IGNORED

On this day...

Hafnia

Oops, sorry Haf ... I just automatically presumed ....tongue.png

A few from the site:

Everton beat Liverpool 2-0 ON THIS DAY in 1970.

The win, at Anfield was witnessed by 54,496 fans at Anfield and gave the Evertonians bragging rights in the city until the next derby.

Joe Royle and Alan Whittle scored the goals.

Everton beat Leeds United 3-1 ON THIS DAY in 1991.

A crowd of 12,603 were at Goodison to see the Second Leg of the Zenith Data Systems Cup, Northern Final.

After the first leg ended in a 3-3 draw the second was particularly tight.

A Tony Cottee equaliser sent the game into extra time.

Cottee scored again, along with John Ebbrell, to give the Blues a place in the grand final against Crystal Palace.

Doesn't Dalziel already do this though Haf ?

He did but no one gave him a pat on the head every day so he inevitably got angry and stopped.

Nah, mate.

The thread was a piss take by Matt, which I thought was mean, as I'm fond of DK, and Dalz was maybe a bit naive, and dived in, but in Dalz's defence, nobody took the opportunity to appreciate it, or offer any response, so it's no wonder he stopped. I thought it was actually a decent read, and a good feature, and well done to Dalziel for biting his tongue and sticking with it.

The thread was a piss take by Matt, which I thought was mean, as I'm fond of DK, and Dalz was maybe a bit naive, and dived in, but in Dalz's defence, nobody took the opportunity to appreciate it, or offer any response, so it's no wonder he stopped. I thought it was actually a decent read, and a good feature, and well done to Dalziel for biting his tongue and sticking with it.

Don't see how you read it as a piss take....Matt just gave him a thread to put his stuff in. I can see no piss taking by anyone in the whole thread.....in fact the only mention of a piss take in it is a post from youhuh.png .

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/24486-dks-random-facts/

How was it a piss take? Didn't Matt just move the "on this days" DK had already done into their own thread as they didn't quite belong where they'd been posted? And a separate thread would have given them more prominence and mean they wouldn't get lost in the other conversation/s.

I could be wrong about why it was done because I really can't remember!

blink.png

Oh, yeah, right... Im the evil, useless bastard moderator who everyone hates.

Oh, wait a minute....

Admit it was a piss take and you'll gain a little credibility back. wink.png

I'm not explaining why it was, as that would be outrageously insensitive of me, but let's just say it was 'laughing at' not with.

How was it a piss take? Didn't Matt just move the "on this days" DK had already done into their own thread as they didn't quite belong where they'd been posted? And a separate thread would have given them more prominence and mean they wouldn't get lost in the other conversation/s.

I could be wrong about why it was done because I really can't remember!

I like you Romey because you are naive (in a nice way) and far too trusting of wolves in sheep's clothing.

Admit it was a piss take and you'll gain a little credibility back. wink.png

I'm not explaining why it was, as that would be outrageously insensitive of me, but let's just say it was 'laughing at' not with.

wasnt a piss take. His posts of random facts were getting lost in threads. Feel free to twist this however you feel fit :)

The only person who gets remotely close to taking the piss out of DK in that thread is you as far as I can see.

Be insensitive and explain your point....you're not normally so coy in having your say.

What the fuck do I have to do with anything, and apart from the opening Hafnia article, where is the relevance to William Dean is any of this ?

Mind you, it was brought to attention on the first of March that it was (at the time) the 33rd year passing of our greatest team player and that just passed by without any acknowledgment until I felt it fair to give the player a mention, so is it really that much of a surprise.

Matthew started a statistics page with good intent, there was no malice involved, and it's right in saying that it warranted it's own space after past statistics were put in other threads that I agree may have been unsuitable. A seperate page or corner was the right - and only - thing to do. What's the problem with it.

Incidentally while we're at it, the said statistics page, has now fallen off the sports index page so maybe Louis, or whoever has the capabilities, can bring it back and it can be updated again at random times, but I decided in the end it wasn't worth putting on every day, and eventually, just participated sporadically. If people liked it or appreciated it, fair enough. If they turned up their noses or decided on fucking favorites, then fair enough also. It was merely to give recognition of past events but I did in the end, kind of lose interest. But once again, if it's possible to raise it back to the sports index for future participation it would be appreciated.

Maybe the author was trying to initiate a statistics piece of his own, but I don't think that was his true intention, but as there's already one in existence it has to be brought to the fore. Maybe some good came out of this to clear up any misunderstandings, I don't know.

wasnt a piss take. His posts of random facts were getting lost in threads. Feel free to twist this however you feel fit smile.png

Edit: I've removed my comment as it was sharp and unnecessary. People can make their own minds up about why you created the thread. It's not for me to protect others, so let folk learn for themselves.

Edited by Avinalaff