IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

It must be lower (for one of the shite euro comps) because that stat would suggest that 10th is good enough for Europe.

(11pts from Bottom 3, but 10 pts from euro)

....I think the point is to add our points deduction back on. Which, let's ne honest, we need to do to have a fair assessment of the season.

12 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Doesn't seem significant, but with each place higher up the league now being worth an extra £3m+ in prize money, climbing an extra place or two would be handy for the coffers.

Is it £3m now?! So my post in about the points being a double punishment should've said £6m fine.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Doesn't seem significant, but with each place higher up the league now being worth an extra £3m+ in prize money, climbing an extra place or two would be handy for the coffers.

Absolutely. That's another reason why I didn't really get why some Everton fans have said we shouldn't have appealed, why some have said now that we're safe we should withdraw the appeal.

The only way I can see us withdrawing the appeal is if Forest don't get anything back from theirs (due to have the verdict any day now).

Just want to say that NOT playing in The Championship is a really big (perhaps the biggest) thing for me. Even if the EPL are currently a bunch of shortsighted, corrupt bastards. Where there's a lot of money corruption and the likes will happen ... seen enough of examples of that.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolutely. That's another reason why I didn't really get why some Everton fans have said we shouldn't have appealed, why some have said now that we're safe we should withdraw the appeal.

The only way I can see us withdrawing the appeal is if Forest don't get anything back from theirs (due to have the verdict any day now).

The only reason I would want us to withdraw the appeal is if there is any chance at all of the 2 points being moved to next season.i.e. the panel decide that hitting Everton twice in the same season isn't "fair" and should be done next season.

32 minutes ago, Trigger said:

The only reason I would want us to withdraw the appeal is if there is any chance at all of the 2 points being moved to next season.i.e. the panel decide that hitting Everton twice in the same season isn't "fair" and should be done next season.

That would only be likely to happen if we were requesting it as our grounds for appeal, and I can't see us doing that.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

That would only be likely to happen if we were requesting it as our grounds for appeal, and I can't see us doing that.

You could be right. To be fair I'm not 100% sure how the appeal process works legally.

To be fair again, the Premier League obviously don't know how all this is meant to work so I would say virtually anything is possible (apart from the top 6 being handicapped in any way).

On 29/04/2024 at 16:37, RuffRob said:

If a team loses three or four positions in the table due to PSR, lets say lost out on £10M. Can you offset that in this year's accounts? 

Or will the PL make the argurement that Everton should have forseen that PL are a bunch of corrupt fuckers! 

And the massive legal fees spent on the appeals too. 

On 29/04/2024 at 15:41, Trigger said:

You could be right. To be fair I'm not 100% sure how the appeal process works legally.

To be fair again, the Premier League obviously don't know how all this is meant to work so I would say virtually anything is possible (apart from the top 6 being handicapped in any way).

"Fair" and "Premier League" should never appear together in the same sentence.