• Leighton Baines
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Leon Osman
    • Darron Gibson
    • Kevin MIrallas
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Ross Barkley

Mirallas for me.

So Ross Barkley comes under the microscope because he started a game??? Begs the questions, if Moyes doesn't trust him then why does he start against top level opponents and doesn't get game game time versus lesser opponents?

For me I thought he was ok, certainly nothing glaringly wrong with his performance - especially given he was out of position, I would have liked to have seen him behind the striker. But why are some people looking to 'justify' the reason he doesn't get game time??? Are you wanting to be proven right that he isn't ready? Seriously you need to get real, we have had to put up with Neville playing in centre mid making mis placed pass after mis placed pass. The lad should become a top class player, however he will fail to do so whilst he warms the bench against lesser opponents and gets thrown in against better class. He looked like he was trying too hard for me.

Did someone PM everyone to vote for Anichebe cause I posted that image? Cause either these guys are anarchists, blind people who are mentally challenged (not meant to insult) or all intimate boyfriends of Victor. Cause the guy can't play football. Today he practically ruined it every time he had the ball!

Did someone PM everyone to vote for Anichebe cause I posted that image? Cause either these guys are anarchists, blind people who are mentally challenged (not meant to insult) or all intimate boyfriends of Victor. Cause the guy can't play football. Today he practically ruined it every time he had the ball!

Why do you have so much hate for Vic? He's been brilliant for a long time now and I don't understand why you bash him so much.

I may have a rep for being a doom merchant which is fair enough - I can see why, but my posts reflect my opinion based on my love for the club. The problem with your posts are that no one really knows if they are genuine because the majority of them are complete rubbish i'm afraid.

Big Vic for me to, he spooned me last night so that gave me the final vote.

On a serious note him and Jags were brilliant today, the fact that Jags was with him at the end giving him some type of pep talk at the end hows what he thought of his display, he bossed two England Capped centre halves all game.

Anichebe was given motm officially too, so he must have impressed somebody somewhere. You seem to be trolling for me at the moment, which will only get folks backs up, especially when they are all fired up during a match.

Why would anybody jump in before anybody else telling folk 'not' to vote for a guy who is currently giving everything for the team ? It's attention seeking, and trolling. Knock it on the head mate please. dont%20know.gif

Always believed Vic had it in him and I'm very glad that he's now playing well. He was an absolute tank yesterday, made Dawson and Caulker look very average. Gutted he didn't finish that chance off or it would have been a complete performance IMO. So impressed with his work rate these days. Remember a few times yesterday we were under pressure and Vic came back to win us the ball. If he adds a couple more goals to his game then he'd be a very very good player.

Always believed Vic had it in him and I'm very glad that he's now playing well. He was an absolute tank yesterday, made Dawson and Caulker look very average. Gutted he didn't finish that chance off or it would have been a complete performance IMO. So impressed with his work rate these days. Remember a few times yesterday we were under pressure and Vic came back to win us the ball. If he adds a couple more goals to his game then he'd be a very very good player.

He's still got a tantrum in him though. He actually looks bigger than he was, which was already big!

He has the ability to be Alan shearer (ok maybe not as good) but certainly from a bullying defenders perspective.

No I just genuinely don't see what you guys are seeing. He can't pass well, he doesn't finish his chances. The only merit of Vic is that he puts pressure on the opponent with his physicality, but what's the use if most balls that end up with him are a dead end?

I don't question Moyes' decision to use him rather than Jelavic lately, cause the latter one sometimes seems to have lost all motivation to go for it lately.

Atm the best numer 11 at Everton is Mirallas, cause he's good with combinations, can outdribble an opponent, has pace, puts pressure, is forward minded and knows how to finish his chances. Point is that it also makes him a very good winger, so that's why he always gets to play when he's fit, but rather on the wing cause there's no real alternative player for that at EFC (with Pienaar on the other side).

Edited by Mirallas

Mirallas is by far our best player this season IMO but I fail to see why you can't accept the fact that Victor is a good footballer. He works his arse off each game, can use his strength to both score goals and set them up and does all the other bits really well too (like passing, shooting etc...)

