IGNORED

Swansea

pete0

Jack here, Laudrup is doing a Mourinho this season if you havnt noticed .....and its working. If it can be pretty then we will do it so, but its not a requirement.

He's winning the league and European honours? doh.gif

Swansea were clueless today mate to be honest. We just didn't take advantage. I don't see the slightest resemblance to Mourinho.

We lost all good play when Felli dropped into midfield. He should be up there.

Coleman motm

Why cant we find a striker who can score more than in his first season? Getting fed up with Jelavic now. He is creating chances but its just not in him anymore. Another Yak?

We seriously need a striker in jan. Id love to see what Guidetti would bring to the table.

We lost all play from the first whistle! Fellaini was only getting to the odd ball and wasnt having enough impact on the game. Bar the odd blip, Swansea were dealing with our long balls easy enough.

Jelavic is a top class striker but he never really got a sniff today because of how shite we were passing the ball. When we get the ball down and pass we create chances and score goals. When we play aimless route one balls our strikers dont get involved, we dont create chances and we dont score and everyone runs onto forums to bitch about how crap our strikers are.

Fair play to Swasnsea though they do the basics well and then they can counter quickly due to the attacking players they have. We didnt do enough to make it uncomfortable for them.

He's winning the league and European honours? doh.gif

Swansea were clueless today mate to be honest. We just didn't take advantage. I don't see the slightest resemblance to Mourinho.

Avin, we dont have the team nor the means, Laudrup is doing what he can with the means available. We werent clueless, that his harsh. Swansea defended very well and everyone knew you would get your chances. We played the same way vs Chelsea and it wont always work, but we dont have millions to spend on a tall quality striker to support Michu.

While jelavic didn't get any big chances as such he needs to pull his finger out. I do think he's pissed off with the service he's getting. Jags and his hoofs get right on my tits.

I would honestly start vellios - he looks very lively and looks a handful. We need shaking up.

Avin, we dont have the team nor the means, Laudrup is doing what he can with the means available. We werent clueless, that his harsh. Swansea defended very well and everyone knew you would get your chances. We played the same way vs Chelsea and it wont always work, but we dont have millions to spend on a tall quality striker to support Michu.

Then don't go overboard with comparisons of Mourinho etc. Everybody likes an underdog, but once the underdog gets a bit cocky peoples 'Aww's' turn into 'pfff's'.

You defended against some pretty mediocre Everton attacking play, and fair play to your defenders etc, who can only keep out what's trying to get in, but other than a single Michu effort, Swansea were totally dominated by a very poor Everton.

To suggest we were thwarted because of Laudrups master plan is taking the mickey.

why has no one mentioned the passenger phil neville worst player in the league totally fucking clueless on the ball doesnt tackle or play a forward pass how he gets defended i dont no challenge anyone to tell me a player he's better than.

naismith shouldnt be in this league too.

coleman was top draw tho what a bargain finally someone with some composure cough cough jagielka, great defender terrible passer

4th is slipping away we need to win these games.

Been there much?

Visited Stockholm and Gothenburg for a few days each a few years ago. I loved it (along with the likes of Denmark and Finland).

Also regarding the game I think we played well but just coulden't break them down seeing as they had 11 men behind the ball. We had nobody on the pitch other than Coleman that was willing to run at them and that IMO was the only way we was going to break them down. It was a game that cried out for Kevin Mirallas.

Dont like to slate players but ive got to agree that Naismith just isnt strong enough, quick enough to play in this team. He may have a role as a sub but not on the wing, if he continues like this he will have no confidence. Maybe do a Beckford and get a few mill for him off the likes of West Brom, Wigan etc. Mirallas will be a huge boost when he returns but we need to be beating teams like this. Davey get a striker in now!!!

Dont like to slate players but ive got to agree that Naismith just isnt strong enough, quick enough to play in this team. He may have a role as a sub but not on the wing, if he continues like this he will have no confidence. Maybe do a Beckford and get a few mill for him off the likes of West Brom, Wigan etc. Mirallas will be a huge boost when he returns but we need to be beating teams like this. Davey get a striker in now!!!

