IGNORED

Is Moyes good enough for United?

Although its a big hit for us to take, Some of us wanted rid some didnt. Lets take our blue glasses off and do you think he has what it takes?

Tactically football isnt a hard game. He knows what style of play he wants and doesnt deviate much so he needs to improve dramatically on that score. His reluctance to give kids thier chance is another fable. I would love him to win everything i really would just cant see it.

I truly believe that this has been planned between Moyes and Ferguson. I don't blame Moyes - who would turn down managing MU? I also believe him when he was saying wait and see. I think he gave Fergie that proviso... they had this planned early/midway through the season, but if Everton achieved CL or and Euro place, I'm thinking Moyes might have had a good long think and perhaps he would have stayed on - SAF would have delayed his retirement. But since dropping out of the FA cup, things went downhill from there. And as of the derby match, when our Euro hopes went out the window, Moyes would have given Ferguson a call "Okay Alex... job's done here at Everton, nothing to play for and my contracts up... Give me the reigns you old fart!"

Motes and fergie have been best mates for ages now. A bloke who watches the match in our local used to drive moyes to fergies house all the time (think he worked for corporate limo firm), they used to share a few bottles and natter.

Still think his conservative playing style won't appeal to their fans.

Although its a big hit for us to take, Some of us wanted rid some didnt. Lets take our blue glasses off and do you think he has what it takes?

Tactically football isnt a hard game. He knows what style of play he wants and doesnt deviate much so he needs to improve dramatically on that score. His reluctance to give kids thier chance is another fable. I would love him to win everything i really would just cant see it.

I think he will be a big succees there, for me the only gamble is his lack of experience in Europe and what will he be like with money, and Im sure Fergie can put him straight on both counts

I would completely disagree with the points you have made. firstly Moyes has been very limited in his options at Everton due to the size of the squad. Its not like we have the players to suddenly go 4-3-3. Weve never had 2 decent strikers so he is rightly reluctant to go 4-4-2. You have to play with the cards you are dealt with and I think he has done that superbly well over the years. At times some of our football has been superb but we just havent had that top class centre forward to finish it off otherwise Im sure we would have had more success

As for not giving kids a chance I think thats the biggest load of crap ever. We have one of the best youth setups around and it has produced plenty of players that have made the breakthrough into the first team. The problem is some people in here want the youngsters in just because of their age regardless of whether or not they are good enough or ready for it

Ive said all along that I beleived Moyes was a far better manager than some people in here give him credit for and it would appear that SAF and the people at United agree

I think that in some ways he is perfect and in some ways he will probably fall a little short.

In terms of managing the club and Utd's philosophy for longevity he is the perfect man. In that respect he will carry on from where Fergie left off.

He has always been known as a good man manager and whilst it will be a different kettle of fish at Utd Im sure he wont have any issues on that score.

In terms of his on the pitch performance Im sure he will do OK week in week out. RVP and Fergie held Utd together this season so if the former gets injured and starts misfiring, then Moyes could have a few problems. Moyes is walking into a team that has a winning attitude and are used to doing so which is the biggest positive Moyes has because he has never managed to instill that mentality into our players. He doesnt have a great record in Europe (mainly because we havent been their often enough) but generally when he tried to pit his wits against the better european teams he fell well short. His record domestically also shows that he isnt the greatest at setting his team up to win those big games, something that Fergie excelled in.

It will also be interesting to see how the players cope with Moyes' stats. Gary Neville said the other day that Fergie liked to keep things simple and never tried to overcomplicate the instructions he gave his players. Based on that article the other day, the Utd players are in for a shock!

The big positive for Moyes is that he will have Fergie to hold his hand and that experience could be the making of him as a top class manager.

I think that in some ways he is perfect and in some ways he will probably fall a little short.

In terms of managing the club and Utd's philosophy for longevity he is the perfect man. In that respect he will carry on from where Fergie left off.

He has always been known as a good man manager and whilst it will be a different kettle of fish at Utd Im sure he wont have any issues on that score.

In terms of his on the pitch performance Im sure he will do OK week in week out. RVP and Fergie held Utd together this season so if the former gets injured and starts misfiring, then Moyes could have a few problems. Moyes is walking into a team that has a winning attitude and are used to doing so which is the biggest positive Moyes has because he has never managed to instill that mentality into our players. He doesnt have a great record in Europe (mainly because we havent been their often enough) but generally when he tried to pit his wits against the better european teams he fell well short. His record domestically also shows that he isnt the greatest at setting his team up to win those big games, something that Fergie excelled in.

It will also be interesting to see how the players cope with Moyes' stats. Gary Neville said the other day that Fergie liked to keep things simple and never tried to overcomplicate the instructions he gave his players. Based on that article the other day, the Utd players are in for a shock!

