IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Just fooling around with realistic and potential points for the rest of the season. Some might be a tad to optimistic. But hey, I'm a fan.

Teams                              Realistic/Potential        My not realistic points

Man. United - Everton                0 or 1                               1
Everton - Liverpool (PP)             0 or 1                               3
Bournemouth - Everton              0 or 1                               1
Newcastle - Everton                  0                                      1
Everton - Burnley                      3                                      3
Chelsea - Everton                     0 or 1                               1
Everton - Nott. Forest                3                                      3
Everton - Brentford                    3                                     3
Luton - Everton                         0 or 1                              1
Everton - Sheff. United              3                                      3
Arsenal - Everton                     0                                      0

Points sum                             12 or 17                             20

Total season points                 37 or 42                             45

And none of that will probably happen :rolleyes:
Our second "breach" is not included cos we we have no clue what will happen.

List looks shit, sorry about that.

Most of our away games are fairly tough - so would be happy getting 3 -4 points from these (3 draws or a win) if our luck changes a little at home. 

Home, we have been shocking results wise - but if we don't take at least 9 points from those 5 games then we really don't have any right to be in the Premiership. 

Unless we get a couple of unexpected results beforehand you would have to say the Forest game could have a lot riding on it. 

We could really do with a result against Man U to take the club in to the short break we are then going to have. 

If we can double our points in our next 11 games from our last 11 we will be on target for another 12 points, giving us 39 for the season if we are capable of achieving the 12 points, which is in no way a guarantee the way we performed in the last 11.

Then we have the next PSR hearing and if found guilty we will lose more points, the league have already confirmed anyone found guilty will get a points deduction, and if Forest are found guilty as well we will both suffer the same points deduction in my opinion, which I believe will be 6 points a piece. 
To stay up I believe we need beat Forest and hope they don’t get more points than us in the next 11 games, if they do this could be the season that our PL status comes to an end, for no fault of the fans the management, or the players (bar maybe some poor finishing) but the owner and his board who have royally fucked us up financially.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know. It’ll be a case of us and Forest getting done and that’s that. City and Chelsea get away with it.

To be honest I didn’t consider City and Chelsea getting away with it scot free, now you’ve mentioned it I’m fuming 😤 and won’t sleep tonight. 

This is the league admitting that the current regulations are flawed and one of the main reasons they’re changing them is because the original regulations never allowed for inflation (if they had we’d have been fine). So I’m sure Super Silk is licking his lips at getting to put our case forward for the second charge.

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is the league admitting that the current regulations are flawed and one of the main reasons they’re changing them is because the original regulations never allowed for inflation (if they had we’d have been fine). So I’m sure Super Silk is licking his lips at getting to put our case forward for the second charge.

Would love him to go into the second case and open by asking for our points back from the first case in light of new evidence. 😂

1 hour ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Surely the new rules will be going forward, not retrospective? Ridiculous if so. Means any of the top 6 can break the rules whenever they want then get a bail out when they change the rules after the crime has been committed. 

Like they have been doing you mean?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn't the PL tell us 6 points minimum for any PSR breach as a starting point?

In Everton’s appeal hearing the commission said that a six-point deduction is “the minimum but sufficient sanction required to achieve the aims of the PSR.”

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Didnt the PL tell us 6 points minimum for any PSR breach as a starting point?

I think they pretty much said that a points deduction is an appropriate punishment for a breach- and that 6 points was appropriate for our breach - but doing think it crystal clear  that 6 points was a absolute minimum, becasue it sounded like you could claw points back for good things an offending club did. Maybe they did get 6, but reduce for 4 becasue they did have the intent to sell a player (it was just a few months late to maximise his sale value). 

It will all be very interesting to read.