We need to keep hold of Naismith 'cause he's on the back of my away shirt.

I think he would blossom up front myself, because he's not a winger and I just don't think he has the strength to be a midfielder, if he was up front he would at least be able to latch onto a few balls and get his name onto the score-sheet. The problem with this however is its never going to happen, he won't get ahead of Jelavic and I'd hate him to hinder the progress of Vellios.

why has no one mentioned the passenger phil neville worst player in the league totally fucking clueless on the ball doesnt tackle or play a forward pass how he gets defended i dont no challenge anyone to tell me a player he's better than.

naismith shouldnt be in this league too.

coleman was top draw tho what a bargain finally someone with some composure cough cough jagielka, great defender terrible passer

4th is slipping away we need to win these games.

i have openly aired my views about Neville - see my halftime comment - he ads no value whatsoever and looks like a traffic cop at the back directing all balls backwards to the Everton goalbox -

on top of that this player with his negative attitude is our captain and gets pulled off the pitch during 2 of our last 3 games -

maybe Mr Moyes should start there if he wants positive winning soccer from Everton

Actually thought Neville played his role perfectly today. Always on hand to stifle their half assed counter attacks. The problem was the substitution. Should have been Hitz on, not Nais. That would have left Felli up top and offered a threat from distance, which, since we weren't breaking them down, we needed.

Edited by chicagoblue

Actually thought Neville played his role perfectly today. Always on hand to stifle their half assed counter attacks. The problem was the substitution. Should have been Hitz on, not Nais. That would have left Felli up top and offered a threat from distance, which, since we weren't breaking them down, we needed.

I agree with all of the above.

Yesterday was a strange game I thought. We really didn't play well and lacked creativity but enough chances to win two games still fell our way dont know.gif . I suppose it's a positive that even when we're playing pretty badly that we still could have won this game, and won it by a few goals. Another positive from yesterday is that we managed to keep our first clean sheet in 18 games was it? Although, it wasn't particularly difficult to do this when Swansea were ultra-defensive.

That's where the positives end though.

Despite having chances to score we didn't actually test Vorm that much. I haven't checked the stats so I could very well be wrong about that, but I mostly remember us either blazing the ball over the bar (with head or foot) or our playing having those pathetic daisy cutter shots that wouldn't trouble any keeper. We were also extremely laboured in attack. We were abysmally slow going forward, the midfield just did not do a good enough job all game and it's their fault that we got nothing going and the defence had to bypass them for much of the game because of that. This wouldn't have been the end of the world if our central defenders had gotten good accuracy on their hoofs up the field. However, most of the time the forward balls were absolutely awful. I'm mostly talking about Jags here. We all know he's not a particularly accurate passer but yesterday just took the piss. We also didn't press well enough, IMO. Early on we pressed their defence high up the pitch and forced them into a mistake which we nearly scored from. That should have showed the players what was needed but we stood off them and let them have the ball too much.

Judging by Moyes' post-match comments passing the ball around like a bunch of OAP's was not the game plan, he knew we needed to move the ball quicker. So, I can only assume that we were so under par because our players are knackered. The midfield looked absolutely shagged tbh, particularly our two central midfielders.

My last comment is about Swansea. It's another game against us where I'm extremely disappointed with them. Apart from that one Michu chance they offered absolutely nothing.

Howard - He pushed that Michu chance onto the bar didn't he? I haven't watched any highlights so I've only seen it the once. That's pretty much all he had to do the whole game and thank god he did.

Coleman - While the rest of the side wandered around on their zimmer frames this lad was full of beans down the right flank. He was the only one to show any sort of endeavour going forward. He was a one man army. The only thing that let him down was probably his crossing. But most of our crosses into the box were awful tbh. I actually felt a bit sorry for him because he'd bomb forward and there'd be no midfield support whatsoever, so he either had to take on the entire Swansea defence himself or turn back and find a midfielder. My MOTM.