The big positive for Moyes is that he will have Fergie to hold his hand and that experience could be the making of him as a top class manager.

spot on.

I don't believe he is but time will tell and he could go on to be just as successful as Ferguson.

I hope that doesn't happen because it means it's a team doing better than us tongue.png.

Still think he will be back with us in 2 years time, to save us from relegation ;)

I wish Moyes all the best - I really hope he does brilliantly, which is weird because obviously I hate Man Utd (surely there is a way that he can do well but Man Utd rubbish?). I think that he has a lot to learn to be a success there, really needs to take it to the next level. My main concern for him is that he focuses too much on negating the way the opposition play (which is understandable at everton), and less on just playing as the better team and forcing the opposition to negate you. The best teams always do that. At the beginning of this season, he had Everton playing some of the best footy I have ever seen us play, so he can do it. But I wonder when his Man Utd team lose a couple of game, and he's getting brickbats, whether he'll go back to his cautious negating style of play. Anyway, Im now much more concerned that the person we get in is good enough for us! Please not Hughes, nor Lennon. I'd much rather we took a risk on playing decent football and a young manager (as we did with Moyes), that stale old browbeaten dogs like Lennon or Hughes or O'Neill - though I'm not sure about Martinez. Good luck Davey lad! I for one shall miss you, and thanks for all the fish!

Given that i've seen him set up as a 4-5-1 at home to relegation fodder, play Blackpool and play to negate Charlie Adam then i'm going to say no.

As stated above, he worries about the opposition players threat too much rather than optimising our strengths against their weaknesses.

United will draw too many games under Moyes, for me that will be his failing.

Wish we'd get rid of him now for that tutelage, would save the club a half million £ in wages.

I really don't see why he should manage the last two games, it will be bringing too much of the wrong focus to the club. It's about the players and the result.

"oi you laddie - pull your finger out!, be proud to wear the shirt"

"oh hark at you gaffer, decorated your new office yet?"

I would happily see stubbs/fergie stand in as a interim duo.

I wish Moyes all the best at Utd. I hope he does do well, everyone for years have said wonder what he can do with a transfer budget but he won't have a say in it for a few years. United have already got people in mind that they want to buy, so even if Moyes said. I want Fellaini and Baines they would probably say no.

Might take him a while to get into the game but I reckon he will do well, besides SAF will be pulling the strings as he is going to be the master master puppeteer. SAF will still run the club until he is comfortable enough to let go and trust Moyes completely.

I really don't see why he should manage the last two games, it will be bringing too much of the wrong focus to the club. It's about the players and the result.

"oi you laddie - pull your finger out!, be proud to wear the shirt"

"oh hark at you gaffer, decorated your new office yet?"

I would happily see stubbs/fergie stand in as a interim duo.

I agree, It is the last home game but when he came out saying I want to win the next two games, my focus is on getting as high up the league as possible. I was thinking ok, so players are going to listen to you now since they know you are leaving them.

Hope I am wrong and the Everton players think, lets give him a send off he deserves at Goodison Park and play good football, but we will only find out when the whistle blows and the fans reaction (Cheering or Jeering) on Sunday 15:00.

as a Hammer with a soft spot for the Toffees,

do you ever think Moyes would have got you silverware or a regular top 4 spot?

genuine question, not provocatively, honest guv

I don't think he'd have ever gotten us a trophy. There was more chance of him getting us a top 4 spot though because he's very consistent.

Bonds - Moyes had enough chances to get 4th spot - 11 of them - without making the top 4 -

so in another 11 years I do not expect more -

out of 45 away games against Man United , Liverpool , Chelsea , and Arsenal he won a grand total of ZERO games -

what does that tell you ? The man is very consistant - consistently average ..... enough said

A hard ride ahead for Moyes I'm afraid. Those Man Utd players are so loyal to Ferguson he could struggle to win them over. My other concern for him is his lack of Champions League experience. I get the United fans crave that trophy more than the League now they've overtaken Liverpool and I can't see him winning it. A great servant to Everton though and I wish him well

A hard ride ahead for Moyes I'm afraid. Those Man Utd players are so loyal to Ferguson he could struggle to win them over. My other concern for him is his lack of Champions League experience. I get the United fans crave that trophy more than the League now they've overtaken Liverpool and I can't see him winning it. A great servant to Everton though and I wish him well

Of all managers in the world, Moyes will be the easiest in terms of winning over players. The fact that they clearly stated that Ferg chose Moyes as his successor is the key to his acceptance at Old Trafford. Nor Mourinho, neither Klopp have this advantage. They would have difficulties to get through to players, whereas Moyes won't. That is why Moyes will be more succesfull in Manchester than those two could ever be.

Edited by Mirallas