IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, StevO said:

That should be disregarded when it comes to this. It’s completely irrelevant to ticket prices. 

The football club has everything to do with the ticketing. 
The charity does the good work in the community. 

The club and charity are linked, they are not one and the same. 

Of cause they are the fucking same, the charity doesn’t exist without the club

Everything the charity does is in the name of the club and is because of the club

The work EITC do is highly relevant to us being called the people’s club, even if that wasn’t exactly what Moyes meant when he coined the phrase, and I just don’t think it’s fair to ignore all of that and say we are not the people’s club because of the ticket prices , which are still very reasonable IMO 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Of cause they are the fucking same, the charity doesn’t exist without the club

Everything the charity does is in the name of the club and is because of the club

The work EITC do is highly relevant to us being called the people’s club, even if that wasn’t exactly what Moyes meant when he coined the phrase, and I just don’t think it’s fair to ignore all of that and say we are not the people’s club because of the ticket prices , which are still very reasonable IMO 

Everything the charity does carries the clubs name, that doesn’t mean everything the club does represents the charity. They are two arms of the same organisation, but they are not the same. 

By your logic we shouldn’t criticise the way the football club is run because the charity does a good job. That’s bloody ridiculous. By this token I guess you are no longer upset about the week in Bournemouth as the charity did a great job while the football club didn’t. 

It’s possible to do something well and something poorly, one doesn’t have to make up for the other. And in this case I see no relevance to the work EITC do and ticket prices. Feel free to make a case in how they are relevant to each other. 

I’ve not mentioned the peoples club in this, as I’ve not been a fan of the club taking it on and using it. Doesn’t mean anything to me other than a nice comment from David Moyes, so I try to avoid discussing it and won’t use it to praise or criticise the club. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just renewed for £1020 for me and two for the girls and after seeing the breakdown I really don’t think that’s too bad. Works out at £ 11:05 a game for the kids and £31:58 for me.

I appreciate that’s a lot of money for some people but still think it’s a bit OTT to start bashing the club over the people’s club tag and disregarding all the work they do in the community 🤷🏻‍♂️

All leisure activities and entertainment carry a cost, it's a personal decision if you want to pay it. We've just sold a boat and had loads of good times on it but it was like throwing money down the drain with the costs associated. A season ticket to Goodison would suit me if I were closer and on the list!!

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

Everything the charity does carries the clubs name, that doesn’t mean everything the club does represents the charity. They are two arms of the same organisation, but they are not the same. 

By your logic we shouldn’t criticise the way the football club is run because the charity does a good job. That’s bloody ridiculous. By this token I guess you are no longer upset about the week in Bournemouth as the charity did a great job while the football club didn’t. 

It’s possible to do something well and something poorly, one doesn’t have to make up for the other. And in this case I see no relevance to the work EITC do and ticket prices. Feel free to make a case in how they are relevant to each other. 

I’ve not mentioned the peoples club in this, as I’ve not been a fan of the club taking it on and using it. Doesn’t mean anything to me other than a nice comment from David Moyes, so I try to avoid discussing it and won’t use it to praise or criticise the club. 

That’s not what I’m saying at all, and I’m sure you know that

This is the quote from zoo I’m referring to

“Everton should take a leaf out of Bayern Munich's book. The Peoples Club? One of the most laughable "mottos" I've ever seen”

The people’s club now is more a reference to how ingrained the club is to the local community and what it does for them 

So I just think that is way OTT to say that’s laughable just because of a modest rise in ticket prices

Me being furious at how shite we were at Bournemouth does not equate to me thinking they are no longer a force for good off the field

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That’s not what I’m saying at all, and I’m sure you know that

This is the quote from zoo I’m referring to

“Everton should take a leaf out of Bayern Munich's book. The Peoples Club? One of the most laughable "mottos" I've ever seen”

The people’s club now is more a reference to how ingrained the club is to the local community and what it does for them 

So I just think that is way OTT to say that’s laughable just because of a modest rise in ticket prices

Not sure why you’re arguing with me about the peoples club then. Speak to Zoo. 

The people’s club is nothing more than a throw away phrase to me. Nothing to do with anything about the club or EITC, I’d rather it just wasn’t a thing. 

Neither the people’s club or EITC has the slightest thing to do with ticket prices. 

11 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

All leisure activities and entertainment carry a cost, it's a personal decision if you want to pay it. We've just sold a boat and had loads of good times on it but it was like throwing money down the drain with the costs associated. A season ticket to Goodison would suit me if I were closer and on the list!!

You should have had a chat with Matt before you got rid of that boat. 😂

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not sure why you’re arguing with me about the peoples club then. Speak to Zoo. 

The people’s club is nothing more than a throw away phrase to me. Nothing to do with anything about the club or EITC, I’d rather it just wasn’t a thing. 