For a big lad too he's got a fair bit of pace aswell. He's nowhere near out best player but I fail to see how you can be so against him.

Not against him, I admire his working ethic, I just think he's a tad overrated on this forum.

You have no idea how much stick the lad used to get for having the wrong attitude.

As far as I'm concerned, he has every right to be proud of himself this year, and deserves all the praise he receives. As for Mirallas being our best player this year, I'm not convinced a few goals amount to player of the year, but it's good to see him enjoying his game. No doubt either Baines or Fellaini will win the popular vote, but for me, Coleman has made the biggest step forward as a player, and should be recognised at the end of the season, one way or another.

You have no idea how much stick the lad used to get for having the wrong attitude.

As far as I'm concerned, he has every right to be proud of himself this year, and deserves all the praise he receives. As for Mirallas being our best player this year, I'm not convinced a few goals amount to player of the year, but it's good to see him enjoying his game. No doubt either Baines or Fellaini will win the popular vote, but for me, Coleman has made the biggest step forward as a player, and should be recognised at the end of the season, one way or another.

just making clear, it was zoo who said that, i just called Mirallas the best striker atm. Fellaini, Baines, Coleman and Jagielka are all top players. Also Osman, Pienaar and Jelavic

Spot on...coleman looks like he could become a very good right back

Vic was inspiring to all the players around him. You can see every time he gets the ball, no matter what the result, that he's trying his ass off to make something happen and the defenders around him are dropping their nuts. I'd back a goalless striker for man of the match if he works his ass off and gives it 110% over a bloke who scores a brace but doesn't do sweet fuck all besides his two tap ins.

He's technically no Mirallas, everyone can see that, but sometimes effort means more than ability.

I do admit Mirallas, i am finding it hard to understand how you are seeing this lads ability.

He is no Mirallas no, but he is a totally different type of player and one that we need up there to bully teams back a bit. Against Tottenham he was awesome! he bullied two top central defenders. Two who play in a top 3 premiership team.

He showed us that he has a decent shot on him. He also howed us that he can go past defenders too. If he can learn the intricacies of deft finishing and finding the corners he can be a top player.

But i think it is unfair to say that everything that goes to him is dead as i can think of so many times that the ball went up to him and stuck, then he released a simple pass out and we held posession. That is what a good centre forward does.

Mirallas is a great player but needs to get his fitness and stamina levels to premiership standards. he is great and almost unstoppable for moments, but will go missing for periods also. But as with Anichebe, he can be a great player when he irons these out.

No I just genuinely don't see what you guys are seeing. He can't pass well, he doesn't finish his chances. The only merit of Vic is that he puts pressure on the opponent with his physicality, but what's the use if most balls that end up with him are a dead end?

I don't question Moyes' decision to use him rather than Jelavic lately, cause the latter one sometimes seems to have lost all motivation to go for it lately.

Atm the best numer 11 at Everton is Mirallas, cause he's good with combinations, can outdribble an opponent, has pace, puts pressure, is forward minded and knows how to finish his chances. Point is that it also makes him a very good winger, so that's why he always gets to play when he's fit, but rather on the wing cause there's no real alternative player for that at EFC (with Pienaar on the other side).

Because of how we play the main striker has a lot more on his plate than scoring goals. He need to be able to hold the ball up, hassle defenders and bring the other players into the game. Vic does this week in week out and while he could have scored more goals, he hasnt actually done that badly this season considering a chunk of his games have been as a sub or out wide.

Mirallas doesn't look like a Premiership striker to me. he needs to be running at players and not have his back to goal. In the few occasions he has played off the striker he has looked average because he isn't strong enough and he doesn't have as much space to run into.

Completely agree. I have gone full circle with him. I loved him when his first broke on to the scene, then got fed up with his attitude and application at which point I would have happily seen him leave. Now he is proving me wrong, more and more with each game and while he will never be a world beater he works hard for the team.

Coleman has been brilliant this season too. I was worried that he just wasn't smart enough to have that defensive responsibility but he has progressed with every performance, proving solid at the back and a real threat going forward. It just shows the importance of game time for these younger players.