IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exactly this, let’s now channel our anger into coming together and galvanising our strengths to beat the drop and stick to fingers up to the PL, as the saying goes don’t get angry get even, let the higher hierarchy of the club fight an appeal, let the team and fans fight to win every point available to us before the end of the season. 

Exactly this.

The amount of points we have been deducted is quite astounding for the serverity of what Everton have actually done. 

If we do end up getting relegated it will be these 8 points deducted that take of us down. I have said it before this  points deduction debarcle that we have endured all season have been like a tractor beam that has constantly pulled the team in to the relegation battle. We have a bit of breathing space of a 4 point gap on Sunday - boom we are back to being one defeat way from falling in to a relegation zone. 

Being in a relegation fight brings its own anxiaty and stress to footballing squad, and we have been artificially pulled into it most of the season. I really think the stress of it all on the playing and management over pretty much the whole 23/24 season has quite easily cost us 5-6 more points (maybe more).

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exactly this, let’s now channel our anger into coming together and galvanising our strengths to beat the drop and stick to fingers up to the PL, as the saying goes don’t get angry get even, let the higher hierarchy of the club fight an appeal, let the team and fans fight to win every point available to us before the end of the season. 

Exactly right mate. We all have differing opinions on how this club can improve but the thing everyone can be unified on is we want our Everton to be the best club it can be.

All in together now 👊🏽

Andros townsend said they were celebrating when we got 10 points.... FFS the idiot was getting paid by the money that we breached psr with. 

even if we survive the league needs properly regulating 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Key part of this is that of the 17 teams who have submitted their finances for last year (wonder who the 3 who haven't are?), total losses are £600mill.

For ONE year!

I often look at the turnovers of most PL clubs, vs their spend on transfers and wages, and wonder how most can stay within PSR?

Well, clearly they can't. Hence, it all changes next year!

22 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I often look at the turnovers of most PL clubs, vs their spend on transfers and wages, and wonder how most can stay within PSR?

I simply do not believe that no club before us failed to stay within PSR. It's an impossibility in my opinion.

Coincidentally clubs start failing it when the independent regulator is looking to be brought in, two clubs are charged and punished, all of a sudden there is an extremely quiet transfer window from all clubs.

Hmm.

44 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Key part of this is that of the 17 teams who have submitted their finances for last year (wonder who the 3 who haven't are?), total losses are £600mill.

For ONE year!

It does seem bizarre. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I simply do not believe that no club before us failed to stay within PSR. It's an impossibility in my opinion.

Coincidentally clubs start failing it when the independent regulator is looking to be brought in, two clubs are charged and punished, all of a sudden there is an extremely quiet transfer window from all clubs.

Hmm.

Exactly.

The January window was the quietest, wasn't it?

The 'eco system' of the league collapsed.

Now the rules are going to change...

57 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

just starting to watch now.... I've been warned it's likely to make me feel very annoyed. 

Finished it.  I think it was pretty balanced and done in the right way.  It wasn't a hit piece but it clearly detailed the missed opportunities and why. 

I don't ever think another chairman will ever get away with Bill did - he knew how to work people and could act daft despite not being it.  He wanted Everton as it was - it's as simple as that. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They need to concentrate on staying up through merit on the pitch, instead of acting like sad losers before the season’s over. 
I have no sympathy for people who look to prosper on others misery, if you want to succeed go and work for it. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

They need to concentrate on staying up through merit on the pitch, instead of acting like sad losers before the season’s over. 
I have no sympathy for people who look to prosper on others misery, if you want to succeed go and work for it. 

I'm more annoyed that he's yet another person that clearly does not understand anything and is still commenting.

Fucking melon.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

The whole thing is like some sort of medieval court of law.  Desired outcomes vs fairness. 

if we stay up my appetite for the game will be minimal till the whole governance is investigated. 

wasn't aware the premier league owe money to grassroots going back to 1999. Scum

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

There needs to be a thorough government audit of the Premier League since it appears to be a hive of deceit and double standards. They'll probably plead the same defense as did the NFL in the US, that they're an entertainment organization that can do as they please, but that's not how the fans see it. It's become a complete and utter farce.

You are right of course. But I can’t help thinking it would make a good non fiction film that could be entertaining in years to come. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Well..... maybe we need to sell goodison park to a "private" developer for £500m. That would sort psr out 

Whether you meant it or not needs must, I know that the club wanted to turn into a community hub blah blah, but really can we actually afford to be that benevolent in our position, sell to the highest buyers and hopefully they will build construct something beneficial for the community, possibly HA housing for rent. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Whether you meant it or not needs must, I know that the club wanted to turn into a community hub blah blah, but really can we actually afford to be that benevolent in our position, sell to the highest buyers and hopefully they will build construct something beneficial for the community, possibly HA housing for rent. 

The cost of the purchase then knocking Goodison down and removing the ‘debris’ (seems disrespectful to our home), then the redevelopment cost… with property and land costs/value - basically, Moshiri/whoever are keeping Goodison as a community site as, really, that’s the only option - it’s not a sentimental gesture - it’s lack of value. In London, the land’s worth millions but not in our location unfortunately.

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

The cost of the purchase then knocking Goodison down and removing the ‘debris’ (seems disrespectful to our home), then the redevelopment cost… with property and land costs/value - basically, Moshiri/whoever are keeping Goodison as a community site as, really, that’s the only option - it’s not a sentimental gesture - it’s lack of value. In London, the land’s worth millions but not in our location unfortunately.

You are probably right about the land value in that area, in my location an acre of land for housing which has more value than commercial goes for around 750,000 per acre which will usually allow 16-32 units to be built depending on size and density. 
Where Goodison is maybe around 4-500,000 an acre but that’s a guess, plus I don’t know how many acres the site covers, as for the demolition you can sell with the site as or clean but the initial cost for demolition isn’t as big as some think with the cost of recycled materials at premium demolition companies are very competitive and in some cases do the work for next to nothing based on what the can get for the recycled materials. 
But with the club in the financial mess it is can they afford to develop the site for free, or should they sell the site, or should they give the site away for free to a company that is sympathetic to what they would like to see and still allowing a profit for the buyer. 
A few options available but I don’t think we are in a position to lose money on what ever decision is taken disrespectful or not to our heritage, unfortunately the decision where we could throw a few million at it is sadly gone due to the miss management of the club, and now we find ourselves needing to make a few million out of it. 

16 hours ago, Matt said:

Apparently they're expediting the decision for the penultimate day of the season...

makes sense to do that - can't go in to the final round of games not knowing what is needed. I fucking hope we don't need to go to Arsenal needing any sort of result!!.