only just saw this mate so it's probably a bit too late but I'd be up for a pint. Where are you sitting?

Only just saw this mate so it's probably a bit too late but I'd be up for a pint. Where are you sitting?

Right now I'm eating at Thomas Frost on county rd. About to venture in search of players. In the game I'm in the upper bullens row M ,seat 116.

I'll be wearing a cowichan tooque (brown and white knit winter hat)

I've a local phone and I'll PM you the number.

we must not concede early - start slowly and absorb the pressure - play with single striker up front and def midfield focusing on assisting back 4 -

if we score 1st they will hit us with everything they got and it will be difficult to turn the tide -

keep them out in 1st half and then go all out in 2nd to catch them by surprise -

slow the game down and try and keep possession -

you don't run a good side off the park - you play the waiting game and catch them napping - and then hit them hard -

defenders and def mids must be in their faces all the time - never give a good player space or too many options -

this is going to be a tough nut to crack and maybe a bridge too far but let us rather never say die -

hope the players really believe they CAN WIN this one - then the battle is half won .

Guest blueboy122

we must not concede early - start slowly and absorb the pressure - play with single striker up front and def midfield focusing on assisting back 4 -

if we score 1st they will hit us with everything they got and it will be difficult to turn the tide -

keep them out in 1st half and then go all out in 2nd to catch them by surprise -

slow the game down and try and keep possession -

you don't run a good side off the park - you play the waiting game and catch them napping - and then hit them hard -

defenders and def mids must be in their faces all the time - never give a good player space or too many options -

this is going to be a tough nut to crack and maybe a bridge too far but let us rather never say die -

hope the players really believe they CAN WIN this one - then the battle is half won .

We are playing Chelsea not Barca we are more than good enough to beat this Chelsea side.

We are playing Chelsea not Barca we are more than good enough to beat this Chelsea side.

Christ tell me about it!! All the foreigners ( not mentioning names *cough* Mirallas *cough*) have this impression that because they've got the big names, they are some unstoppable team. They beat Norwich 1-0 last week, chill the fuck out!

Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Naismith, Pienaar, Hitzlsperger, Osman, Jelavic, Anichebe

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cole, Cahill, Ivanovic, Luiz, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Torres

Have Coleman, Neville or Hibbo played more than 3 games in a row recently? Have a horrible feeling Heits is gunna cost us in this game

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Tough game We need to keep Mata under wraps today and nullify their play through the middle....

Big game for Hitzlsperger today hope He can do the above and break up their play if He can I think the other lads will cause them problems, I don't think Azpilicueta will fair well if Baines and Penut are on form!

2-1