Southampton (H)...Nikica Jelavic

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Yeah Cheebs worked hard, but he was back to his whining selfish self... Was on the ground a lot and greedy. Not many stood out for us this game. The passing when we had chances went astray. Then we pretty much just sat back the last 30 mins. Gave it to Jags in the end.

I hope the people who were shouting for Barkley to start take note, every time the ball came to him he froze like a rabbit caught in the headlights and inevitably lost the ball, He's just not ready for the prem.

Could have given it to 3 or 4 today ... Howard, Jags, Mirallas, but went for big Victor Anichebe.

Today he looked like a good old fashioned center forward and bullied the spurs defenders, also howed a glimpse of speed when he wanted to, i think he deserved a goal today, shame he didnt dink his chance over the goalie.

Edited by Bill

I hope the people who were shouting for Barkley to start take note, every time the ball came to him he froze like a rabbit caught in the headlights and inevitably lost the ball, He's just not ready for the prem.

I didn't think he was that bad. Nothing to shout about, no doubt about that, but a decent performance. Surely the only way for him to get ready for the Premier League and not get so nervous is to play more often anyway?

Could have given it to 3 or 4 today ... Howard, Jags, Mirallas, but went for big Victor Anichebe.

Today he looked like a good old fashioned center forward and bullied the spurs defenders, also howed a glimpse of speed when he wanted to, i think he deserved a goal today, shame he didnt dink his chance over the goalie.

How many people have said this today? Christ, the people asking for him to "start" are asking for him to get more game time, against the likes of Norwich, QPR, lower table teams. I said in the other thread, i really dont understand Moyes' thinking when he thinks ross can come in and play well against Stoke home and away, Man utd at home and Spurs away today in what was a really important game for both sides. What do you expect? he's not going to come in and set the place alight. But he's got to get used to the Pace of the premiership, throwing him into difficult games like today isnt going to help the lad at all, i feel sorry for him. I'd love to hear Moyes' thinking behind it all, because im yet to hear a rational argument as to why.

Did he feck! He did a better job on the wing then Osman did when he was moved there. Im certainly not saying Barkley did anything special but he was no worse than those around him. He did alright, put in a good shift defensively which surprised me and he will learn from it.

How many people have said this today? Christ, the people asking for him to "start" are asking for him to get more game time, against the likes of Norwich, QPR, lower table teams. I said in the other thread, i really dont understand Moyes' thinking when he thinks ross can come in and play well against Stoke home and away, Man utd at home and Spurs away today in what was a really important game for both sides. What do you expect? he's not going to come in and set the place alight. But he's got to get used to the Pace of the premiership, throwing him into difficult games like today isnt going to help the lad at all, i feel sorry for him. I'd love to hear Moyes' thinking behind it all, because im yet to hear a rational argument as to why.

I dont think its a problem for Barkley as he stood up to it well enough. Moyes didnt really have too many options today, and whilst he should have been utilised more in 'easier' games I dont think he had too many other options to use today.

I still wish people would shut the fuck up about him not playing though. Today proved he isn't good enough to get us into the Champions League.

No-one has said he was good enough to do that?! I wish people would stop jumping on the lad for having an average game yet not jumping on players who were a damn site worse and are a damn site more experienced.

He's a member of our squad who was needed today as we obviously needed another midfielder and Vic leading the line rather the more attacking stoke line-up. With Felli and Pienaar out Ross was required - he wasn't thrown in, he's been in and around the first team for over a season, training with his team mates on a daily basis. He'll probably get more time between now and the end of the season, all of which will aid his development.

It sounds like he had a fairly decent game anyway from what I've heard (was travelling so only listened) - sounds as if he was a little naive at times though.

He's a member of our squad who was needed today as we obviously needed another midfielder and Vic leading the line rather the more attacking stoke line-up. With Felli and Pienaar out Ross was required - he wasn't thrown in, he's been in and around the first team for over a season, training with his team mates on a daily basis. He'll probably get more time between now and the end of the season, all of which will aid his development.

It sounds like he had a fairly decent game anyway from what I've heard (was travelling so only listened) - sounds as if he was a little naive at times though.

Im not critising Moyes for picking him today, but its people who say "the people saying ross should start more can hush". Nobody is saying he should come in and start every game for us, all

I have ever wanted and i think a few others of us have, is to see more of him in "lesser" games, to get him more ready for games like today.

He was thrown in today, training with your team mates is totally different to playing in a high intensity game, away from

Home against a side 3rd in the league.

He needs more game time, ideally against the easier opposition, but I thought he was ok today. Especially when you consider he was playing out of position on the wing. I personally would have gone with Ovido, but Barklay did a decent job.

As others have said bit like Vic in that the more experience he gets the better he gets. Can see his quality / potential, just needs game time.

Im not critising Moyes for picking him today, but its people who say "the people saying ross should start more can hush". Nobody is saying he should come in and start every game for us, all

I have ever wanted and i think a few others of us have, is to see more of him in "lesser" games, to get him more ready for games like today.

He was thrown in today, training with your team mates is totally different to playing in a high intensity game, away from

Home against a side 3rd in the league.

So Moyes must trust him. He was required today and got the nod for looking bright when coming on recently and probably impressing in training. Of course playing in front of 40,000 is different to anything else but young players are prepared for this through training etc so it won't have been an alien experience to him.

Ross hasn't started all season. He gets chucked in the deep end at White Hart Lane, of course he's not going to play a blinder. If he's won numerous man of the match performances whilst on loan in the Championship, it's clearly just opportunity and experience he needs to adapt to the prem. He's not going to progress and become "ready" just by training and sitting on the bench. Look at Wilshere. It's called learning on the job.