Southampton (H)...Nikica Jelavic

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Jags for me, looked like the only one who gave a rats arse and the only one who looked to create something!! From our fucking CB!! That's how bad we were!! Osman and Gibson were non existent!! Osman is getting on my tits lately, don't know if he needs a rest or what but he looks so flat it's embarrassing watching him at the minute.

Same old Same old.... I really dont want to sound too harsh on them and will try my best not to, but here it goes....

That game typifies the gulf in difference between a top four side and us.... We are just not clinical enough as a team... Every player needs two touches before passing, we desperately need speed in our team when counter attacking, We are so obvious in our attacks sometimes and the most dissapointing of that whole game was, i honestly thought at one point that we had a cup final around the corner with the ammount of half hearted tackles in that game..

I have never seen an everton side lose so many 50/50 challenges in a game before... Pienaar is soooo frustrating at the moment and is not direct enough in his game... Takes too many touches and goes around in circles, I'm starting to wonder if he'd be half the player if baines wasn't up his arse...

I really think it's harsh that Gibson is being singled out here... At least we have a player that gets the ball from the back and brings midfielders into play... Might not set the world alight but the majority possesion in the latter stages of the first half were down to him...

Can anyone give me an example of the last time one of our players played a through ball whilst a striker was hanging off his last man, shrugged him off, beat the offside trap and slotted home... I cant cause all i can see is the same old pas, pass, pass (crab style) to neville only to throw in a eight year olds cross...

And to end on this note,,, Can someone tell osman to put his boots on the right feet cause his shots are becoming as week as heitinga's consentration..

Rant over!!! Sorry!

Nobody really stands out, so I'll go with Timmy because he made a few fantastic saves and deserved better. And because I'm biased biggrin.png

Thought Tim didn't do much wrong to be honest, the first goal came from piss poor defending and I don't think you can really blame him for falling for RVP's dummy considering how fast he was coming at him and considering it was a 1 on 1. Mirallas put in the effort today along with Jagielka but I'm really struggling to pick out a stand along 'MOTM' considering the overall performance was so woeful.

no vote from me, we should really have a blank option available, just to be able to see at the end of the season. Perhaps blank would be our best player.

Something to think about mike0?

Yeah possibly...we've thought about it in the past...mostly when we've been on a shit run of form and it came up every week; not been too much call for it this season luckily.

Sometimes when we've had a shitter, I vote for a consistent second best player like Baines to get their overall votes up.

I cant really understand what you are saying Pete.

If you know who the 2nd Best player is you will know who is the best player overall, so it seems silly to vote for somebody else just because the team had a shit day. dont%20know.gif

I cant really understand what you are saying Pete.

If you know who the 2nd Best player is you will know who is the best player overall, so it seems silly to vote for somebody else just because the team had a shit day. dont%20know.gif

Players in previous matches who put in a great performance, but were pipped to the motm.

Silly suggestion, you only vote for one player anyway, the other ten are all left blank. So if you dont want to vote for anybody just dont vote.

Simples.

Its not about that, its about displaying your disappointment with the teams performance and getting the vote registered. I didn't vote this time, but no-one will remember that next week because there's no record of it.

When you vote blank in the elections the blank votes are counted.

Its not about that, its about displaying your disappointment with the teams performance and getting the vote registered. I didn't vote this time, but no-one will remember that next week because there's no record of it.

When you vote blank in the elections the blank votes are counted.

You can see it by the volume of votes, only 24 people have bothered this week. At the end of the season there will be an ambiguos showing of it, if there's a disparity between the total votes and the number of individual motm's won.

Edited by pete0

.When you vote blank in the elections the blank votes are counted.

Yeah Pete but there's nothing to say who the blank players are.

This is the best way .........

Man of the match winners and who against 2012/13

5- Baines ...... Newcastle, Wigan, Arsenal, Newcastle, West Brom

4- Osman ...... West Brom, West Ham, Wigan, Cheltenham (Fa Cup)

4- Fellaini ...... Man Utd, Fulham, Sunderland, Aston Villa

2- Howard ..... Southampton, Bolton (Fa Cup)

2- Coleman .... Spurs, Swansea

2- Mirallas ..... Liverpool, L Orient (L cup)

2- Anichebe.... Swansea (A), Leeds (L cup)

2- Jelavic ....... Southampton, Man City

2- Pienaar ..... Aston Villa, Stoke City

1- Jagielka ..... Q P Rangers

1- Hitzlsperg ...Reading

1- Oviedo ....... Norwich

1- Distin .........Chelsea

Fellaini is well ahead of Osman and Baines with the votes although he hasnt won MotM As many times as Baines.

That cant be right.

Edited by Bill

Went with Jags. if it wasnt for his pace we would have been out done many times. Recovery rate was excellent too.

I am going to upset people by saying this i know, but it's just how i saw it :)

Honourable mention for Pienaar as i thought although not much came off, it wasnt for the lack of trying. I also thought he looked the most menacing for us.

Mirallas is my favourite player this season, absolutely love the guy, but i am struggling to see why he is getting mentioned a lot at the moment. I thought he looked ineffective, off the pace, and struggling to get his match fitness back. I am not critising him as this is perfectly understandable after missing so much football. I cannot wait to see him back to his explosive best like at the start of the season. But at the moment he doesnt look very effective for us.

Please dont take this is a critism though as there is not a player in our squad i would pick ahead of him. Just how i am seeing it at the moment and i could be missing something maybe!

Honourable mention for Pienaar as i thought although not much came off, it wasnt for the lack of trying. I also thought he looked the most menacing for us.

Mirallas is my favourite player this season, absolutely love the guy, but i am struggling to see why he is getting mentioned a lot at the moment. I thought he looked ineffective, off the pace, and struggling to get his match fitness back. I am not critising him as this is perfectly understandable after missing so much football. I cannot wait to see him back to his explosive best like at the start of the season. But at the moment he doesnt look very effective for us.

Please dont take this is a critism though as there is not a player in our squad i would pick ahead of him. Just how i am seeing it at the moment and i could be missing something maybe!

I don't understand how you can give an honorable mention to Pienaar and then critique Mirallas. If you hadn't mentioned Pienaar earlier in your post I would have assumed you'd got their names mixed up.

Damn you PeteO!

Didnt expect anyone to hit me so quickly.

My thoughts are my own friend. I saw it as Pienaar trying to spin and turn each time he recieved the ball. Plenty of running. trying the one-twos with Bainsey. i just thought that it was one of those days that the work rate was there but not the result.

With Mirallas i thought he looked off the pace and when he had chance to cut inside and let fly with what we know he has, he turned back to the wings for a lay-off and cross from Nev. I thought he looked a lot slower than i remember him too. But i put all this down to recovering from his lay-off and dont mean to critique him in any way...although i obviously did. But i meant it in a fair way.

I will say this is from watching it on TV and not at Goodison btw.