IGNORED

Frank Lampard

The Daily Star (I know!) are this morning reporting that we are trying to sign Frank Lampard. I didn't believe a word of it. But I go on this footie website and they tell the truth about all of the newspaper gossip. They are saying we ARE interested.

Do you ever read it? They got everything spot on in the January transfer window. They've just posted up about the newspaper reporting our interest in Lampard.

http://www.nononsensefootball.com/are-everton-hoping-to-sign-frank-lampard/

What do you think? He's a super player, but surely we won't be able to pay his wages.

Lampards father of course scored a memorable goal against Everton in an FA cup semi-final some will remember. I felt we could have beat Arsenal that year.

Lampard of today, is a very good player, but I don't like him much. Always scored against us, and merely plays for a club team I have no love lost for.

Always reminds me of Gerrard, as they're such good midfield players and two of the very best Europe has to offer, although both now past their supreme best. But while Lampard is a useful and important squad member, not sure he would ever be an Everton player now.

Lampard would be a good signing for two years i reckon. he is fit as fook and his goal record speaks for itself but if what you hear is true he is after and will get £100 k a week, your not telling me Fergie wont take him? Course he will. Look at his record, Blanc, Larson all did a job and so will Lampard

Edited by Tricky Trev

All the elephants used to make their final stroll to goodison to die, I'm not sure there is enough space after the memories of ginola, gazza, mark Hughes, valente, neill, vdm showing fans what the ageing process (in some neglect) does to them.

Don't want him, he would be a luxury. Would sooner have Cahill back. Same team sacrifices need to be made.

People thought the world was flat once also..

You wouldn't have three pitchers of beer and call Jo Brand beautiful merely because you thought it, and then realized your mistake the next morning. I think that's what basically what you had here.

Back to Lampard, (who incidentally does resemble the above picture - you can just imagine him at half time munching some eucalyptus leaves) - you have to tell yourself that the player will never arrive here. It's something you can never envisage - as in, Lampard playing for Everton. It's not going to happen.