IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

*They're

I'm before Mike!!!

Fuck me...I've never had the honor of correcting someone's (what's the word?) before.

Ironic that I can't think of the word 🙈

School boy error on my part pressed the first there on predictor text. What’s your excuse 😄

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The verdict from our hearing might not be announced until tomorrow even though it's today that everyone is expecting it, so don't panic if we don't hear anything today.

People saying it will be 2 points. Should be zero. 
appeal the shit out of it. They should be charged with destroying the game. 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

People saying it will be 2 points. Should be zero. 
appeal the shit out of it. They should be charged with destroying the game. 

I'm honestly still amazed that we got 10 points for the first one, and everything that's followed from that has only increased the amazement.

It's all been handled so badly.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm honestly still amazed that we got 10 points for the first one, and everything that's followed from that has only increased the amazement.

It's all been handled so badly.

when you look back to forests 4 points, I think we have already been harshly treated with the 6 we have already had taken off us. 

It will be a real kick in the teeth to loose more points this season.

We should be sitting in a relatively relaxed position of 35 points with 7 games to go. 

Instead we are on a very uncomfortable 29 points, sweating on us having the 4 points earn taken this past week off us. 

1) The commision have a straight forward get out clause to give use zero points this time around - 6 points penalty (less 4 becasue we have been penilised for 2/3) plus 2 point off for being helpful (as Forest go). So 0 points deduction. Given we got a harsh 6 points last time, then a generouse 0 this time around would be fairer balance overall. A outside possibility, but I don't see this happening 

2) or 6 points (less to 2 points for being helpful), so 4  the same as Forest. Then factor in the 2/3 of the period already having been punished, so 1/3 being - 1.22 points - do they round to 1 point or take the 0.22 as a point as well - A case for 1 or possibly 2.

3) The give us exactely the same as Forst - substancial beach but we worked with the PL and they take no notice of the fact we have already been punished for two of the three years - 4 points - this would be very harsh.

4)All of our disclaimers on why the account are over this period (lost sponsorship due to Ukraine, Stadium costs etc) are upheld by the commission and we are found to be exhonorated of the charge in this accounting period. 0 points.

My gut feeling is we will get 1 point deduction based on arguement 2) and would only get 0 points if 4) us upheld. 

49 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If it is today, which I hope it will be, then it should be pretty soon.

I'm expecting between 1 and 3 points to be deducted, but who knows!

I'm expecting 2 at the most. Any more and the epl will expect us to appeal, even at 2 they will think "they will appeal this"

0-1 is my guess. If they give us 1 I'd still go after them. 

as a fan base we deserve a break. The last 3 years have been exhausting. This season is a shit show - a complete farce. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I'm expecting 2 at the most. Any more and the epl will expect us to appeal, even at 2 they will think "they will appeal this"

0-1 is my guess. If they give us 1 I'd still go after them. 

as a fan base we deserve a break. The last 3 years have been exhausting. This season is a shit show - a complete farce. 

I agree totally. It has been exhausting the turmoil both on and off the pitch has been awful and never ending. Feel like punch bag of a fan base. I fans have had if far the worst.  We all know what a shambles the club has been run internally - (the details of which we have endlessly debated), but as we slowly start to get out own house in order with removal of the board and change in owner.

The PL come along and well and truly put the boot in to the Everton fan base. We have suffered our own poor ownership and management and are now the club suffering the most from the PL's own poor management and misgivings. Like you said we deserve a fucking break from it all. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

when you look back to forests 4 points, I think we have already been harshly treated with the 6 we have already had taken off us. 

It will be a real kick in the teeth to loose more points this season.

We should be sitting in a relatively relaxed position of 35 points with 7 games to go. 

Instead we are on a very uncomfortable 29 points, sweating on us having the 4 points earn taken this past week off us. 

1) The commision have a straight forward get out clause to give use zero points this time around - 6 points penalty (less 4 becasue we have been penilised for 2/3) plus 2 point off for being helpful (as Forest go). So 0 points deduction. Given we got a harsh 6 points last time, then a generouse 0 this time around would be fairer balance overall. A outside possibility, but I don't see this happening 

2) or 6 points (less to 2 points for being helpful), so 4  the same as Forest. Then factor in the 2/3 of the period already having been punished, so 1/3 being - 1.22 points - do they round to 1 point or take the 0.22 as a point as well - A case for 1 or possibly 2.

3) The give us exactely the same as Forst - substancial beach but we worked with the PL and they take no notice of the fact we have already been punished for two of the three years - 4 points - this would be very harsh.

4)All of our disclaimers on why the account are over this period (lost sponsorship due to Ukraine, Stadium costs etc) are upheld by the commission and we are found to be exhonorated of the charge in this accounting period. 0 points.

My gut feeling is we will get 1 point deduction based on arguement 2) and would only get 0 points if 4) us upheld. 

Mine is 6 reduced to 4 they aren’t going to treat us any differently than they did Forest. 
If Forest hadn’t broken PSR I think it would have been a straight 6 points, in line with our last penalty after the appeal. 
Unfortunately Rob you’re trying too put to much reasoning on sensibility into your statement, but they seem to have made their decision’s before they hear the case. 

So the second commission accepted that the loss of earnings from USM as a mitigating factor, but the first one (two) didn't??

"However, the commission accepted Everton's arguments for mitigation in relation to the fact the club has:

• Already been deducted points this season
  • Suffered a loss of revenue because of the suspension of a sponsorship deal with Russian company USM
  • Made an early admission of guilt"