IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea 30th Dec 13:30

Avinalaff

How about this? I filled in the voids :)

Norris

Coleman - Jagielka - Rambo- Baines

Eastwood - Osman

Mel Gibson - Van Damme - Pienaar

Jelavic

Love us to win this just to see the shit you have to say. We beat Chelsea last year 2-1 with all their little superstars and played them off the park if I remember rightly. Pipe down muppet

I personally think we should got with 3 centerhalves and two wingbacks for this one. I know we won't, but having Distin, Heitinga, and Jagielka would help to quell Chelsea's offensive firepower. I'd feel more confident if I knew Hibbert and Gibson were available.

That didnt exactly work for Villa though did it!

People made too much about Chelsea scoring the goals they did. Yes it was quality finishing but did you see the amount of time and space they were given by Villa!? They defended like a conference team and got spanked because of it. Even in the Villa game they looked shaky at the back. Luiz was good but he was also very sloppy at times. Cahill is a good defender but he isnt world class and both him and Ivanovic make mistakes when they are pressed.

Im sure they will start fast and come at us, but if we can dig in and get the first 10 mins out of the way, then we can start to impose ourselves on them. I would definitely go 4-5-1 and providing Gibson, Felli & Mirallas are out, I would get Gueye on the right, Osman, Hitz & Pienaar through the middle and Oviedo on the other wing. Not exactly a muscle packed midfield but they will work hard, which is what really matters in games like this.

Official FB page has just posted this

Moyes also reveals Seamus Coleman has 'a chance' to play against Chelsea, whilst Darron Gibson will 'be assessed'.

Personally can't see Gibson making it. Think Moyes will try to rough them up and muscle it.

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Jags Baines

Osman Neville Hitzlsperger Pienaar

Naismith

Anichebe

Will be buzzing regardless of the result, watching my first Everton game in the flesh at this one, seeing another at Newcastle. If anyone sees half a dozen Aussies in the Lower Gwlady's come say hi. We'll probably be singing all the wrong words cause its so damn hard to understand you scousers.

As for the game, I'm always quietly confident against the big boys, the Goodison fortress will work in our favour. I thought Jela should be benched but not against these guys. I think if he's ever to nick a trademark goal of his it'll be against these.

Heart says 2-1 Everton

Head says 1-1

By the way, anyone got any suggestions for where to go for a drink before/after the game? We're staying at Albert Dock so any brief directions would help as well. :P

Edited by Pearso

Will be buzzing regardless of the result, watching my first Everton game in the flesh at this one, seeing another at Newcastle. If anyone sees half a dozen Aussies in the Lower Gwlady's come say hi. We'll probably be singing all the wrong words cause its so damn hard to understand you scousers.

Hope you have a great time Pearso.....are you here yet?

I really hope we win. I have a mate who is a huge Chelsea fan. I'll never hear the end of it if Everton lose. He's also been throwing the whole Rafa issue in my face as well. COYB!

Would you be good enough to bash him about the head with a 2x4 and ask him where his little club was before 1996 ?

Most of them will probably get bored and go and glory hunt somewhere else when Ambramovich leaves and they go back to the club they were when Hoddle was in charge. It's only a matter of time.

If they do win, you can remind him of the nine league titles we won and had players like Dean, Lawton and Hickson and let him show you their great trophy haul before the last ten years and star names like Dixon or Osgood or Hollins etc

I dread a defeat off those on Sunday.

Would you be good enough to bash him about the head with a 2x4 and ask him where his little club was before 1996 ?

Most of them will probably get bored and go and glory hunt somewhere else when Ambramovich leaves and they go back to the club they were when Hoddle was in charge. It's only a matter of time.

If they do win, you can remind him of the nine league titles we won and had players like Dean, Lawton and Hickson and let him show you their great trophy haul before the last ten years and star names like Dixon or Osgood or Hollins etc

I dread a defeat off those on Sunday.

I'm an American whose only supported Everton since 2010, and even I know what a MINISCULE club Chelsea are. They are a small club bankrolled by one rich Russian. Without him, they'd be a midtable side.

Still feeling pretty confident about this, my only concern is Gibbo. We need him fit for this if we stand any chance of stopping Mata dictating play.

if he isn't available I think we need to play Hitz in the deep mid position, he's about the most solid and least error prone option we have!

Caught my first match a Goodison on Wednesday been wandering the city since then, and second will be the Chelsea game. I know there's more than a few options, can anyone recommend a particular pub for pre match pints? As I'm travelling alone I'd also be we'll up to meet with anyone who is going to the game. Cheers lads.

Caught my first match a Goodison on Wednesday been wandering the city since then, and second will be the Chelsea game. I know there's more than a few options, can anyone recommend a particular pub for pre match pints? As I'm travelling alone I'd also be we'll up to meet with anyone who is going to the game. Cheers lads.

You could go into The Winslow right next to the ground though it's always a bit too crowded for me.

Alternatively go down the County Road....walk down any of the roads off Goodison Road going away from the ground and you'll come to it....there are several to choose from along there. I've always seemed to end up in the Players Bar. Been a while since I've been thoughsad.png .

Hope you get a taker to meet up with you (I wouldsmile.png ) but seems people on here tend to stay pretty anonymous off the web....shame really.

Enjoying your trip?

Unfortunately I had to travel home yesterday and I can't make it to the game. (deep sigh)

But if you do get to have a quick pint, remember me as you sup. I will be on water all day (even deeper sigh)

OOPS good news I seem to have some Warsteiner in the fridge that needs to be taken care of.. jump for joy.gif

I think the press are going overboard on chelsea at the minute. Theyve had a few decent results but theyre only a loss away from Rafa getting it down the banks again. Lets get it right, if we get into them and dog them like we can and the crowd get with us i can see them not wanting the battle and us winning the little 50/50s over the park and us getting a 2-0 win Baines and Jelly. Only thing im worried about as usual is Howard "GOD" Webb who wont want to be seen as a homer and gives us fuck all as usual

It'll be another poor, inept and frustrating match officiating experience then?. No change there.

Is this the one (with the hair loss) that took charge of the World Cup Final between Spain and The Netherlands a year or two ago ? How the fuck did he get to officiate a game of such magnitiude.

If at Stamford Bridge we could well get fucked over by refereeing decisions but with home advantage and in front of a boisterous home support, Webb may have second thoughts about being biased or giving opposition teams favorable decisions. I sincerely hope we beat them once again, such a relief that Drogba won't be involved this time round. Not a player I like much, but he was such a dangerous player who often caused us no end of problems. If we can get at these early and gain control, we have every chance, and the venue once again gives us a good enough opportunity for victory. I'd hate to lose our unbeaten home record thus far to that club opposition.