Neither the people’s club or EITC has the slightest thing to do with ticket prices. 

I never said they did, I said a modest rise in ticket prices shouldn’t mean the club are not deserving of Peoples Club moniker

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I never said they did, I said a modest rise in ticket prices shouldn’t mean the club are not deserving of Peoples Club moniker

Then I’ve no idea what you’re talking about with me then, as I’ve not mentioned peoples club. 

On 26/11/2022 at 07:22, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've mentally checked out really, in my head I'll be going next season to say goodbye to Goodison, would like to then spend season at BMD and then in truth I think I'll be calling it quits.

The enjoyment of Everton has slowly been sucked out of me, to the point where going every game in rain, hail or shine just isn't that exciting anymore. The fact that they are increasing prices makes me sick, because of those that still love going but will be priced out.

Everton should take a leaf out of Bayern Munich's book. The Peoples Club? One of the most laughable "mottos" I've ever seen. 

Can't say I blame you the club is a joke on and off the pitch. We cant even have a reasonable midtable team its just constant shambolic mismanagement and decline and I can't see it changing unless we are taken over. And the club have the cheek to increase prices when we are dping nothing but fail they don't deserve the fans we have!

Re the squad it isn't good enough in forward areas we've sold or lost most of our creativity and goals the last few years. That being said as much as I don't think it helps to keep hiring and firing managers because then none of them can ever rebuild the squad, Frank and the team must start doing better tactically and performance wise starting when we come back or he's under pressure we can't afford to go down.

2 minutes ago, Billwelshblue said:

Can't say I blame you the club is a joke on and off the pitch. We cant even have a reasonable midtable team its just constant shambolic mismanagement and decline and I can't see it changing unless we are taken over.

Re the squad it isn't good enough in forward areas we've sold or lost most of our creativity and goals the last few years. That being said as much as I don't think it helps to keep hiring and firing managers because then none of them can ever rebuild the squad, Frank and the team must start doing better tactically and performance wise starting when we come back or he's under pressure we can't afford to go down.

I fully expect Lampard to be sacked before the end of the season and I just can't be arsed with it. Pick a manager, sack them inside 18 months without the board taking an ounce of accountability. Rinse. And. Repeat. 

Lampard probably isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but scrapping his plans and starting again for the 46th time is just boring, predictable and ultimately inept. It's a bit like having a ship that's sinking due to the amount of screws missing, and firing the cook over and over again because they serve shit food.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I fully expect Lampard to be sacked before the end of the season and I just can't be arsed with it. Pick a manager, sack them inside 18 months without the board taking an ounce of accountability. Rinse. And. Repeat. 

Lampard probably isn't the best thing since sliced bread, but scrapping his plans and starting again for the 46th time is just boring, predictable and ultimately inept. It's a bit like having a ship that's sinking due to the amount of screws missing, and firing the cook over and over again because they serve shit food.

Agree mate even Carlo Ancelotti couldn't get us going the rot goes deeper than the manager, to the owner and board down. I agree I would rather keep one manager who can build over seasons it's the only answer, hiring and firing won't solve our problems. But the performances and results have to be a minimum level too, we need to see a direction and style of play but currently we are inept and the tactics are naive. I have sympathy for him with the cards he has been dealt but we also can't afford to go down. 

Still fuming over this, the most corrupt performance from a Ref ever

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-mark-clattenburg-everton-25630413

He says Gerrard didn’t say anything to him but the picture in the article literally shows him pleading with him for the red card!

As does this

It was also two stonewall pens he denied us not one

On 07/12/2022 at 18:21, Gwlad all over said:

Don't know whether to answer this or not!!

Well is the farce that it’s another three weeks until the game?

is the farce Everton generally being shit?

is the farce the World Cup this time of year?

Im not sure who you have the issue with. 

If it’s Everton (being in the Everton thread) I’m not sure what they have done wrong to be a farce right now. 😂

27 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Still fuming over this, the most corrupt performance from a Ref ever

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-moyes-mark-clattenburg-everton-25630413

He says Gerrard didn’t say anything to him but the picture in the article literally shows him pleading with him for the red card!

As does this

It was also two stonewall pens he denied us not one

I remember this like it was yesterday, the camera angle not shown in this clip you can clearly see Gerrard say “he’s got to go” and then he swaps the card. 
Was this the last time he refereed us for years? 

22 hours ago, StevO said:

Well is the farce that it’s another three weeks until the game?

is the farce Everton generally being shit?

is the farce the World Cup this time of year?

Im not sure who you have the issue with. 

If it’s Everton (being in the Everton thread) I’m not sure what they have done wrong to be a farce right now. 😂

Sorry, should have made it clear, it is a winter World Cup in a shitty country.