IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The delay is to allow themselves time to make sure they and the appeals board have had time to get their stories water tight, on why we lost the appeal and to make it hard for anyone to question the decision, unlike last time. Am I being paranoid?

Probably but that doesn't mean you're wrong 😛.

I don't believe in the independence of the new panel, nor its conviction / balls to overturn the original decision.

I absolutely don't believe in the integrity of the PL.

At very best, I think six points will be returned. These will again be docked in the second appeal. Nottingham Forest will also lose six points.

I think it will be a straight fight between us, Forest, Luton and Palace who takes the third relegation spot.

I think we will prevail.

I am hopeful Masters will lose his job and the PL rules will be rewritten.

20 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The delay is to allow themselves time to make sure they and the appeals board have had time to get their stories water tight, on why we lost the appeal and to make it hard for anyone to question the decision, unlike last time. Am I being paranoid?

No, @Palfy. I think that's exactly what is happening behind the scenes. Sadly.

5 hours ago, Formby said:

I don't believe in the independence of the new panel, nor its conviction / balls to overturn the original decision.

At very best, I think six points will be returned. These will again be docked in the second appeal. Nottingham Forest will also lose six points.

I think it will be a straight fight between us, Forest, Luton and Palace who takes the third relegation spot.

I think we will prevail.

I see quite a bit that Forrest & Us will be deducted the same amount of points if both found guilty. I’m not sure this to be the case as surely Forrest have been far more reckless in their breach than our (second) breach.

Even if we are to have for example - 6 points returned for the appeal, I can’t see our second breach being the same severity (given we have been punished for 2 of those years already). I could see us being punished 2 points (taking in to account 2 of those season have been punished) & Forrest getting 4-6 points.

I'm struggling to see how we can get points back via appeal, which basically means we 'won', to then be taken points off again for almost the same period we've appealed against?

When, from what I've read, the latest accounts in the latest period show us to be doing much better?

Either way, the PL know they've fucked this up massively. Everytime they speak, they dig the hole deeper.

22 hours ago, Formby said:

I think we will prevail.

Sadly I think you are right about the points decisions, which makes the win against Palace that all more important  

11 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've thought from the beginning (and still do) that no points will be returned. Giving anything back would admit fault on the Premier League's side and that's just not going to happen.

I would honestly be amazed if that was the case, I’m not expecting all of the points back but I’m certain we will get some back

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I would honestly be amazed if that was the case, I’m not expecting all of the points back but I’m certain we will get some back

I really wouldn't. We've already seen how self serving and incompetent they are, wouldn't surprise me in the least if they maintain it to try and act tough. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

If that is what it means then if it’s shite then at least it should just be around for one season.

I don't see what else it could mean, it'd be a bit random to release that sort of "teaser" for no reason.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why would we need a new badge though??

To incorporate the EFL logo?:huh:

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I guessing Tuesday for the appeal decision. Can’t see them letting us know before the game on Monday when we’ll have the cameras on us.

Reckon we’ll get 4 points back. 

Exactly what I said, then they will deduct another 6 along with Forest so I originally thought, but now I’m not so sure I have feeling that they will find the original penalty should stand.