IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

But that was abysmal defending, not a spectacular goal, per se. As a favourite, though, I would agree.

Abysmal defending or not, if that had been CR7 the media would've been besides themselves over the movement and sheer height of the jump.

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You do know they aren't our sponsors anymore, right? :lol: 

He may not it’s been a long time since he was seen on here, reminds me of Moshiri a bit he owns the club and never goes to the games, Louis owns the site and rarely posts 😂 

Apologies Louis I saw the opportunity and couldn’t resist. 

It potentially buys some 'goodwill' if there is indeed more to come at the beginning of next season covering a breach for the same financial year.

now the two points this season are neither here or there, but if it saves a single point for next year its worth dropping the appeal.

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Strange but makes sense just in case they'd whack on more!

Wonder why though?

They'd have never added more on. Not strictly impossible but it just wouldn't have happened. If they didn't do it to Forest they wouldn't have done it to us.

I can sort of understand them withdrawing the appeal but I wish we'd kept at it and made things as awkward and difficult for the PL as possible.

23 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Strange but makes sense just in case they'd whack on more!

Wonder why though?

I don’t think they add on more points in lost appeals for football. 

I’m with Matt. It feels like we’ve conceded that the original deduction was fair and just. No we have to just keep quiet and not act like victims.

On 10/05/2024 at 15:54, Romey 1878 said:

Oh and @RuffRob, I go it wrong. If we went into administration before the last game of the season the 9 points deduction would be for this season.

But, administration is so much more than a points deduction. It really would be disastrous.

my point was if we HAD to go in to administration, then this is the week to do it, rather than in a month or so's time. We now have required points buffer.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

my point was if we HAD to go in to administration, then this is the week to do it, rather than in a month or so's time. We now have required points buffer.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

With 40 points now, we'd still be safe.

It's not about being safe.

People keep going on about this 9 points we'd lose as if that's all that administration means.

On 12/05/2024 at 10:06, Romey 1878 said:

I made this point a few weeks ago, should a club be allowed to off set lost prize money caused by PSR? Especially for the first ever case, because nobody knew was would happen. 

otherwise it just becomes a stick that keeps on beating, especially for clubs to who £10-15m is a notable amount of their revenue.

the issue for me is there will be no straight answer from the PL on this situation, so will have to be argued by lawyers again for 3 or 4 months, and then maybe appealed. 

18 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They released more space for stones on Everton Way this morning, so I've just got myself one.

Saw that, but won't let me log in, says I have no account registered to my email...so I'm trying to re-register, but cant find a way to do so:crying:

Scrub that, you dn't need to be logged in to buy one it seems.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Saw that, but won't let me log in, says I have no account registered to my email...so I'm trying to re-register, but cant find a way to do so:crying:

Scrub that, you dn't need to be logged in to buy one it seems.

Yeah, I didn't have an account either, you activate it once you've bought it.

I just went for the £99 stone. Might add the certificate on as well at some point.