IGNORED

Kim Shin Wook

Snob! Shinji Kagawa was signed by Dortmund from the second tier in Japan. It's good that there are scouts in Asia.

Dont get me wrong, its great that Everton are scouting the foreign leagues for unknown cheap talent but what we need right now is someone we know will put the ball in the net. Someone like Henry. Old as fuck, would score a few.

Sign this guy up if he is any good but dont stop looking for other strikers. If we can afford both that is.

I'm pretty sure the league is shit: a couple of players from Belgium's second division have been moving there of late and are actually doing well there. However that doesn't mean there can't be a good player in a bad league. On second thought, this guy has scored 10 in 28 games this season, one of those 2nd division Belgians (Kevin Oris) has scored 10 in 27, so I doubt Kim Shin Wook will be good enough to make it over here. It's a daily mail rumour anyway, so who really cares.

If we sign a striker it needs to be someone who is(or has the potential to be) a proven goalscorer, if not from this country then hopefully someone from one of the better European Leagues. The right man competing would hopefully push Jelavic back into form, and push us into a CL spot. I really think the Korean League is out of our league for now so to speak rolleyes.gif

Any striker coming in though i reckon is only going to be on loan any way, i don't see us signing anyone/

Edited by Simon

Probably not had the money

I think this is more likely. Bent would probably be available for 7-10 million at the moment, despite being massively out of favour. Surely if Villa dont want him theyd want him off their wage bill, he muist be on big bucks. Hmmm perhaps thats another reason why we havent gone for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Been linked again today on talkSPORT, us and QPR ( who else?!!) apparently.

Just watched a vid on youtube, he's fookin massive! Could be an interesting prospect, Korean football league doesn't look great but he's athletic, can head the ball well and hits the ball first time well ( a la jelly last year!).

Edited by MoyesForPM

Just can't see this happening. For all his size advantage in the Korean league he's not even averaging 1 in 3. Unless he's available in the Vellios price range that is. Would far rather see us pick up a pacy, tricky forward who wants to run in behind than another behemoth for us to launch air mail towards.

http://youtu.be/VD4c4rJG03w