IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

https://www.football365.com/news/which-premier-league-teams-are-on-tv-the-most-sky-sports-tnt

I was quite suprised to see this. We seemed to do OK in the number of game shown on TV this season. Each game on TV apparently gets a 'facility fee' , which is around £1.2m per teleivised game. We had the joint 7th most TV appearances.

I would hazard a guess there has been a bit of a morbid curiosity around Everton's relegation battle this season -  based on number of game  mid table teams got, I would say it bagged us an extra 5 TV outings - So maybe an additional £6m TV revenue than maybe we would have got if we'ed simply been a mid table team throughout the year. 

It only kind of makes up for some of the prize money our points deduction cost us, but every penny counts!!!!

On 20/05/2024 at 09:26, Romey 1878 said:

Meanwhile, Villa have gotten rid of Castore after they were a bit of a nightmare for them and changed to Adidas.

Leak...no idea if it's genuine:huh:

95dffff6-f352-46bb-b09c-dd8a459dcc2d.jpeg

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I prefer the no lapels look so if that is the new design I’d be happy. 

Not overly fussed whether it has lapels or not, but it does look decent. Most importantly, for me, it's the right shade of Blue.

On 25/05/2024 at 11:51, MikeO said:

Not overly fussed whether it has lapels or not, but it does look decent. Most importantly, for me, it's the right shade of Blue.

I'm a bit disappointed they haven't done anything special for our last season at Goodison.

lots of talk about us having to sell players before end of June at reduced fee (as I would guess lots of clubs can't buy before July due to there own PSR needs).

However, we have a rough idea of the punishment, between 2-4 points probably. Is it best to take it on the chin (maybe try and argue it lower), and simply sell/buy any players when it best suits us financially.

Personnally, I would rather a 3 point deduction than give Man U or any others a bargain. It sets a bit of a precident that we don't sell out players on the cheap. You want them, then pay the going rate, period.

30 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

lots of talk about us having to sell players before end of June at reduced fee (as I would guess lots of clubs can't buy before July due to there own PSR needs).

However, we have a rough idea of the punishment, between 2-4 points probably. Is it best to take it on the chin (maybe try and argue it lower), and simply sell/buy any players when it best suits us financially.

Personnally, I would rather a 3 point deduction than give Man U or any others a bargain. It sets a bit of a precident that we don't sell out players on the cheap. You want them, then pay the going rate, period.

I'd take another 8 rather than bow down to the league when they fuck around with the City and Chelsea shit and I seriously hope the club stand firm. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Thought Warrington was well thought of?

Disappointed for him. Tidy player good energy just lacks stature and athleticism from what I could see. Hope he makes a good career for himself 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

For all we know Warrington was offered a new contract and turned it down.

Could be, especially when Dyche rates him, so I would be very surprised if he wasn’t given some sort of offer.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The club don't believe they'll be in breach this time around, for what it's worth.

we've heard that before. Seem what our accounting people think is acceptable/allowable is not the same as what the PL and independent commissions beleive it to be. You would think it should be relatively straight forward, but there must be grey areas.

It just he way it get reported by all sorts of clowns in the media that Everton have to do this, that and the other and sell players, firesale blah blah blah. When if fact we can just say fuck it, we will breach PSR (and fight it out) rather than sell players on cheap and just make the strong stronger.