Jagielka - Considering he had very little to do defensively it's crazy that he still managed to have a terrible game. I wanted to strangle him for his aimless lumps forward. I don't mind the long ball if it finds it's mark but too often the ball was to no one and it annoyed me so much. I also have to wonder if he actually has a brain in that head of his after yesterday. He had Jelavic completely free in front of him at one point, held on to the ball, held on to the ball, and then Jelavic was marked and he had to play the ball backwards crying.gif . Another time we were piling on the pressure and they cleared the ball, it headed towards Jags and instead of keeping the pressure on he let the ball go past him and played it back to the fucking goalkeeper!!!!!

Distin - His forward balls weren't much better than Jags' but his pace completely nullified Dyer's pace, which was their only likely avenue of success.

Baines - He didn't look at all fit did he? He didn't commit himself as fully as he usually does so that handicapped us badly.

Anichebe - After him playing so well lately it was disappointing to see him go backwards a bit. He was in and out of the game yesterday, but more out than in unfortunately. I really don't think he should be playing out wide, he's much more useful upfront IMO, and I thought he only became effective yesterday when he was moved up top. He just doesn't have the skill set or energy levels to play out there. He can do a job there, no doubt, but it shouldn't be where he's used the most.

Osman - He looked the most tired of our players to me and because of that he was effectively useless. He's got to be our driving force in the centre of the park when his partner is Neville and he failed on that score big time. He was one of the biggest culprits of the slow, pedestrian shite that so held us back. And when Swansea had their rare forays forward they ghosted past him effortlessly. He needs a rest, and badly.

Neville - He should have been subbed much sooner, IMO. I don't think he played that badly; however, he simply wasn't needed with Swansea not really bothering to attack us. Due to that we could afford to have a more attack minded player there, and that's exactly what was needed with us struggling to break Swansea down.

Pienaar - He tried to make things happen but he either waited to long and an opportunity was gone or he put in a shit final ball. Those floated crosses (not just by him I must say) are going to be the death of me.

Fellaini - I thought he was OK but our style of play (or lack of) didn't really bring out the best in him and he struggled to make much of an impression on the game. I thought he, and we, looked much better when he was moved back into midfield. We'd been struggling to get through Swansea from midfield but when he was moved back he had numerous driving runs forward that got through them. For me, that move should have happened much earlier.

Jelavic - Really didn't have much in the way of service but still had opportunities to score. One he was unlucky not to score from when he latched on to a long ball and steered the ball towards goal and the bounce took it wide. Another chance he really should have done better with. The ball fell to him in the box and he blazed a first time left footed shot over the bar. He should have at least tested Vorm.

Another lost 2 points against opposition we should belt past. Sorry, we didn't lose points...we just really never wanted them. They were there for the taking and we let many opportunuties go by.

Why is Neville still allowed on the pitch? FFS! I missed the first 20 mins of the game, but of the rest he made his first tackle in extra time FFS! Mostly he just stood around and pointed and made obvious passes that I could have made even at my OAP age!

Too disappointed to say more...except that I was shitting myself in the last 10 mins because I thought Swansea could score...THEN I'd....Aaaaaargh!

Against Swansea, we were desperate to get a goal from somewhere. Naismith hasn't impressed me on the right wing, he seems to lose the ball, can't keep hold of it and can't make a run when a pass comes towards him either. I agree with people when they say if he was given the CF role he would blossom. He has got talent but Moyes just needs to find a way to get it out of him.....somehow.

Well at least we kept the opposition from scoring.

A home draw against this opposition is disappointing and more points lost this season against teams we should be beating, especially with home advantage. Could say they won 2 - 0 at Chelsea before this, but that's beside the point. It was above all else, a wasted opportunity once again, and we lose ground or crucial points in a champions league chase that could make all the difference at end of season.

That's about all that needs to be said on this fixture. Can only move on to subsequent games.

Edited by Dalziel Kane