IGNORED

Is Moyes good enough for United?

A hard ride ahead for Moyes I'm afraid. Those Man Utd players are so loyal to Ferguson he could struggle to win them over. My other concern for him is his lack of Champions League experience. I get the United fans crave that trophy more than the League now they've overtaken Liverpool and I can't see him winning it. A great servant to Everton though and I wish him well

Moyes winning the European Cup !

I could use a fucking laugh.

If Ferguson wasn't able to get beyond their three european cup wins in total, then David Moyes certainly won't. Moyes couldn't even deliver a League Cup in his 11 years here, and now talk as champions of europe manager ? (sniggers)

Ok fair enough, Moyes is a nice enough individual to get on with, and the MUFC players will probably accept him readily enough and will be aware of his time in the game and club achievements, but when he gets an opportunity to actually win something, that's when the problems arise. The thing is, you never can tell what will happen, but Moyes has been too dour, too banal, and too negative, too often, and maybe at a rival and more recognized club with more resources he can do something and finally deliver a trophy he was unable in his decade here but champions of europe ? Don't nobody hold your breath. Although we've seen in recent years, one or two snide teams win the biggest prize in european soccer simply by strangling the life out of the game and being defensive and not giving a damn about a watching audience and suiting their own needs, and that could well be up Moyes alley, so watch this space even.

Although its a big hit for us to take, Some of us wanted rid some didnt. Lets take our blue glasses off and do you think he has what it takes?

Tactically football isnt a hard game. He knows what style of play he wants and doesnt deviate much so he needs to improve dramatically on that score. His reluctance to give kids thier chance is another fable. I would love him to win everything i really would just cant see it.

Yes, and any Everton fan who wanted rid is clearly bonkers.

I'm going to get ripped to pieces now (genuine concern) I can't even do a worried face as emoticons aren't working.

It's true with the scottish thing, they make great managers.

Ferguson. George Graham, Gordon Strachan, George Burley, even Moyes himself, they do a great job.

They have that extra bit of ruthless agression that sets them apart from all other nationalities, a bit more heart and desire.

Even Shankly going back far enough, they're a class apart.

It's gonna be real tough for him. It will be good to see if his approach to tactics changes. Will he insist Utd sit back after 70mins even if they have the upperhand? Or was that a nasty team habbit from the early days that couldn't be shaken off here?

He'll need a different approach...here he has to buy bargain players who need to be told they can make a difference....at Utd he'll be buying players who are at the top of their game and will have a bit of an inflated ego. We all know Moyes has struggled with these types of players at Everton. That's going to be interesting.

I cant decide if it will work for him or not. I hope it does, but a part of me thinks it could go wrong...lets see which Davie Moyes turns up!

I don't agree with the view that Moyes has negative tactics.

We have a very small squad, and not too many options to change things around. Our line ups are very attack minded, and we constantly swap play. It's no fluke that we are a strong team.

Nah, I dont think the 'modern' Moyes is negative. But I do believe that there is a grain in the team from years gone by that means we tend to sit back and go negative. Hence, a fresh start is good for Moyes, and so long as we get the right man, its good for us too.

I don't think Manchester United will win the title under Moyes but I do think they will win something. He's going to be have to deliver otherwise he's going be shown the back-door so I think he'll go out for any trophy he can get his hands on (which I believe will be either the FA or Capital One Cup).

Chelsea will win the title if they get Mourinho and City will come second under Pellegrini.

Moyes could actually take silver-ware in his debut game if he beats Wigan in the Community Shield.

It completely escapes me how you guys can think he won't succeed at United... He'll be very successful mark my words

How many trophies has he won at Everton? Zero.

I think he'll succeed in a few years but I don't know whether he'll be kept long enough to see the glory days at Old Trafford. Even though he has a six-year contract he will be expected to win from day one.

How many trophies has he won at Everton? Zero.

I think he'll succeed in a few years but I don't know whether he'll be kept long enough to see the glory days at Old Trafford. Even though he has a six-year contract he will be expected to win from day one.

Take any manager from the top 5 clubs and tell me how would they have done at Everton differently than DM? I don't know if he'll do as well as SAF, but he'll do better than us with whoever ends up our manager.

The Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen has just criticised Moyes, he believes Moyes' fitness/conditioning regime is outdated.

"The dinosaur of all dinosaurs get a 6 year (!) contract to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Only possible in Jurassic Park.

The Man United players better prepare themselves for their training camp in Austria with 3 sessions a day for 4 consecutive days. Good luck!"

The Dutch coach Raymond Verheijen has just criticised Moyes, he believes Moyes' fitness/conditioning regime is outdated.

"The dinosaur of all dinosaurs get a 6 year (!) contract to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Only possible in Jurassic Park.

The Man United players better prepare themselves for their training camp in Austria with 3 sessions a day for 4 consecutive days. Good luck!"

How random!?

We are generally one of the fittest teams in the league!

How random!?

We are generally one of the fittest teams in the league!

And we've barely had any injuries this season either. Hibbert's been injured, Gibson has been injured regularly (but I believe he struggled with injuries at Man U as well) and Mirallas struggled with his hamstrings, but he didn't do the pre-season with Everton, though I did read he said he'd never had to train as hard as at Everton.

Verheijen likes to spark controversy though.

Guest John Burns

Who cares if Moyes is good enough for Man U? I do not! He is now from a previous life and the line has been drawn. What matters is if his replacement is good enough for Everton.

Edited by John Burns