IGNORED

Why are we stuck in this rut?

Avinalaff

I'm talking the Telegraph one Bill, no joker in that....always my priority because there's prize moneysmile.png .

Yeah, Its a bit more difficult doing that one, I'm hanging about in fifth place just in front of the Beard, btw where is he. ???

Pete0 is the man, this week he has just gone to Number .1

Telegraph-21_zpsc0a05946.jpg

Edited by Bill

Yeah, Its a bit more difficult doing that one, I'm hanging about in fifth place just in front of the Beard, btw where is he. ???

Pete0 is the man, this week he has just gone to Number .1

Telegraph-21_zpsc0a05946.jpg

After 15 weeks at number 2,yay.gif.

Although I've only got 7 subs left, so it's time for Jelavic to pull his finger out.

The transfers will be handy, I doubt I'll be a head much longer. I wasted a lot of mine for players who then didn't start the next game :(.

Div 1 Position 14777. There must have been very few points separating the divisions. I'm 22826 overall so might have just scraped in the top one. Guessing you've gained 50 points over the average score since the cut off.

Wow, just checked the leader board and the guy who's top has a few teams ranked and is looking at winning £35,800 as it stands.

Div 1 Position 14777. There must have been very few points separating the divisions. I'm 22826 overall so might have just scraped in the top one. Guessing you've gained 50 points over the average score since the cut off.

Yeah....good points in the last two weeks....but still only 38,335 overall; div one is impressive!!

Been doing the Telegraph for twenty plus years....one day I'll I'll win somethingdry.png .

Yeah....good points in the last two weeks....but still only 38,335 overall; div one is impressive!!

Been doing the Telegraph for twenty plus years....one day I'll I'll win somethingdry.png .

Thanks, if I get any prize money I promised to share it with you earlier in the season, only 250 points to catch up and we'll be quids in happy.png .

Only joined as it's free, but might pay to play next year. After the premierleague.com fantasy I'd say its got the best format. I like how it gives the non-Everton games that little extra viewing value. There mustn't be any Scottish in you, after 7 tries it's time to give up aha tongue.png

Edited by pete0

I'll try and get this back on topic then!

Plain and simple, injuries.

If you press the 'pick team' button, then the cross on the injured player ............. major overreaction alert.giflaugh.png

I'm surprised Hitz hasn't been involved. We need a player in my opinion that is always in the middle directing the flow of the play.

If you press the 'pick team' button, then the cross on the injured player ............. major overreaction alert.giflaugh.png

I'm surprised Hitz hasn't been involved. We need a player in my opinion that is always in the middle directing the flow of the play.

Exactly, he's more of a Gibson-esque player than Neville is and it's shown that when we play with Gibson we play MUCH better. Seems to make sense to me.

I said quite some time ago, Neville should only ever play at right back. If he is an option for our midfield then we need to seriously look at ourselves, in that position he is possibly the most ineffective player in the league.

Moyes absolutely worships the ground he walks on, thats for sure.

The problem is centre midfield it very weak an easy solution until gibson is back is switch fellaini and Osman around and play less high balls, we know this won't happen though. Hitzlsperger is a better player then Neville, who for me is becoming an embarrassment and is weakening our team.

Then we have Naismith who should be nowhere near the first team he is truly an awful footballer. Hopefully Mirallas will be fully fit and back on the right.

Jelavic will find his form again and I think he suffers when fellaini plays up top. He suffers when we have no creativity coming through the middle and our left hand side is shut down. He suffers because 3 of our back 5 kick hopeless long balls on a consistent basis.

All in all, we need Gibson and Mirallas back and a new centre mid. That's my feelings.

I don't think Nev has been that bad to be fair to the lad.

He doesn't offer anything at all though and it's no coincidence that our centre midfield gets over run most weeks by teams deemed lower than us who play a pressure game against us, so the job he is there to do which is protect the back four doesn't work, he doesn't offer any protection at all.

On top of that he certainly is no play maker, our defenders don't trust him with the ball and so hoof it even more than they normally do. I personally feel his time as a first team regular is long gone. I like the lad as captain mind but he's a declining footballer.

I don't disagree that Nev is not at his best, but there is a bandwagon encircling him at present, which I'm not sure he deserves. He does the job asked of him by Moyes, and that job is not a creative one. He puts important tackles in, which would get Jags motm if it were him, and he doesn't lose the ball too much (everybody has moments).

Until we can get better on the pitch, he will probably keep his place.

The players I think should be doing better are Osman, Pienaar, Jagielka, Baines, Naismith, and Jelavic. All are below their best at the moment.

This is the points table for the last 15 games of last season, we got 27 pts. If we can replicate that sort of form then we can finish above Spurs and Chelsea, esp when the Europa League kicks in again! Obvs fixture list will be different but gives an idea.

Aaarggghh, can't seem to embed the table but essentially.............

Arsenal 33 points

Everton 27 points

Chelsea 22 points

Spurs 20 points

Edited by SharpysVolley

This is the points table for the last 15 games of last season, we got 27 pts. If we can replicate that sort of form then we can finish above Spurs and Chelsea, esp when the Europa League kicks in again! Obvs fixture list will be different but gives an idea.

Aaarggghh, can't seem to embed the table but essentially.............

Arsenal 33 points

Everton 27 points

Chelsea 22 points

Spurs 20 points

Maybe but Spurs had a freakishly shite 2nd half of the season last year because of all the Redknapp/England mess. I don't expect the same this year!