IGNORED

Swansea

pete0

Expect a comfortable win as their players will be tired and their priority lies in the cups that should work in our favour as does our record against them. They've named a strong squad today and after our game have a replay against Arsenal midweek.

2-0 Jelavic and Anichebe. Possibly more if our players are up for it.

There you go - don't know what people were waiting for, as I wasn't going to do this

We are at home for this I think, and they face the plastics in the League Cup semi-finals and another replay game coming up, so they're going to be involved for a while with lots to concentrate on. I think with home advantage that should be enough and the capabilities we have, and it looks set to continue our charge for a champions league place, but you never can tell what will happen.

Everton 3 Swansea City 2

Some will be too young to remember but when we played them between 1981 - 83 (in the old first division) they had a very good side and one of our former great players in Robert Latchford. They even went top of the league for a while I recall, so point being, they haven't always been 'shit' so to speak whenever they've played. Ok they may not have beaten us in those games, but they had a very decent team for a while and got a lot of surprise, but deserving results back at the time.

Swansea don't like to play us, so hopefully that will continue. I'm confident it will as we're in good form, Swansea playing tonight as well.

Got a feeling we'll keep a clean sheet here, about time as well, our last one was against them too if I recall correctly!

2-0, Jelavic and Pienaar

There you go - don't know what people were waiting for, as I wasn't going to do this

We are at home for this I think, and they face the plastics in the League Cup semi-finals and another replay game coming up, so they're going to be involved for a while with lots to concentrate on. I think with home advantage that should be enough and the capabilities we have, and it looks set to continue our charge for a champions league place, but you never can tell what will happen.

Everton 3 Swansea City 2

I cant see us conceding two goals to swansea at home at all. Obviously we wont keep a clean sheet though!!

After the win a few days ago I think ill go for 3-1

Edited by AidanLewis

Swansea just need to be pressed high up the pitch like we have done every time we have played them. They will play all day if you let them, but get in their faces and close them down and they cant deal with.

Have to say I do like the look of Leon Britton. He reminds me a lot of Osman, although didnt realise until I just checked that he was 30!

I like the Swansea team, good goalie, i like De Guzman aswell and Laudrup if he does well next year could be a contender to take over us if Moysie ever goes. Gonna be a tough game but like everybody has said theyve had a tough week and i think we will be one game too far for them. I think if Leighton has a knock we should leave him out and play Oviedo who i think is going to be a player. Think we will win 4-2 Vic,Felli,Jelly2

Well a clean sheet isn't going to happen is it ? In all probability, as we just can't stop those damn goals going in.

And if they get one, there's every chance they can get a second.

Once again, on the day anything can happen, and I just felt it's going to be a classic contest with lots of goals at each end but we will finish in front.

I like Laudrup alot, he seems like an honest bloke and his signings this season have been somewhat inspired, well Michu has proved an absolute steal, especially considering they signed him as a holding midfielder!

Saying that, we definitely have it in us to win this one comfortably if we play as well as we can. I REALLY want a clean sheet though!

Everton 2 Swansea 0 ( Pienaar / Osman)

I think they will need to worry about us more than us them.

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

I know our form is better but we don't want to be complacent. They'll take confidence from beating Chelsea away, even if it was a cup game.

Having said that, like I said in my prediction, we should win this comfortably 2-0.

I think that if we play like we did against Chelsea ( first half) we should win it comfortably. But we only played that well because it was a big team like Chelsea, I hope we take the same attitude into this game. If we don't we may slip up!

Edited by MoyesForPM

I think that this is a tougher game than most seem to think. Swansea will be on a high after beating Chelsea. But it is at GP and that obviously helps. Cant see us keeping a clean sheet for this one though so Im going to say 2-1

Will Felli still be around for this game? If he is, he will be on the score sheet.

Felli and Osman for Everton. If Felli is in London or Manchester ill have Pienaar and Osman as goal scorers.

Crappy own goal for Swansea.

Edited by Peter H

Swansea is a very disciplined side with a tight defense and with a nasty bite in Michu up front -

Michu is a much better striker than anything Everton has to offer - at least this season - give him half a chance and he hurts you - type of player we badly miss at the moment in Everton-

if you can neutralize Michu you are halfway there - the other half is to get through their defense - something which a strong dominating Chelsea could not do - not even with Ba -

with our 2 attacking left and right backs we are vulnerable against their breakaway style of play -

our main striker misfiring for a while now is a further cause for concern -

we will have to play much better up front and at the back than we have been averaging so far this season if we want to beat Swansea -

i agree with Avinalaff - " if we don't we wont "

I'm not one for optimism but can't see beyond a home success for tomorrow. Yes they had a standout result midweek and every now and again can play some decent soccer and have one or two names of recognition that can cause problems. They'll maybe have one eye on that Arsenal replay and the second game with Chelsea coming up. They're not home and dry yet

We'll maybe let one in again as there's no such thing as opposition sides leaving us with a clean sheet anymore, but with home advantage and the players we possess, we'll get more than them tomorrow and subsequently, the victory, to keep focus on those champions league places.

Im nervous about today. Dont have to watch it on my ipad today either as its on swedish tv.

I want to see Mirallas feature but not from start. Apparently available according to skysports. Need to ease him in.

You're Swedish? Please tell me about how awesome your country is so I can live vicariously through you. I'm going to look like an idiot if you're just on vacation.

This is going to be a tough match. Swansea is going to match our grittiness and physical mentality. Could see this ending as a 1-1 draw but I'm hoping for the three points.