IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Is right aswell.

You can tell its creating an unnecessary anxiety around Goodison Park.

Do we know, at all, how many clubs are facing failing PSR? The January window would indicate a fair few!

I wonder if there really is a decent amount and that's why the PL want to change the rules next season.

Sorry, I know this has probably all been talked about already. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Is right aswell.

Do we know, at all, how many clubs are facing failing PSR? The January window would indicate a fair few!

I wonder if there really is a decent amount and that's why the PL want to change the rules next season.

It has mate, but that doesn’t stop us repeating it through sheer frustration and anger, we just need to know what is happening, but the PL seems to be excerpting some slow form of torture over us with their inability to make a decision about our future in a timely fashion. Whether it be the takeover or the appeal against the 10 points deduction they are treating us like a wounded dog that they don’t want to put out of it’s misery, and are enjoying prolonging the suffering. 

10 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Is right aswell.

There's no doubt that it's affected us on the pitch. Every game feels vital now when it shouldn't, and it's having an impact on the players and fans. Players playing far too safe and the crowd is anxious (which then rubs off on the players too).

The integrity of the league is being brought into question with the actions of the PL. Whatever happens with the appeal they've fucked this up big time.

On 30/01/2024 at 19:33, Palfy said:

Im going to predict that our appeal will see us get 4 points returned, on the grounds it was grossly excessive. Then for the second breach if we are found guilty we will receive another 6 points penalty. 
They aren’t going to make it easy for us if we give them a bloody nose in the appeal, sadly they will do their damnedest to make sure we pay for it second time round. 

Hopefully the 2nd part doesn’t come too fruition, but if it does I have faith that we can still find the points needed to keep us up should we receive another 6 points penalty. 
I also think we need to believe that it is a real possibility, and should be planning the rest of the season out on the outcome it’s going to happen. 

43 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Hopefully the 2nd part doesn’t come too fruition, but if it does I have faith that we can still find the points needed to keep us up should we receive another 6 points penalty. 
I also think we need to believe that it is a real possibility, and should be planning the rest of the season out on the outcome it’s going to happen. 

There's no way the authorities can change the rules and apply two financial penalties in one financial year. Such a decision would surely be overturned. What would make sense is deferring any second points reduction to the next season.

22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

There's no way the authorities can change the rules and apply two financial penalties in one financial year. Such a decision would surely be overturned. What would make sense is deferring any second points reduction to the next season.

Not to sure about that ruling, I obviously hope you are right, but it does make wonder why they have charged us, and are making sure that the hearing is well before the end of the season, yet they can’t serve a penalty on us if found guilty. 
To be honest it’s all getting very confusing, they will also have to allow time if they find us guilty and deduct points to have an opportunity to appeal, and for that appeal to have been decided on by the end of the season. 

39 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not to sure about that ruling, I obviously hope you are right, but it does make wonder why they have charged us, and are making sure that the hearing is well before the end of the season, yet they can’t serve a penalty on us if found guilty. 
To be honest it’s all getting very confusing, they will also have to allow time if they find us guilty and deduct points to have an opportunity to appeal, and for that appeal to have been decided on by the end of the season. 

The whole point of speeding up the process is so that any punishment is for this season.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

The whole point of speeding up the process is so that any punishment is for this season.

That’s why I don’t understand Steve’s ruling that you can not receive to penalties in a season, if that was the case why give us a second charge that has to be dealt with this season?

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Why is Wyness suddenly popping up everywhere?

And more importantly, who gives a shit what he thinks?!?!

I'm only sticking them in because he may know stuff going on in the background. Doubtful, but you never know.