IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The more I read into these PSR charges the more I get convinced that we have a good case to get the whole thing thrown out, but then I’m  wonder how they managed to get them through in the first place

Because they didn't know what they were doing, so they didn't know what controls and checks they needed in the event a club did "breach" the rules (whichever version of them were up to)

On 07/02/2024 at 00:11, London Blue said:

I can't see how we don't get our 10 points back, and an amnesty for clubs, given the impending change in rules. 

They have accepted the current rules are unworkable and have to change.

The only thing that makes our club look well run is the Premier League.

Let's not forget that the PL want to keep an independent regulator at arms' length. Accepting that our punishment was in excess of a club going under would be a start.

That is likely to bring some form of closure, but there is one other avenue available to Everton should they require it. Premier League rules state that clubs unhappy with the appeals process can seek arbitration in exceptional circumstances, such as if they believe there to have been malpractice or procedural errors.

For that to happen, the identity of an independent arbiter would need to be agreed by both parties. 

Very glad to read that there is still another option should it not go our way. 

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The more I read into these PSR charges the more I get convinced that we have a good case to get the whole thing thrown out, but then I’m  wonder how they managed to get them through in the first place

Three reasons:

1) Incomitance.

2) To set up the charges against City.

3) To flex in in front of Parliament.

Masters will be up in front of his own board after this and will probably "step down".

It was a predicted power play by the EPL as they knew they needed to keep independent regulators away.  His performance in the commons committee was shite.  There is very little confidence in the EPL, city will have seen how they've dealt with us and that's why they are threatening legal action on the sponsors money etc. 

Any fans of clubs who watch our case and think "Everton got what they deserve" don't give a shit about the game.

BTW - where are the idiots who made a shit show of our club now?  Are they still on bedsheets? Probably living it up in Dubai on their payoffs.

Some on here actually though ingles wasn't over promoted 😳

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

How bizarre that the PL responded to the questions asked by that government committee and not one of you has even mentioned it!

To be honest, didn't even know! It doesn't seem to have been well covered...as is par for the course with the PL and their 'partners'.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I think it’s just another case of disappointment. I was excited to see an open and transparent response to the select committee. To find out it was just more cloak and dagger cover up from Masters left me not wanting to even talk about it. If anything it has me even more concerned about the appeal and the second charge. We should have just done what City did and tell them to fuck right off. 

I can’t get my head around the “right way” to do things is to have the club lose more money (millions) so they can appear differently on a balance sheet. A process designed to promote sustainable business, which has done nothing but cost the club millions in legal representation, millions in reputation damage, and ultimately millions in prize money. Sustainability? 😂

I think the City route is exactly what clubs will do from now on.

And why not? Even away from this we live in a world where honesty is very rarely treat fairly.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Alan Myers has said it's looking more likely the result of the appeal will be next week.

The delay is to allow themselves time to make sure they and the appeals board have had time to get their stories water tight, on why we lost the appeal and to make it hard for anyone to question the decision, unlike last time. Am I being paranoid?